Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about stats

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 15, 2015
hi I'm a level 50 sorcerer and a while ago I had socketed a jewel that gives +12% resist for all schools. It showed up in my stats on the second line under resist and it doesn't even work! Is that second line for like pvp or something because I'm a bit confused. Can someone please explain it to me?

-Sierra Pearl

Administrator
Hello,

The jewel you found gives 12 resist, not 12%. The stats screen shows percentages on one line, and flat damage or resist amounts on another line.

community@wizard101.com
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Sierra Pearl on Oct 27, 2015 wrote:
hi I'm a level 50 sorcerer and a while ago I had socketed a jewel that gives +12% resist for all schools. It showed up in my stats on the second line under resist and it doesn't even work! Is that second line for like pvp or something because I'm a bit confused. Can someone please explain it to me?

-Sierra Pearl
Most all of the damage resist jewels are a flat amount like the Prof said. In your case, if you get hit with a spell that does 50 damage, your jewel will shave 12 damage right off the top so you'll only take 38. An attack that does 1000 damage would also only be resisted by 12 meaning you'd take 988 damage. The higher the damage the less effective the jewel will be because it will always only resist 12 damage. With a percentage resistance, the amount resisted would increase as the damage increases. At 50 damage a 12% resist jewel would only resist 6... but at 1000 damage it would resist 120.
A jewel that gives a 12% resist for all schools would be worth a fortune!

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
So would resist jewels be effective against DOTs?

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Darthvarian on Oct 27, 2015 wrote:
So would resist jewels be effective against DOTs?
Yes, they affect DoTs.