Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Way to track what fish you've seen?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 30, 2015
Good morning!
I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to track what fish you've loaded on your account when you enter a new fishing area. I'm on a personal quest to get Epic fish and I'm having a heck of a time with the Goldfin-ger and Moosushi...I went so far as to delete the program and reload it so that I could see them load when I enter the area. But in the Jade Palace, in particular, so much new stuff loads that I may simply have missed it.

So, is there any way to know what's loaded and what hasn't? At least that way I won't be summoning fish over and over waiting for the load icon.

Thanks,
Marcus Ghostsong

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
No, I don't think there's an easy way to figure out what's loaded. Only once did what you're asking work for me. I forget what fish it was, but I saw it's name load on the side and I knew it was there that day.

Fortunately KI has created some excellent fishing utility spells available in Dragonspyre that have made fishing a whole lot easier, particularly in the early fishing worlds. Winnow spells and Reveal Fish Rank 1 are fantastic!

They may not improve the odds of a rare fish spawning, but they can quickly reduce the amount of time you spend pulling out fish you don't want meaning you can Summon Fish sooner, and that's almost as good. The faster you can reset a pond, the more quickly you have a chance of the fish you're looking for spawning.

Test drive some of those utility spells if you haven't already. There will still be frustrating times, but they make a big difference.

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
High Five Ghost on Nov 3, 2015 wrote:
No, I don't think there's an easy way to figure out what's loaded. Only once did what you're asking work for me. I forget what fish it was, but I saw it's name load on the side and I knew it was there that day.

Fortunately KI has created some excellent fishing utility spells available in Dragonspyre that have made fishing a whole lot easier, particularly in the early fishing worlds. Winnow spells and Reveal Fish Rank 1 are fantastic!

They may not improve the odds of a rare fish spawning, but they can quickly reduce the amount of time you spend pulling out fish you don't want meaning you can Summon Fish sooner, and that's almost as good. The faster you can reset a pond, the more quickly you have a chance of the fish you're looking for spawning.

Test drive some of those utility spells if you haven't already. There will still be frustrating times, but they make a big difference.
High Five Ghost, you are my hero. No kidding.

I thought I'd gotten all of the Dspyre spells, didn't realize there was another trainer in the Labyrinth. Went and got the spells you mention...and within a few restocks had gotten the Goldfin-ger.

Hours upon hours of work...boiled down to a few minutes thanks to your post.

Much appreciated!

Marcus Ghostsong

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Where is the other trainer in Dragonspire???

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
Davidfire school on Nov 21, 2015 wrote:
Where is the other trainer in Dragonspire???
In the Labyrinth, standing next to the first guy you need to talk to at the beginning of the dungeon.