Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Snowball Barrage Needs Some Kind of Buff

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2012
I believe that Snowball Barrage in its current state is under powered.

My suggestions to the spell is "90 Damage per Pip and Legion Shield to Friends" or "95 Damage per Pip" but even then, I dislike that this spell is an X-Pip spell.

I would really rather not have this spell be an X-Pip spell and instead be a regular spell like all the other 1 shadow pip, 6 pip spells. I don't know if KingsIsle has ever changed a spell like this but I think they should. I feel like the schools that get an X-Pip spell are unique to them and only for them, and it should stay that way. Now this way has been broken as another school (Ice) got the same type of X-Pip spell as an other school (Storm). Ice already has an X-Pip spell (even though it is not an attack spell) and so I don't think it should get another one (unless it were an X-Pip shield but that's going off topic).

A suggestion for a non X-Pip version of the spell would be "600-715 Damage and Steal 1 pip from all." This would be a unique spell as no attack all spell has stolen pips. Another one is "650-750 Damage and Steal Ward from all." Again another unique effect for an attack all spell. These effects may not be the best but the damage of this spell shouldn't too far off from the damage of Mystic Colossus. I'm not one of the developers so I'm not the best on the balancing of the damage, but since Raging Bull's Minimum Damage is 775 damage maybe the maximum damage for Snowball Barrage should be a little less than 775 Damage.

With the damage I suggested I see every ice wizard using this spell (Although that may be since my suggested damage is a little over powered), and it has been a while since ice got an AOE after Frost Giant, and this new one shouldn't be under powered. Snow Angel is a pretty good and powerful attack all, but when you want to use traps or prisms you'll be only using Frost Giant, and Frost Giant is not a very damage heavy spell at all.

I really hope Kingsisle buffs this spell in some sort of way, but I really, REALLY, want them to change the spell to not be an X-Pip spell.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
I totally agree. I've been pushing for this since the introduction of the test realm. However, I have my own idea for it that would make it kind of unique. Imagine, a double X pip spell. So basically, it would be a mix of Snowball Barrage and Frozen Armor. Bump Snowball Barrage up to 95 and make it so it also does a basic absorption. The spell card would look like this: 95 damage per pip to all enemies and absorb 150 damage per pip to self. I don't know if that's OP or not, as I don't usually think about spell damage and am strictly PvE, but i'm sure the game makers could figure it out. Sadly, however, I doubt they are going to change it. D: