Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bigger Inventory Size/Bank

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
Face it this game has been out for years, countless items have been added, crown items have been purchased and loot has been obtained and yet even after all this nothing has been done to the size of inventory. I do not want to start making new wizards just to hold items and then have to figure out which one of them is holding what for me when I plan to use it.

I buy tons of crowns and I mean tons of them I would not mind even slightly shelling out crowns to upgrade my bank space. I get really bothers when I got to start feeding crowns items to my pet because I do not have the space to hold them anymore. I have a full bank and shared bank of stuff that I have obtained over years. I do not want to start trashing or eating it hoping I obtain a nice reagent because gold honestly isnt a problem so my preferred method is here pet have a snack and reward me with a nice reagent. I loot alot I spent about 4 hours a day looting stuff throughout the spiral. I prefer looting way more than I do quest or leveling up with this love of mine I do not have enough space I never do its a constant hassle of stop see what I am willing to feed the pet and lose forever and then get back at it again.

My inventory size doesnt affect anything about your game good or bad. It just makes it to where I have to be annoyed. I would really like to be able to buy upgrades for my bank/inventory size. Better yet it should increase with level to begin with. I would be VERY HAPPY beyond words if I could get a bigger inventory size. Make it happen!

PS. the housing item increase elixirs and thing does not do anything to combat against this . I cannot lay down hat,robes, boots, and the likes and honestly I dont think I can make enough mannequins to start holding it all either.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Gosh, this would be so helpful to me XD When I quest, I quest like a maniac and never stop to sell things so normally all my drops automatically get sold because I don't get rid of stuff in my bank or backpack when I'm questing. I guess that's irresponsibility on my part, but it would be nice to keep being irresponsible. Anyway, my point is: I LOVE THIS IDEA.

Explorer
Aug 01, 2013
Yes indeed also more backpack space for jewels 100 isn't enough we need more!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
What would work nicely, and is the trend, is to make an item that we can store other items in. Similar to the Music Players, fish tanks, or seed vaults, we could have a Wardrobe (crafted or crown bought) where we can put in, maybe like 50 more items per wardrobe, with a limit of one inside and one outside.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Now you're talking.

Its not everyone's challenge, but my gold is always maxed out,my bank, shared bank, backpack, and TCs are always full.

I wouldn't mind having an armory vault in my house to store and display gear and weapons.

I also wouldn't mind having a charity store where I could just drop off items for others to have and use; so wizards can drop off anything, as much as they want, but if they take something, it can't be for nothing, and the play shall share something in return.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
dayerider on Nov 24, 2015 wrote:
What would work nicely, and is the trend, is to make an item that we can store other items in. Similar to the Music Players, fish tanks, or seed vaults, we could have a Wardrobe (crafted or crown bought) where we can put in, maybe like 50 more items per wardrobe, with a limit of one inside and one outside.
Genius! :)

~Stephanie WildHunter~

Survivor
Oct 21, 2012
Backpack, Bank, Attic, and Shared Bank should be able to be increased!

Add potions/items to the crown shop for each type of storage that gives 10, 25 or 50 extra spaces and make the cost scale as to the more you buy... ie: first increase costs say 50 crowns, 2nd costs 75, 3rd costs 100 and so on...

This way, people can choose how much extra space they need (and are willing to pay for).

A total cap limit could also be implemented, but it would need to be at least 1000 items in EACH type of storage IMHO.

As another alternative - make castle blocks, pets and mounts NOT contribute to item limits - at least in backpack and (shared) bank.

Thanks for listening.

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
dayerider on Nov 24, 2015 wrote:
No, with a wardrobe, make it so that each house has a 50/100 limit, regardless of the number of wardrobes. ie, the outside wardrobes at a house would all be 'shared' so whatever you put in one shows up in all the wardrobes and likewise for indoor wardrobes. Each house with it's own wardrobe spaces, just you can't access that space without a wardrobe present. Then someone could buy only one wardrobe or they could buy multiple wardrobes, which can be useful when wanting to use for decorating purposes.

Another good idea would be to have two 'attics', one for each house and one 'global' attic per wizard. Limit to 50 items each though (so one house would mean 100 items total and each additional house would mean extra storage of 50 items). So if you have a house you like to do crafting at, you might use the attic there for crafting supplies, while another house might have Halloween decorations in the attic, etc. The global attic would make it easy to transfer stuff from one house to another (global attic plus space on wizard of course).

As it is now, one attic for someone with 30+ houses (like me) is a joke really. When it's just the dorm room, I have a 100:1 ratio of attic space to living space. But now it's 100:30, which is roughly 3:1 (three items per living quarters). Even an increase of 50 spaces per new house would still decrease the ratio, but it 1550:30 (attic plus 30 * number of living quarters) would still be much better than 100:30.

What it really comes down to is there needing to be some sort of per-house/castle/living-quarters storage that we players can make use of, even if it's necessary to buy something (inexpensive) to gain access to that storage.

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
giric682 on Dec 15, 2015 wrote:
Backpack, Bank, Attic, and Shared Bank should be able to be increased!

Add potions/items to the crown shop for each type of storage that gives 10, 25 or 50 extra spaces and make the cost scale as to the more you buy... ie: first increase costs say 50 crowns, 2nd costs 75, 3rd costs 100 and so on...

This way, people can choose how much extra space they need (and are willing to pay for).

A total cap limit could also be implemented, but it would need to be at least 1000 items in EACH type of storage IMHO.

As another alternative - make castle blocks, pets and mounts NOT contribute to item limits - at least in backpack and (shared) bank.

Thanks for listening.
Nice idea but for buying extra space, I think it should be on somewhat reverse scale.

Increase space by 5 - 50 crowns each time
Increase space by 10 - 75 crowns each time
Increase space by 25 - 150 crowns each time
Increase space by 50 - 250 crowns each time

Max increase be something like 100. So someone could spend 500 crowns to get the max, or they could do it a little at a time (but end up spending much more).

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
Yes, I'm always running out of room in my backpack, bank, and shared bank. Never all at once, but I'm only level 46. By the time I'm level 110, chances are even my ATTIC will be stuffed!
But I would particularly like extra backpack space. I have different gear for different needs, and it fills most of my backpack. Then while questing or shopping, I can only carry about five or less more things.
This could be a potion; I know there is a potion to increase housing space.