Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

11% pierce glitch

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 10, 2014
hi everyone i noticed this weird glitch that happens with my armor piercing. on my stat page it says i have 11 ice armor piercing but when i pierce through shields it only takes away 10 of the shield even though i have 11 pierce. i desided to do some investigating and went to ravenscar to battle the fire ravens that use minus 80% shields. i took off all my gear but not my hat that gives 2 pierce and went to battle and cast blizzard on the ice shield it said that it was minus 78%damage like it should. then i took off everything but my amulet that gives 2% armor piercing and cast a blizzard into an ice shield it said -78% ice damage so then i took everything off but my boots that give 3 pierce and the shield said minus 77%damage so then i took everything off but my wand that gives 4% ice pierce and i cast again it said -76 ice damage so i knew that all the piercing amounts on my gear where accurate but when i equip my boots +3 pierce my hat +2 pierce my amulet +2 pierce my wand +4 ice pierce and cast a ice spell into a -80% shield it says -70% not -69%. does anyone know what is happening?
fred waterflame lvl 100 ice wizard

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Fred Frost on Sep 20, 2015 wrote:
hi everyone i noticed this weird glitch that happens with my armor piercing. on my stat page it says i have 11 ice armor piercing but when i pierce through shields it only takes away 10 of the shield even though i have 11 pierce. i desided to do some investigating and went to ravenscar to battle the fire ravens that use minus 80% shields. i took off all my gear but not my hat that gives 2 pierce and went to battle and cast blizzard on the ice shield it said that it was minus 78%damage like it should. then i took off everything but my amulet that gives 2% armor piercing and cast a blizzard into an ice shield it said -78% ice damage so then i took everything off but my boots that give 3 pierce and the shield said minus 77%damage so then i took everything off but my wand that gives 4% ice pierce and i cast again it said -76 ice damage so i knew that all the piercing amounts on my gear where accurate but when i equip my boots +3 pierce my hat +2 pierce my amulet +2 pierce my wand +4 ice pierce and cast a ice spell into a -80% shield it says -70% not -69%. does anyone know what is happening?
fred waterflame lvl 100 ice wizard
something interesting i learned today~ if your pet has a pierce talent, it may display incorrect stats (for example, depending on the stat number, a pet with 3 pierce might actually have 2.9 and show in your stats as 3 even though it is only 2).

if you can give me a full list of the gear and what it's called, i will gladly do some detective work and see if i can find out more.

-von
exalted

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Dr Von on Sep 26, 2015 wrote:
something interesting i learned today~ if your pet has a pierce talent, it may display incorrect stats (for example, depending on the stat number, a pet with 3 pierce might actually have 2.9 and show in your stats as 3 even though it is only 2).

if you can give me a full list of the gear and what it's called, i will gladly do some detective work and see if i can find out more.

-von
exalted
Any stat boosted by a pet talent may be fractional, so display rounding errors are common.

Pet talents DO NOT round to whole numbers. Pet talents displays do, which is an ongoing source of confusion.