Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stay until the end!

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Perhaps this has been proposed before but I have a suggestion:
For those long, drawn out gauntlet boss battles that are so hard to complete without someone dropping out before it's finished... how about no reward payout until the last enemy falls? We've all been "victims?" of the scenario where you go through three, four or even more rooms full of enemies and someone in the group will get the drop they want and -boom- they flee, leaving the rest to fight with a weakened crew. If payouts in this type of dungeon were not dropped until the end of the dungeon it would ensure that a lot more folks would stick around through the entire fight. And I'm talking about ALL the rewards... gear, gold and XP! I've been in battles, Waterworks for instance, where I've gotten the drop I want from that Squid, Luska, but I'll stick around for Sylster Gloworm because there are other people counting on me. It's only common courtesy and it's what teamwork is all about. I think it would also make for a better chance of getting full crews to begin with if you're trying to enter these battles through the Team-up Kiosk. Sometimes I'm hesitant to join this type of battle for the simple reason that it's almost a certainty that you won't make it through with a full team.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Yes please. I'd suggest moving all of the gold and experience from the instance quests to the last one, and moving all drops to the last battle. That would exclude secret bosses, of course.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
TucsonWizard on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:
Perhaps this has been proposed before but I have a suggestion:
For those long, drawn out gauntlet boss battles that are so hard to complete without someone dropping out before it's finished... how about no reward payout until the last enemy falls? We've all been "victims?" of the scenario where you go through three, four or even more rooms full of enemies and someone in the group will get the drop they want and -boom- they flee, leaving the rest to fight with a weakened crew. If payouts in this type of dungeon were not dropped until the end of the dungeon it would ensure that a lot more folks would stick around through the entire fight. And I'm talking about ALL the rewards... gear, gold and XP! I've been in battles, Waterworks for instance, where I've gotten the drop I want from that Squid, Luska, but I'll stick around for Sylster Gloworm because there are other people counting on me. It's only common courtesy and it's what teamwork is all about. I think it would also make for a better chance of getting full crews to begin with if you're trying to enter these battles through the Team-up Kiosk. Sometimes I'm hesitant to join this type of battle for the simple reason that it's almost a certainty that you won't make it through with a full team.
The thing you need to remember is that things like "Common Courtesy", "Common Decency" and "Common Sense" aren't very common.

Saving the drops until the last battle is a GREAT idea. That's why most people will be against it.

This is the "ME" generation. That's what happens when everything is handed to kids these days. They don't care about other people, only themselves.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
While I agree in the sentiment, I disagree in the solution. Making all drops happen the final battle only hurts more than helps in my opinion. Most major dungeon boss drops work like this already, however some drops happen on earlier bosses. If I want to farm Luska, doing only the first half of Waterworks I should be able to. I wouldn't do it like that with a team unless they were up for doing it like that, but having the option to do it should still be there. Removing all drops to the final battle would take away a lot of solo farming opportunities. I farmed Luska solo for mastery amulets. Why should I have to fight the second half every time when I'm doing it alone?

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
Going off of Seete42's point, maybe in multi boss dungeons such as waterworks, after clicking team up you could specify if you are looking to finish the dungeon or only go up to a certain boss. Then those who want to farm Luska can make a team for themselves and will get their drops when they fight Luska as opposed to needing to do the entire dungeon to farm Luska.

Also, the "only drop at the end" should not be in effect when soloing, as there is no point in withholding drops when they have no one with them to abandon.

Other than that I think it is a good idea. I certainly get annoyed when people drop out on me.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
seethe42 on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:
While I agree in the sentiment, I disagree in the solution. Making all drops happen the final battle only hurts more than helps in my opinion. Most major dungeon boss drops work like this already, however some drops happen on earlier bosses. If I want to farm Luska, doing only the first half of Waterworks I should be able to. I wouldn't do it like that with a team unless they were up for doing it like that, but having the option to do it should still be there. Removing all drops to the final battle would take away a lot of solo farming opportunities. I farmed Luska solo for mastery amulets. Why should I have to fight the second half every time when I'm doing it alone?
I thought about this before I made the suggestion and I agree, it's a valid point. Unfortunately, there are a lot of players that wouldn't show the same consideration that you or I would at the outset of the battle. Like I mentioned in the OP, many would just get their drop and flee with no warning. Also, I would guess that you are in the minority regarding solo farming. The number of dungeons with multiple "bosses" is minimal in comparison with other single boss dungeons. This method would be an inconvenience for some but the game is designed to be played using teamwork. The other option would be to break the gauntlets up into separate modules, each containing a boss with major drops, but this is unlikely to happen.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
seethe42 on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:
Do you have an alternative solution then?

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
While its wrong to abandon your team; let's help players remaining in the battle and dungeon successfully finish them.

Here's four simple fixes:

1. Allow new players to join the battle or dungeon after a set period of time.
Simply allow new individuals to join the dungeon after 5, 10, or 15 minutes has passed.

2. Allow players in the dungeon to invite other players to port to their location. You have friends and family that want to help; so let them.
3. Allow the dungeon or battle to auto generate henchmen to replace lost companions who abandon your team; without having to spend crowns. This only applies with teams that have been abandoned by other players.

4. Reward the player who abandons a team only with a pop-up screen message in their next battle and dungeon that says: "For abandoning your team in the past; your only reward is this pop-up screen message. "Thank you, and have a nice day!"

Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
Tylerwildpants on Sep 27, 2015 wrote:
While its wrong to abandon your team; let's help players remaining in the battle and dungeon successfully finish them.

Simply allow new individuals to join the dungeon after 5, 10, or 15 minutes has passed.

2. Allow players in the dungeon to invite other players to port to their location. You have friends and family that want to help; so let them.
3. Allow the dungeon or battle to auto generate henchmen to replace lost companions who abandon your team; without having to spend crowns. This only applies with teams that have been abandoned by other players.

4. Reward the player who abandons a team only with a pop-up screen message in their next battle and dungeon that says: "For abandoning your team in the past; your only reward is this pop-up screen message. "Thank you, and have a nice day!"
While this may seem like a good idea, people aren't stupid and will abuse of the system by having a friend come into the circle, leave, and reenter cutting into KI's profit they make on henchmen, also consider when a friend dies, flees, potions and teleports back. What then?

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
OhimeKowai on Sep 28, 2015 wrote:
While this may seem like a good idea, people aren't stupid and will abuse of the system by having a friend come into the circle, leave, and reenter cutting into KI's profit they make on henchmen, also consider when a friend dies, flees, potions and teleports back. What then?
Ah, but you forget the sarcasm loophole OhimKowai that...

...magically transforms these folks into P101 level one pirate bunnies that eat delicious W101 Peeps.

...stuck in a forever battle or dungeon loop where every henchmen they buy or teammate that joins them, only heals, blades and protects the enemy.

...and when they attempt to teleport back into battles and dungeons to abuse the system or cut into KI's profits they make on henchman; they only continue to be teleported in one of OhimeKowai's houses.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
TYLERWILDPANTS- "4. Reward the player who abandons a team only with a pop-up screen message in their next battle and dungeon that says: "For abandoning your team in the past; your only reward is this pop-up screen message. "Thank you, and have a nice day!"

HAHAHA!!! Priceless!

Survivor
Jun 15, 2015
Tylerwildpants on Sep 27, 2015 wrote:

N.4 is amazing.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2015
OhimeKowai on Sep 28, 2015 wrote:
I'd rather have another wizard then some dumb henchmen that doesn't know what it's doing. They're a waste of crowns.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
ChrisIceChrisFire on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
N.4 is amazing.
Thanks ChrisIceChrisFire :)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Valcoor Dragonfind... on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:
The thing you need to remember is that things like "Common Courtesy", "Common Decency" and "Common Sense" aren't very common.

Saving the drops until the last battle is a GREAT idea. That's why most people will be against it.

This is the "ME" generation. That's what happens when everything is handed to kids these days. They don't care about other people, only themselves.
i agree~ too often has this happened to me because people can't be bothered to finish what they start (which, when i was a kid, was unacceptable).

i was raised to keep my promises, respect my peers, and treat others as i wanted to be treated. but that seems to be completely lost on people these days~ if they don't get exactly what they want, exactly when they want it, they quit.

i agree that the op is a wonderful idea; it encourages teamwork and sticking together, rather than the every-man-for-himself mentality so common in pvp that is destroying the pve community's foundation.

-von