Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How many in support of a Jewel Loremaster?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I was thinking that it would be nice if players could have the option of a one stop shop for jewels similar to how the loremaster is a one stop shop for spells. The boss would be a parody of Lord of the Ring's Gollum. He would also be the first non-bundle/one-shot boss that molds himself to the level of the highest player there. His drop tables would similarly mold themselves. That way if you fight him at level 110 he would drop mostly lustrous and polished jewels while being the appropriate difficulty. Other levels would drop the appropriate level jewels for that player's usage. Here is my idea for his Prodigious version.

Questline

Merle Ambrose: Hello there young wizard, we've had a number of reports about a strange creature lurking on cyclops avenue. Go speak to Nolan Stormgate, he might have more information.

Nolan Stormgate: Oh hey it's you. Wow you've grown a lot. Anyway some of the newbies have been reporting a strange creature lurking around the area. Probably an exaggeration. Anyway I'm too busy um...monitoring cyclops movement...yeah! Check out the Dark Cave maybe you can find something there.

Narrator: You see a hunched over figure scurry into the house over there. Quickly you give chase

Garren: No.... stay back, you can't have her. Shes mine! My Cherished!

Boss
Garren
Rank 15
Health: 12,000
School: Shadow
Mastery: All Schools
Resists: Storm, Fire, Death: 50% resist
Boosts: Balance, Myth, Ice: 25%
Spells Known: All Triangle Spell Cards

Cheats:
My Cherished will Hide me!
-Whenever you cast a feint, Garren will cast a -100% accuracy mantle on the entire team

My Cherished will Protect me!
-Whenever Garren takes damage he randomly casts either pixie, satyr, healing current, sacrifice or availing hands

Your Charms mean nothing to me!
-Whenever you blade Garren will gain a power pip

Its safe here!
-Whenever you cast a specific trap Garren will cast a -70% tri ward from that school's triangle ex. If you cast a storm trap Garren will cast -70% storm, fire and ice shields

Drops
Garren will always drop at least one jewel(possibly more), some gold and some reagents.

Common Drops
Resist and Damage Jewels

Semi-Rare Drops
Accuracy, Pips, Critical, Block Jewels

Rare Drops
Pierce, Health, Healing, Stun Resist Jewels

Ultra Rare Drops
Morganthe, Aquillan, Avalonian Utility Card Jewels, All other Card Jewels

Highest Rarity Drops
New Crystal Mount, Crystal Wands, Crystal Butterfly Pet, Jewel Pack of Random School

So would you like to see this boss added? Comment with your ideas and feedback.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I like it.

I particularly like that he resists the two most common Hammer Schools. If he removed converts like Death Morganthe, Ice and Myth would get a chance to be favored Hammers with Storm supporting (OMG!) for once. :)

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
Triangle spell cards? What are triangle spell cards?

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
i like the idea but it makes little sense for a boss to drop gear mount and pet from a boss. why would you suggest that, but other wise i love it

is

Wolf ice bringer