Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drop Chance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Hello, I've been playing Wizard101 for a while now, and as such there's always the conversation with me and my fellow wizards on the game about drop chance. Apparently, the idea is that, "If you get defeated in battle or flee, your drop chance lowers."

There are others probably; I've heard a few other ones. "The amount of damage you do to the enemy changes the rate of drops," or "The less people in the battle the higher the drop rate."

So it brings me to the big question;

Is drop chance changed within a battle depending on circumstances such as defeat, fleeing, number of wizards in battle, or amount of damage?

Thank you in advance for your insight,
Madison NightStone.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
Clarinetplayer2247 on Nov 17, 2015 wrote:
Hello, I've been playing Wizard101 for a while now, and as such there's always the conversation with me and my fellow wizards on the game about drop chance. Apparently, the idea is that, "If you get defeated in battle or flee, your drop chance lowers."

There are others probably; I've heard a few other ones. "The amount of damage you do to the enemy changes the rate of drops," or "The less people in the battle the higher the drop rate."

Is drop chance changed within a battle depending on circumstances such as defeat, fleeing, number of wizards in battle, or amount of damage?

Madison NightStone.
The fact of the matter is there is no drop chance at all. It's all completely luck. If anyone says that there is something that increases or decreases chance it pure superstition. There are thing that I do in game that I think are lucky but it's all just luck.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010

Madison NightStone.
Those are just Ratbeard Rumors XD ignore them. I heard if you rub your stomach and pat your head then Malistaire will drop his entire gear set.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009

Madison NightStone.
You cannot affect the drop chance. You can lower the overall amount of drops received....if you are not in battle when the enemy is defeated (i.e. you don't get credit for the defeat...therefore do not get drops).

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
the awesome pyroma... on Nov 17, 2015 wrote:
The fact of the matter is there is no drop chance at all. It's all completely luck. If anyone says that there is something that increases or decreases chance it pure superstition. There are thing that I do in game that I think are lucky but it's all just luck.
You will hear theory after theory, speculation after speculation and some folks will tell you they know for sure what increases or decreases the probability of getting a certain item to drop. Don't believe them! The fact of the matter is... we don't know. KI will not release stats regarding drop percentage ratios nor should they. It's all random chance. The only thing "for sure" is... in order to even have a chance to receive a dropped item you have to be alive when the boss is defeated. If you are gone for any reason... died and were in the process of porting back for instance... and the boss is defeated while you're gone... tough luck.

Using the Loremaster as a control I have wizards that have:
- gotten a spell on the first try.
- made, literally, hundreds of attempts and still don't have a spell.
- gotten spells while acting as strictly a healer (no damage dealt).
- gotten ALL of her spells while supporting as a Balance.
- gotten spells as a hitter.

So whether the actions of any of those wizards had any direct correlation to the spell drop... your guess is as good as mine. We shall probably never know.