Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Silver Chests time vs reward

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 24, 2015
Hi, I really feel that it's often not worth the time to actually stop and open a silver chest based on the usual rewards I see. Often it's just gold similar to or less than what you might expect from a wooden chest. I'm in wintertusk right now on my life wizard and I just run by them without even bothering.

The mini game you are forced to play can take almost 2 minutes between the loading screen and the game itself so when you then get say 80 gold out of it (some one around lvl 60 at this point since it's wintertusk) you feel like it was a complete waste to even stop. At best you might get a treasure card but, honestly, it's becoming pretty rare to see these anymore. At lower levels I'd say the chance of getting a treasure card seemed far more frequent.

If the rewards must be kept as they are might I suggest simply removing the mini game requirement altogether? It could be just me but it doesn't feel worth the effort or time to complete it knowing you'll very likely just get a tiny amount of gold. If I was looking to waste some time and make some cash I'd be more encourage to just run around collecting regents to sell or craft with while opening wooden chests along the way.

If the minigame must remain could there possible me an increase in reward? Regents, pet snacks, more gold, costume items, and maybe a rare chance for a pet and/or mount. Something along those lines so that when I see a silver chest I don't think "Why bother? It's not worth it" and just run by it. There might even be an incentive to actually look for silver chests which I'm pretty sure almost no players actively do. It's just never a priority cause the reward is so lackluster for having to complete those minigames.

I don't think I'm speaking for the minority of the player base when I say that an increase in reward or removal of the minigame would be appreciated.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
I agree with this

I am a about a lvl 32 on my highest account and I rarely see silver chests, but when I do the reward is almost the same as a regular wooden chest

Explorer
Feb 12, 2013
Once you hit Avalon, the prizes start getting better, or at least better in my opinion. I'm in Azteca now and I usually get Sunstone, which I can never seem to get in the bazaar or as a drop. I also seem to get a few other rare reagents, as well as over 100 gold.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I agree, they aren't worth the time it wastes for a chance to get 80 gold, and that's only if you beat the minigame. I stopped bothering with them a long time ago.

Explorer
May 25, 2011
For me the loading screen takes one second and the game itself takes 30. I don't see your problem. Be appreciative about the silver chests. You shouldn't rush through the game.

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
Please, Please keep passing by those lovely silver chest. No one should ever take time from questing to open one. The gold, reagents, TC's and other wondrous surprises are never worth the time. Just leave them and we folks with nothing better to do than play silly games can take care of them.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Kitilark on Nov 24, 2015 wrote:
Please, Please keep passing by those lovely silver chest. No one should ever take time from questing to open one. The gold, reagents, TC's and other wondrous surprises are never worth the time. Just leave them and we folks with nothing better to do than play silly games can take care of them.
I second this!
Please leave all of those Azteca Silver Chests alone... the gold, usually two high level reagents and high level TCs are definitely not worth your time or effort.
Walk on by...

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I think the shock-a-lock game should give bonuses for faster solve time. If you solve the puzzle, hit a new button called "check now". if you solved the puzzle correctly, you should get an extra bonus for the amount of time left. make it work similarly to how grub guardian works with the extra food left