Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bug in "Storming The Bastille" quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 06, 2011
Oops?

There is a bug in the "Storming The Bastille" quest.
Only one player can talk to Danton at the end of the final battle.
On the upside, Congrats on the release of Polaris :D.

LeeshaLotusflower

Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
I have defeated a Dungeon where the last boss is Warden Vissarovich. I have to talk to Dalton but he hasn't shown up yet. Is this a glitch or am i doing something wrong

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
When I tried that boss, the same thing happened. It seems to only allow 1 member of the team to talk to Dalton.
I did the dungeon solo, and had no problem talking to him.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Our questing group had to run through this dungeon (Cell Block A) three times to get everyone a chance to talk to Danton and finish the quest.

As I was late getting online and didn't have a chance to be part of their team, I missed out on it but now I know to wait until the update to this glitch.

I remember reporting a similar glitch aboard the Sea Chicken, which I had to redo after discovering I could not climb the ladder from the hold. One person ran ahead and pushed the crates into the sea, completing the quest. The folks still trapped belowdecks could not get upstairs to complete their end.

More waiting...so frustrated. Cannot quest on Friday, and by tomorrow my friends will likely be done with the entire world.

OKay update. This may work for you, it worked for half our team but not for my two accounts (maybe my connection is a millisecond too slow?)

I ran with two wizards (death and balance) and my friend ran with two wizards (fire and ice). We got to Danton, walked up to him, and on the count of three, all hit X at the same time.

The dialog box came up for us all.

Then, as soon as we started pressing space bar to tab through the dialog, he finished on both ice and fire. He got credit for the quest on both. I was on the last dialog line when suddenly it, and Danton, vanished. Instead, on both my wiz, I saw the familiar "Talk to Danton in Basstille" and an empty spot in the corner where Danton was standing a second before.

If you and a friend can coordinate exactly simultaneously hitting X and tabbing through the dialog, you CAN finish it together I think. You'll probably need to use voice chat though, or some sort of countdown. You need to not only start the dialog exactly at the same time, but finish it exactly at the same time.

Am ready to tear my hair out on this. But if you can't wait until a fix arrives and don't want to run this 4 times, there you go.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
I had this same problem. One person would get him and then he'd just wander off and not respawn. I'm glad our questing group only has three people at the moment, because I can't imagine doing this a fourth time in a row like that. It was especially weird because I, as the last person to get it, saw the dialogue from Danton when the others talked to him before he disappeared, as though it was part of the dungeon itself, but my quest never completed.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
I experienced that bug, too. I think it's major. How will anyone else progress through Polaris if the last Wizard that joined a team doesn't get the chance to talk to Danton after finishing the instance?

Professor Greyrose, I really hope this gets fixed. It's very urgent.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
same here found this out to day i think we will find more bugs lol

Survivor
Jul 16, 2014
when i was trying to do my quest and i needed to talk to this polar bear guy to get a key to save him i did not finish taking to him then i teleported to someone then i can talk to the polar bear or go to his room

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
At the end of the main Basstille quest, you are supposed to interact with an NPC named Danton. I have tried three times to do just that, but the game will not allow me to speak with him. The first time I tried, he wasn't in the room at all, the second time, another member of the team spoke to him while the rest of us were fighting, and Danton (and that other player) disappeared. The third time, out of a four-person team, only one was able to interact with Danton, while the rest of us could not finish the quest.

From what I understand, this was a bug in test, and KI was made aware of it. It's slightly horrific to be forced to redo that dungeon over and over again just to move forward in Polaris. This is not a side quest; this is the main quest line, and I am not alone in my frustration. I sent an email to support, as did another member of the last team, and I hope KI resolves this issue ASAP.

Thank you.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
Leesha Lotusflower on Nov 18, 2015 wrote:
Oops?

There is a bug in the "Storming The Bastille" quest.
Only one player can talk to Danton at the end of the final battle.
On the upside, Congrats on the release of Polaris :D.

LeeshaLotusflower
Weirdest. Bug. Ever. 4 runs for my team...

Survivor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah pls fix this it's frustrating

Survivor
May 01, 2013
Yes I had to do it with one team this morning with one team three times and again with another team tonight four times this evening. And only got it to finally work after leaving and switching realms. That seemed to work tonight. Everyone I have talked to has run into the same problem there.

Kelly Firedreamer

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Also had this issue with the Cell Block A quest. We had to complete three times to get everyone to talk to Danton and it's unfortunately not the only bug we encountered, all of which I encountered and reported during Test.

Administrator
Hello,

We are aware of the issue with Danton in the Bastille and are working toward a resolution as soon as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you all for your patience.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
I got all the way to the end of the Bastille, Cell Block A. Once we killed the final boss, my friend talked to the end character first. Then he disappeared. The legend kept telling me to talk to him as well, and the arrow pointed me to his spot - but he was just gone. I didn't get credit for the dungeon and that makes me kind of angry - to have to do it all over again.

Explorer
Nov 11, 2010
I had the same problem when i went in a group at the Bastille quest,happened twice with a group,finally got to talk to Danton when I solo it.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2009
After you defeat the boss before you talk to Danton, only one person is able to speak to Danton before he disappears. This has happened to several others and one saying he had to complete the dungeon four times before he was able to finally talk to him.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2013
I have just completed "Storming the Bastille" and i talked to Dalton but only one player ( there was only two of us who entered ) gained credit from completing this quest. So i am asking what do i have to do now?? Please don't tell me i have to reenter this very long dungeon. It also does not tell you that this is a dungeon when you enter, or how long it will take you to complete it. Please fix this bug an credit me for completion of it . Thank you in advance for your concern to this matter.

Survivor
May 06, 2011
Administrator
Hello,

This issue should be resolved with this morning's game update.

community@wizard101.com