Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fix Death Spells (Call of Khrulhu)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 06, 2014
Some Death spells' animations are extremely long. Especially Call of Khrulhu, the animation just takes way too long. I often feel the need to apologize to people when I use it because it makes fights too long. I suggest making it so that it absorbs the enemies health all at once, rather than each individual enemy. Please fix this. It's the most powerful spell that Death has, people should be able to use it without feeling like their wasting other people's time.

Delver
May 12, 2012
Absolutely right! When my death friends use it when we farm I don't even watch it, I just start going to other things on my computer because it takes WAY too long. When it is over, I go back to my screen and think thank goodness that is over! It really gets annoying after a while, so I totally agree.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
horselain on Oct 23, 2015 wrote:
Some Death spells' animations are extremely long. Especially Call of Khrulhu, the animation just takes way too long. I often feel the need to apologize to people when I use it because it makes fights too long. I suggest making it so that it absorbs the enemies health all at once, rather than each individual enemy. Please fix this. It's the most powerful spell that Death has, people should be able to use it without feeling like their wasting other people's time.
actually, during the last live event, they let slip that it would be fixed, altho inadvertently. When they played the first quest or two, they had a fight, and I think the woman playing used her death wizard and did squid. One turned to the other (I dont remember which) and asked, "is this the fixed squid or regular?". THAT to me implies they DID already fix the spell, we just dont know how yet, because it was the UNtweaked spell. So, keep your eyes out and wait and see if they release a fixed version during this update

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
..and whats next? Ra? Or a myth school spell, or forest lord, and it would be no end of these required "fixes"..if it works, why change it?

Survivor
Jan 06, 2012
horselain on Oct 23, 2015 wrote:
YES they should REALLY REALLY fix it, its so annoying to wait and wait of the spell to be over, when ever somebody does that spell, i always say "OH GREAT!, this spell again :(" its like wasting 30 second of your wizard life just for a spell, and i thought my rain of fire spell was long, no!... call of Khrulu is so much worse.

Fiona DuskWard

Survivor
Nov 09, 2012
Being an Exalted Death wiz, I know how you feel, I want them to change it so it hits every enemy at once and heals you 50% of that health all together!

They changed Storm Lord, why not change Khrulhu?

I barely use it because of it's length, I have it in my pvp deck but that is it.

Defender
Mar 31, 2014
I think everyone agrees khrulhu takes way too long - i agree on making if faster, Ra looks super fast next to it.

Delver
May 12, 2012
enkia on Oct 25, 2015 wrote:
I think everyone agrees khrulhu takes way too long - i agree on making if faster, Ra looks super fast next to it.
Yeah, the forever-lasting khrulhu makes everyone not want to use it as much. Everyone wants it faster, 20 seconds tops maybe. :)

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I think it's funny how many people want Khrulhu shortened. What else important do you have to do that an extra 30 seconds would make a difference? The spell is normally powerful enough to make a serious dent, if not wipe out the entire complement of enemies in one shot. Sure, it's long, but when you think about it, is it any longer than the other three wizards in the team casting consecutive Ra, Storm Giant, Forest Lord, Humongofrog... or any other shorter but (usually) less powerful spells, one after the other? In the time it takes for the non-Death wizards to pip-up for their AoE, a Death wiz with a lucky Shadow pip can cast Khrulhu on the second or third round and boom, game over. I have to admit, I've been on both sides of the fence on this. On one hand, it certainly takes a heck of a lot longer than Glowbug Squall which is its equal if not stronger... on the other hand, if I'm fighting alongside an Ice, Fire, Balance or Life wizard I know they don't really have anything to compare to it. Myth can almost get there with Mystic Colossus but I rarely see it in use. So I just sit back, have a sip of coffee and enjoy the show. It's an ominously beautiful spell to watch and it gets the job done. Maybe some time could be shaved off of it but is it really necessary? If you're that anxious to do something else then maybe you shouldn't be teaming up with people in the first place.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
TucsonWizard on Nov 3, 2015 wrote:
I think it's funny how many people want Khrulhu shortened. What else important do you have to do that an extra 30 seconds would make a difference? The spell is normally powerful enough to make a serious dent, if not wipe out the entire complement of enemies in one shot. Sure, it's long, but when you think about it, is it any longer than the other three wizards in the team casting consecutive Ra, Storm Giant, Forest Lord, Humongofrog... or any other shorter but (usually) less powerful spells, one after the other? In the time it takes for the non-Death wizards to pip-up for their AoE, a Death wiz with a lucky Shadow pip can cast Khrulhu on the second or third round and boom, game over. I have to admit, I've been on both sides of the fence on this. On one hand, it certainly takes a heck of a lot longer than Glowbug Squall which is its equal if not stronger... on the other hand, if I'm fighting alongside an Ice, Fire, Balance or Life wizard I know they don't really have anything to compare to it. Myth can almost get there with Mystic Colossus but I rarely see it in use. So I just sit back, have a sip of coffee and enjoy the show. It's an ominously beautiful spell to watch and it gets the job done. Maybe some time could be shaved off of it but is it really necessary? If you're that anxious to do something else then maybe you shouldn't be teaming up with people in the first place.
It's rather tedious waiting for it when creatures cast it. It really should hit like Morganthe's spider hit, all at once. There's no need for 4 separate drain/heal sequences.

Delver
May 12, 2012
seethe42 on Nov 3, 2015 wrote:
It's rather tedious waiting for it when creatures cast it. It really should hit like Morganthe's spider hit, all at once. There's no need for 4 separate drain/heal sequences.
Right, after a while it gets very annoying, plus what is the point for 4 seperate drains?

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
seethe42 on Nov 3, 2015 wrote:
I understand your point but I think there are times when it's appropriate for individual hit animations. In lengthy battles, against bosses you might not be familiar with, it's useful to see what resistances those enemies might have against your attack. With individual hits you see the effects of your hit, revealing these resistances which allows you to better prepare for the next hit. With hits like the Spider attack it's not always apparent what's happening regarding resistance. Agreeably it takes a while but I'll fall back on my original point... what else would you be doing in those few extra seconds?
I will admit that we could do without the "squid" plunging back into the depths after each hit... eliminating that would shave about 20-30 seconds off the animation (against 4 enemies).