Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rare pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
Due to what a player has said on rare pets and hatching, it has come to my attention that we can NO longer hatch with people that have rare pets; I think that we should keep everyone happy by allowing ALL players whither they pay for membership/crowns or not to let them hatch whither it's rare or not. It is wrong to limit what nonpaying players can do when it comes to hatching cause that's all they have. Please keep the players happy by bringing back their chance to hatch with players that have rare pets. It is unfair and wrong to limit players when they have little to nothing in the game. If this is NOT something that has been added to the game and we can STILL hatch rare pets then do accept my humble apologizes in regards towards this matter. Thank you!

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
Honestly I think rare pets should stay rare. For example if you were able to get a Sheep pet from hatching it would ruin its worth and value. Plus its an exclusive gift to those who work for Kingsisle. Also the Pioneer Dragon was a gift to beta players and some of them still play today. Plus most pets can still be earned through events, and giveaways on fan sites. (Such as the Danger Hound).

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Where and what exactly did you hear? Certain extremely rare pets that were given for special occasions like the sheep given to KI employees can't hatch and there's certain others that will give another random rare pet instead of the same pet because they are special limited edition pets, but this is the first I've heard anything of this rumor and I really don't put much stock in it's truth unless KI makes an announcement saying it. I hatch rare pets a lot and have seen and heard nothing of any changes made to hatching since they made some minor changes to special pets like I mentioned above.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I've never heard anything like that, and there's nothing about hatching in the Update Notes. Google gives me no results either.