Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The School of Alchemy (Lore)!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
I've come up with a new school that adds a lot of new playing styles.

The School of Lore teaches wizards how to be crafty and creative. Lore Wizards, or Alchemists, while lacking in the magical power of other Schools, will be taught how to train their minds and fill them with knowledge. They rely on their wits and resourcefulness to create powerful potions to take the place of your average spell. While Alchemists do have some regular spells, they rely more heavily on potions. Potions come in two forms: potions and poisons. Potions are handy tools Alchemists use that have a wide range of abilities to aid them, while poisons (unlike the Dealth spell) are evil potions that can harm the enemy. Potions do a base, set damage and potions are their own class of spell (where most spells have a fist symbol, there's is a vile or potion glass). Since they have their own classification, they are not effected by absorbs or tower shields!

Alchemists would most likely have brown cards or maybe a light green. Since Alchemy isn't actual magic, but instead created, it doesn't necessarily fit into the magic pyramid. It is a base school, and has a teacher like every other school. Their spells that aren't potions are based on labs and experiments

Some examples:
Level 1- Lab Rat (I won't do damages but their accuracy is 80% so damage would fit somewhere around balance or myth)
Level 2- Healing Potion- Heal 50 Health
Level 5- Simple Poison- Deal 180 damage (set damage, potions have higher accuracy, 85% or 90%)
Level 7- Strength Potion- +30% to Lore Spells, +40% to Potions (would be potions, but same thing. will look like a blade)
Level 8- Fog Posion- -45% accuracy
Level 10- Jar Creature
Level 12- Potion of Protection- -35% to next attack
Level 15- Poison of Fists- 350 (basically lab-made magic fists)
Level 16- Ensnaring Potion- +20% to next Lore spell, +30% to next Potion (trap basically. will look like a trap)
Level 18- Potion of Clear Sight- +10% accuracy
Level 22- Unstable Potion of Power- +25% Global spell to Posions and Lore spells
Level 26- Viper's Tongue Posion- Deal 550
Level 28- Epidemic- -25% to attack one enemies (not a potion)
Level 33- Poison of Contagion- Deal 400 to all
Level 38- Bottled Expirament- Summons Potion Minion
Level 42- Viral Giant (huge virus monster)
Level 48- Outbreak (attacks all)
Level 58- Bio-Hazard (like a mutant thing)
Level 68- Flame-Touched Potion Does 120+680 over three rounds
Level 70- Rejuvenating Potion- Heal 600
Level 72- Luck Potion- +100 critical rating (if that's even how it works
Level 75- Invisibility Potion hide from enemies for 4 rounds (maybe 3). They can't attack you but if you attack it goes away. You can still, heal trap and blade.
Level 80- Lore Spear- +8% to Lore spells and +10% to poisons
Level 88- Plagued Raptors (attacks all)
Level 100- Poison of Unrelenting Shadows

Let me know if you think it's a good concept

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
We can't have new base school because if we did KI would have to re-write the whole game with changing old mobs' school making new gear for EVERY level, making new spells and changing the games back story with the Titans and all that. A new base school would be something nice to imagine but it just wouldn't work.

Explorer
Oct 14, 2008
bluebugs10 on Sep 6, 2015 wrote:

The School of Lore teaches wizards how to be crafty and creative. Lore Wizards, or Alchemists, while lacking in the magical power of other Schools, will be taught how to train their minds and fill them with knowledge. They rely on their wits and resourcefulness to create powerful potions to take the place of your average spell. While Alchemists do have some regular spells, they rely more heavily on potions. Potions come in two forms: potions and poisons. Potions are handy tools Alchemists use that have a wide range of abilities to aid them, while poisons (unlike the Dealth spell) are evil potions that can harm the enemy. Potions do a base, set damage and potions are their own class of spell (where most spells have a fist symbol, there's is a vile or potion glass). Since they have their own classification, they are not effected by absorbs or tower shields!

Alchemists would most likely have brown cards or maybe a light green. Since Alchemy isn't actual magic, but instead created, it doesn't necessarily fit into the magic pyramid. It is a base school, and has a teacher like every other school. Their spells that aren't potions are based on labs and experiments

Some examples:
Level 1- Lab Rat (I won't do damages but their accuracy is 80% so damage would fit somewhere around balance or myth)
Level 5- Simple Poison- Deal 180 damage (set damage, potions have higher accuracy, 85% or 90%)
Level 7- Strength Potion- +30% to Lore Spells, +40% to Potions (would be potions, but same thing. will look like a blade)
Level 10- Jar Creature
Level 16- Ensnaring Potion- +20% to next Lore spell, +30% to next Potion (trap basically. will look like a trap)
Level 22- Unstable Potion of Power- +25% Global spell to Posions and Lore spells
Level 75- Invisibility Potion hide from enemies for 4 rounds (maybe 3). They can't attack you but if you attack it goes away. You can still, heal trap and blade.

I agree it would be fun to have an alchemy side hobby like fishing and gardening :) i support this idea

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
I think another school is unfair for people who already have picked one.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012

Some examples:
Level 10- Jar Creature

It could be argued that we actually DO have alchemy in the game, by way of Transmutations. Im not trying to poo-poo your idea, just looking at the game from another point of view

Survivor
Sep 05, 2015

Some examples:
Level 10- Jar Creature

In my opinion this is actually an good idea, we've been using the same schools over and over now and it would be nice to try something new

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
My idea came from the thought that Ravenwood is a school, technically, and a major part of being a "wizard", at least in literature and movies, is making potions. So I figured, why wouldn't there be a school who focused on making potions? I thought it would be an interesting twist on the all the identical magic between the other seven schools. Alchemists wouldn't have wands- they would have miles that they pour ingredients into. Animations for their spells would be the wizard entering the middle of the dueling circle and then the potion would somehow splash or attack the enemy. It would be a nice change of pace.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2009
I actually love this idea and, if you wanted to ague that too much would have to be changes, KI could simple add this to the 3rd arc, OR simply have a big update that somehow ties this into the game, but not I'm a way that tarnishes previous work.