Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP has never been worse, things need changing...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
I have never been so close to quitting, I decided to rank up my magus fire again and I have done 30 matches. I have won 27 and lost 3, the three losses are from being second to 50's with full Glen gear. How should it even be possible to face that on a Magus? How can I beat someone with over 2k health 55 resist and Crit form second on a 30? The matchmaking system just makes no sense. Puppets have been a problem for years yet its a simple fix, just don't allow people to make a team together unless they're within 10 levels of each other? Here are some ideas to help improve PvP, Hope someone listens.

Matchmaking

Add a bracket system,(1-49)(50-79)(80-100) you can only face people in the same bracket. your opponent will also be based on rank and lvl so if I am lvl 30 with rank 1.2k I can only face others with a similar rank and lvl so I wouldn't be getting matched with the same lvls but low ranks. They could make it even better and make the brackets (1-9) (10-19) ect. And still being you can only face people of the same rank. Also TC over the lvl of the bracket you're in wouldn't be allowed. This would remove the possibility of facing 50's on high ranked 30's and facing 100's on high ranked 50's and above. It would really show who is best at each lvl.I know many wont like or agree with this idea. But I think it would completely fix matchmaking.

ShadowEnhanced spells

shouldn't even ask this it just removes ANY need for skill in exalted PvP. 3k damage for 5 pips an easy to gain shadow pip and 1 blade? Are you kidding? could be dominating someone all match then they get a shadow pip a lucky critical and they win. Make it no PvP

Old Reshuffle

Never needed to be changed. In the current fast paced meta there is no need for it to be x1. As a slow player I'm sick of worrying about running out of reshuffles and having to fill my side deck with them. Would also re open old strategies.

Critical & Armor Pierce
Crit has become a joke, people just rely on it to win now it is another thing that removes the need of skill.Gear and wands give a silly amount of Crit it's just ruining PvP, gear should give more block than critical, but no the Mali robe doesn't even give any! They either need to disable it for PvP or change the way it works so you pretty much block every time. Or give gear more block and less Crit. Also make pets with critical no PvP for any level.

Pierce.This was fine till DM, then they bring Jewels that give 6 pierce out what are they trying to do to this game. They need to make pierce gems no PvP and lower the pierce gear and wands give. The average pierce is 30/40 it's a joke. They either need to lower the pierce gear gives or make a max amount you can have to join a match and if they lower pierce or make a max limit they can just make a max amount of resist allowed to join matches, around 60%.

It really upsets me to see what PvP has become in a game I love so much. I hope KI make a change to PvP. Everyone Please let me know what you think.

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Although I don't PvP, you have good suggestions that make it more fair. I would also like to add something done about first turn advantage, it can mean the difference between win or loss if your opponent gets to go first and can react to every move you did the previous turn. I don't Pvp because of how unfair it can be. Also, there should be "TC" free matches. When I used to Pvp, I never spent gold on Tc because some are expensive, and not worth it for one usage. People who want to play fair, using their "raw" strength (like my friend says) should be up against people like them. For the first time in months, my friend challenged me to a Pvp, which I knew at first that she was going to win. I have no experience with Pvp, no clue how to set a deck, no Pvp spells like "Weaver" or weakness, I didn't use any tc. My friend went first, she used tc, and she won thanks to first turn advantage, and my horrible deck. For those people who are new to Pvp, they have to learn fast, or they'll be defeated. If only that can be changed... Pvp just isn't for me.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Sadly these subjects have been brought up time, and again, and nothing is ever done. KI has turned a deaf ear to the problems that plague pvp. I have said this many times before, but they need to do a complete overhaul of pvp from top to bottom, and finally put these issues to rest. Paying customers do not like to be ignored, or they will leave for other pursuits. I just don't understand why they continue to ignore legitimate problems, when fixing them would be in their own best interests.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Tyler Lotusblood on Aug 27, 2015 wrote:
I have never been so close to quitting, I decided to rank up my magus fire again and I have done 30 matches. I have won 27 and lost 3, the three losses are from being second to 50's with full Glen gear. How should it even be possible to face that on a Magus? How can I beat someone with over 2k health 55 resist and Crit form second on a 30? The matchmaking system just makes no sense. Puppets have been a problem for years yet its a simple fix, just don't allow people to make a team together unless they're within 10 levels of each other? Here are some ideas to help improve PvP, Hope someone listens.

Matchmaking

Add a bracket system,(1-49)(50-79)(80-100) you can only face people in the same bracket. your opponent will also be based on rank and lvl so if I am lvl 30 with rank 1.2k I can only face others with a similar rank and lvl so I wouldn't be getting matched with the same lvls but low ranks. They could make it even better and make the brackets (1-9) (10-19) ect. And still being you can only face people of the same rank. Also TC over the lvl of the bracket you're in wouldn't be allowed. This would remove the possibility of facing 50's on high ranked 30's and facing 100's on high ranked 50's and above. It would really show who is best at each lvl.I know many wont like or agree with this idea. But I think it would completely fix matchmaking.

ShadowEnhanced spells

shouldn't even ask this it just removes ANY need for skill in exalted PvP. 3k damage for 5 pips an easy to gain shadow pip and 1 blade? Are you kidding? could be dominating someone all match then they get a shadow pip a lucky critical and they win. Make it no PvP

Old Reshuffle

Never needed to be changed. In the current fast paced meta there is no need for it to be x1. As a slow player I'm sick of worrying about running out of reshuffles and having to fill my side deck with them. Would also re open old strategies.

Critical & Armor Pierce
Crit has become a joke, people just rely on it to win now it is another thing that removes the need of skill.Gear and wands give a silly amount of Crit it's just ruining PvP, gear should give more block than critical, but no the Mali robe doesn't even give any! They either need to disable it for PvP or change the way it works so you pretty much block every time. Or give gear more block and less Crit. Also make pets with critical no PvP for any level.

Pierce.This was fine till DM, then they bring Jewels that give 6 pierce out what are they trying to do to this game. They need to make pierce gems no PvP and lower the pierce gear and wands give. The average pierce is 30/40 it's a joke. They either need to lower the pierce gear gives or make a max amount you can have to join a match and if they lower pierce or make a max limit they can just make a max amount of resist allowed to join matches, around 60%.

It really upsets me to see what PvP has become in a game I love so much. I hope KI make a change to PvP. Everyone Please let me know what you think.
Matchmaking
The matchmaking system, I believe, will never see a fix until a long time. A Magus facing a Grandmaster actually isn't a bad matchup. Magus wizards have the resist given to them as well as Conviction (using Vehement Vanquisher helps as well) to help with block rating. Playing a more defensive and survival style strategy is workable at around rank 2000, just not at the moment where many Overlord Grandmasters are still sitting in the lower ranks.
Shadow Enhanced Spells
Ever since these spells came out people have been complaining about them, and nobody seems to want them in PvP, including myself. Sadly, KingsIsle seems to not have taken any action and hasn't announced any action to be taken about these spells, although the damage Shadow Enhanced Spells have caused with further grow as PvP progresses.
Old Reshuffle
The Reshuffle limit is the entire reason non-Balance wizards are able to hold out against Bad Juju spamming Jades. Sadly, because of that, the old Reshuffle will never return, including hundreds of strategies that used to make PvP fun.
Critical
Critical and block seems to be more balanced than it was before the critical-block ratio fix, but I still must agree that critical is insanely high right now. Many people are forced into using the Terror Pack Wand because the Darkmoor wand alone doesn't give enough block rating, resulting in a massive pierce drop and excluding many non-crown players from the higher ranks of PvP. Removing critical wouldn't be a good solution because many schools still do rely on criticals for their heals, which could be fixed by simply raising heal boost, something that has been held off for years.
Pierce
Exalted PvP right now is a 33-52% armor pierce nightmare; the lowest that resist has ever been dropped to. My solution to this was adding a stat in future gear (never Jade gear) that negates incoming armor pierce, while the gear still gives normal amounts of resist.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2010
PvP King on Aug 27, 2015 wrote:
Matchmaking
The matchmaking system, I believe, will never see a fix until a long time. A Magus facing a Grandmaster actually isn't a bad matchup. Magus wizards have the resist given to them as well as Conviction (using Vehement Vanquisher helps as well) to help with block rating. Playing a more defensive and survival style strategy is workable at around rank 2000, just not at the moment where many Overlord Grandmasters are still sitting in the lower ranks.
Shadow Enhanced Spells
Ever since these spells came out people have been complaining about them, and nobody seems to want them in PvP, including myself. Sadly, KingsIsle seems to not have taken any action and hasn't announced any action to be taken about these spells, although the damage Shadow Enhanced Spells have caused with further grow as PvP progresses.
Old Reshuffle
The Reshuffle limit is the entire reason non-Balance wizards are able to hold out against Bad Juju spamming Jades. Sadly, because of that, the old Reshuffle will never return, including hundreds of strategies that used to make PvP fun.
Critical
Critical and block seems to be more balanced than it was before the critical-block ratio fix, but I still must agree that critical is insanely high right now. Many people are forced into using the Terror Pack Wand because the Darkmoor wand alone doesn't give enough block rating, resulting in a massive pierce drop and excluding many non-crown players from the higher ranks of PvP. Removing critical wouldn't be a good solution because many schools still do rely on criticals for their heals, which could be fixed by simply raising heal boost, something that has been held off for years.
Pierce
Exalted PvP right now is a 33-52% armor pierce nightmare; the lowest that resist has ever been dropped to. My solution to this was adding a stat in future gear (never Jade gear) that negates incoming armor pierce, while the gear still gives normal amounts of resist.
Maybe they could bring it back one day if they ever added a resist limit to PvP, doubt that will ever happen though. PvP has never been the same since it changed

Survivor
Oct 31, 2010
Intrepidatius on Aug 27, 2015 wrote:
Sadly these subjects have been brought up time, and again, and nothing is ever done. KI has turned a deaf ear to the problems that plague pvp. I have said this many times before, but they need to do a complete overhaul of pvp from top to bottom, and finally put these issues to rest. Paying customers do not like to be ignored, or they will leave for other pursuits. I just don't understand why they continue to ignore legitimate problems, when fixing them would be in their own best interests.
It looks like they'll never do anything, they had the perfect opportunity with the rank reset too.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2010

Matchmaking

ShadowEnhanced spells

Old Reshuffle

Critical & Armor Pierce

I'd love to see some of these added to the game. I'd like gear to give enough block to allow us to use mastery amulets at Exalted again. And with a resist cap for ranked they could bring back the old reshuffle and many old great strategies with the Balance mastery amulet.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Matchmaking
Shadow Enhanced Spells
Old Reshuffle
Critical
Pierce
I still use jade (haven't gave up on jade) I am ice wizard and still able beat others wizard with shadow shrike (with high resist to mine self)

I know all resist to how much resist that you need immune armor pierce!

(would say that jade gear never jade gear) others "level" jade gear (level increase) would still be the same but increase more & more

I fine have armor pierce in game (Now how beat armor pierce with immunity) :P steal dozen of them most easy one to be with immunity is ice because weaker at attacking but trouble with be immunity to ice (use steal ward) use ice shield (likely train for myth )

not hard to others school with immunity (done it when vs life wizard) use too no damage with jade gear (beat her over 17k no damage (all she did spamming shadow shrike/spinysaur/healing) her damage was enough kill with shadow shrike but did allot overtime (lucky on critical heal)

beside don't about terror's hoard pack wand (now jade gear able get damage) but damage still be low (use extra jewel damage for more damage on jade gear clued for jewel pets) allot wizard I know getting rid of malistaire wand like terror's hoard wand best more then malistaire (good powerful shift spell cost 10 pips) doesn't need be 10 pips to cast it because it ward with "MC" I am enjoyed wand are "MC"

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Matchmaking
Shadow Enhanced Spells
Old Reshuffle
Critical
Pierce
I'd be happy with them just giving gear a little more block and it would be great to see heal boost added to Malistaire gear. It would also be great to have an updated version of the Cosmic and Stellar with more heal boost and block added

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Matchmaking
Shadow Enhanced Spells
Old Reshuffle
Critical
Pierce
use reshuffle from wizard city library treasure card reshuffle (max out on those) they do NOT have +1

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I'd be happy with them just giving gear a little more block and it would be great to see heal boost added to Malistaire gear. It would also be great to have an updated version of the Cosmic and Stellar with more heal boost and block added
Yes, gear giving more block rating would be a blessing from KI. The only problem with having an upgraded version of Cosmic Kris and Stellar signet is that Juju Jades will be able to use these, and at the moment a Juju Jade is sacrificing large amounts of block rating for heal boost. In turn, a Juju Jade will have to decide between block rating or heal boost, but an upgraded version of Cosmic/Stellar will benefit them both ways. Something that could be done however is receiving more clothing gear options in general (a better hat, robe, and shoe variety), for example gear that gives less damage boost and critical but more armor pierce and heal boost.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
JustinFrostHunter on Aug 27, 2015 wrote:
use reshuffle from wizard city library treasure card reshuffle (max out on those) they do NOT have +1
I do use those, however the old Reshuffle was the staple to all control strategies, which don't work anymore.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Tyler Dream on Aug 27, 2015 wrote:
Maybe they could bring it back one day if they ever added a resist limit to PvP, doubt that will ever happen though. PvP has never been the same since it changed
If you mean the old Reshuffle, then resist isn't the issue why it can't return. The fact that Bad Juju can be cloaked is the one single reason why Bad Juju spamming Jades used to be effective in PvP, and could make a comeback in a slight meta shift. Even if resist were to remain the same and KI made Bad Juju not cloakable, Bad Juju spamming Jades wouldn't be an issue.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2010
PvP King on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
If you mean the old Reshuffle, then resist isn't the issue why it can't return. The fact that Bad Juju can be cloaked is the one single reason why Bad Juju spamming Jades used to be effective in PvP, and could make a comeback in a slight meta shift. Even if resist were to remain the same and KI made Bad Juju not cloakable, Bad Juju spamming Jades wouldn't be an issue.
It would be pretty great to see them make it not cloakable or even no PvP if it meant we could get the old Reshuffle back, I could live with the poor matcmaking, Shadow Enhanced spells and over the top stats if we could get that back

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
PvP King on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
Yes, gear giving more block rating would be a blessing from KI. The only problem with having an upgraded version of Cosmic Kris and Stellar signet is that Juju Jades will be able to use these, and at the moment a Juju Jade is sacrificing large amounts of block rating for heal boost. In turn, a Juju Jade will have to decide between block rating or heal boost, but an upgraded version of Cosmic/Stellar will benefit them both ways. Something that could be done however is receiving more clothing gear options in general (a better hat, robe, and shoe variety), for example gear that gives less damage boost and critical but more armor pierce and heal boost.
I'm hoping with the next update they give us gear more similar to the waterworks gear with less pierce and damage than the Malistaire gear but far more block, enough to make everyone start to use it over Malistaire gear. I'd like to be able to use Mastery amulets once again. Personally I extremely dislike the fast meta and would love it see it go back to a Waterworks esque one.

Survivor
May 25, 2009

Matchmaking

ShadowEnhanced spells

Old Reshuffle

Critical & Armor Pierce

I agree with you completely except for the critical pets. People worked hard for those. (Even though I don't have them.) The critical pets is why you should pack conviction so no surprises happen at levels below 50. To fix the critical problem however, just make the max critical (100%) at 1000 flat crit that way the top critical people have only around 60% critical. Then for max block make that 500 flat block and that makes it more fair. People can still get a fair share of criticals and blocks off necessary.