Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-28-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Happy Friday, Wizards! Let's enjoy one more August weekend in the heat of the sun, shall we? First, though, it's time for feedback...

Today, let's chat about where you begin and end your days. What's the last spot you visit before you log out and leave the Spiral? Do you always make sure to go to your Castle before exiting or a certain area of the world? Do you always end up in the same place? Or, do you just simply quit wherever you are currently adventuring?

Have a wonderful day!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jul 26, 2014
I don't leave at any specific place, just wherever I happened to be. Whether it be on the street or in the commons.

Community Leader
Oh this is an easy one! My gardens! Just in case I forgot to tend to their needs today. That reminds me... I think I forgot to tend to them today! Gotta run!

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
Gardens for sure! Best place to change into jammies and check them over once more before logging out

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
The last thing I do, providing I have enough energy is tend gardens. Then, I unequip all houses, go to my Dorm Room and change into Energy Gear.

If they all had beds, I could say I was changing into my PJs and going to sleep. Maybe I'll do that, put beds in all the Dorms (some are decorated, some aren't) and think of it as putting my characters to bed a la Goodnight Moon!

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
I login to each wizard and tend the garden. I bank my harvested reagents. I tapestry to bazaar to sell any harvested TC and to check for the ever elusive rank 4 garden spells Flood and Flute Symphony. I then use remaining energy to train pets via a quick jog to the commons.

Rinse and repeat for each wizard, the last one being the one I intend to farm or quest with for that session. This entire process usually takes up the first half hour to hour of my game time.

Then I farm, quest, or dungeon until done. Help friends along the way, etc...

Then its a switch back to my energy gear set, a final training of pets with remaining energy, and a log out in the Pet Pavilion.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2012
That’s easy. First thing to do always is tend to the plants. Then go sell tc and see if can score anything good from the bazaar. At the end of the day, I tend to park my Wizards where they will be needed.. All my wizards are done so I tend to park them at the Pet Pavilion. But the very last thing to do is check plants one last time. As far as realms, well most time my Wizards spawn same as where it left. But if I park my Wizard in the bazaar or inside the hatchery ,the changes are greater that I will end up in another realm.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Bazaar, pet pavilion, or baobab crossroads, so I'm set to do whatever I am tasking that wiz for on any given morning.

I hate "waking up" somewhere inconvenient or not remembering how I got there. In my fight clothes, no less. Makes me wonder if the server had a hiccup.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I never log out from a caste with an active garden. Other than that it's wherever I end up, which is often the bazaar or pet pavilion, but could be almost anywhere.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2015
Up until now I have never really thought about it. I guess I always either park my wizard by the bazaar or I port to the start area of whatever world I happen to be in. I would like to be able to leave him at my house but whenever I do I get ported out when I log back on.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2013
I begin by taking care of my plants. I usually end at the Team Up booth after running many wooden key runs.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Oh, you know, wherever. More or less. Of course I would want to get to where monsters don't walk. I may want to get in a battle next time I'm in, but I would want to be able to change my mind.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Professor Falmea on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
Happy Friday, Wizards! Let's enjoy one more August weekend in the heat of the sun, shall we? First, though, it's time for feedback...

Today, let's chat about where you begin and end your days. What's the last spot you visit before you log out and leave the Spiral? Do you always make sure to go to your Castle before exiting or a certain area of the world? Do you always end up in the same place? Or, do you just simply quit wherever you are currently adventuring?

Have a wonderful day!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
von usually logs out wherever she happens to be, regardless of where that is. or maybe the bazaar.

-von

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
when I log on I tend to my wizards gardens sometimes I get distracted and forget to tend a garden. As for where I leave my wizards I often leave them in their homes but they don't start there when I log on again and sometimes I wish they would be in their home so I would be reminded to tend the gardens first thing. Sometimes when I log in and have forget what I was last doing with a wizard then it puzzles me as to why the wizard was left in that world or area.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
Something I would like to see added to the game is a way to choose if a wizard stays in the wizard's home when a wizard is said to be home upon log on or if the wizard would like to be in the place the wizard last was before going home. In the wizard selection screen it says on the top wizard in home but then when the wizard enters the game the wizard is in the world that was last visited before the wizard went home.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Always go to the Bazaar, that way i can check for reagents, sell items, buy cards, whatever in preparation for the new adventures or projects

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
I thought of something that I think would be cool for the game makers to add. I was thinking about how it would be nice if I could buy a pet gauntlet in which the wizard takes a pet that the wizard wants to level all the way up and does the gauntlet. When the wizard and pet completes the gauntlet the pet would be leveled all the way up.With this idea a player could have a mega or ultra level pet by completing one story thing instead of spending hours playing the same pet games over and over again. With this idea a player would spend crowns to buy the pet gantlet and it would not matter how much energy the wizard had because it would be dependent on completing the pet gauntlet. Also if a player was not able to finish the gauntlet the pet would just be leveled up to as much of it as had been completed.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
PaigeGoldenspear on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
The last thing I do, providing I have enough energy is tend gardens. Then, I unequip all houses, go to my Dorm Room and change into Energy Gear.

If they all had beds, I could say I was changing into my PJs and going to sleep. Maybe I'll do that, put beds in all the Dorms (some are decorated, some aren't) and think of it as putting my characters to bed a la Goodnight Moon!
Just a helpful hint; if you're already at one of your houses, hitting the home button again will take you to the dorm without unequipping your houses. Just a little something I found out as a result of my quick trigger finger hitting the mouse button before I get to the right icon.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I go through cycles depending on what's happening irl.

If I'm just on for gardens and pets an hour a day - I do gardens/pets and equip the house for the next days gardening (so I automatically go to the right house.) And I park my character in the pet pavilion if they are to train with their energy. Or I park in front of a mole if they are to pop home and garden.

If I'm really playing/questing, I do gardens or pets first (using the dropped portal or port home buttons) then I do my questing (in case I level up and get an energy refill. And I leave my characters where they are needing to go next for the quest.

I wish we had the ability to drop 3 portals or drop 2 and have a dedicated Favorite Fishing Hole button.

P.S. Thanks SO much for the double rewards this week - it's my first one as a member at the right time - and it's AWESOME :D

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
heather amboo on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
I thought of something that I think would be cool for the game makers to add. I was thinking about how it would be nice if I could buy a pet gauntlet in which the wizard takes a pet that the wizard wants to level all the way up and does the gauntlet. When the wizard and pet completes the gauntlet the pet would be leveled all the way up.With this idea a player could have a mega or ultra level pet by completing one story thing instead of spending hours playing the same pet games over and over again. With this idea a player would spend crowns to buy the pet gantlet and it would not matter how much energy the wizard had because it would be dependent on completing the pet gauntlet. Also if a player was not able to finish the gauntlet the pet would just be leveled up to as much of it as had been completed.
While not on topic - this is a BRILLIANT idea

Whether we spend our crowns on a gauntlet or energy elixirs & mega snacks its crowns either way.

The number crunchers would have their work cut out for them though.
  • eliminating crown item drops in substitution for pet training rewards would go a way toward balancing the crowns spent on a gauntlet vs. average crowns spent by the average player to train a pet to Mega or Ultra. The question being how many crowns are most crown players able to pay at once and how many crowns would make the bottom line for KI be the same or better, while giving us a fun way to train that takes way less time?
  • It might be more manageable if it were broken up into levels. One cost and difficulty for each stage - Teen, Adult, Ancient, Mega & Ultra. I probably wouldn't bother till I got to Mega & Ultra but I'd definitely spend crowns if I had them to do those two levels.
  • People might balk at "losing" their investment in the mega snack seeds and garden houses if they bought them mostly for mega snacks. So maybe there could be a way and reason to feed our snacks to the pet. I wouldn't care at all. The whole reason I bought that stuff was to make training faster & easier. If KI wants to give me an even better way - I'd say thanks and be done with it.

Administrator
Wizards, thank you for the insight into your daily rituals, this is great!

It's Friday, so a new topic shall be posted shortly...

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
May 17, 2012
I always visit my dorm room, put items in shared bank and then the bazaar to replenish backpacks with pet food, and then log out.