Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Most popular school of magic

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
Hi guys, I started playing W101 not to long ago and now I want to know something. In the beginning of the game, we have to chose between 7 magic schools to be our primary school.
So what I wanted to know is, what school is the most popular? Comment what kind of wizard you are and when I get enough data, I'll post it!

Sincerely,
Alexandria Dreamcatcher,

Survivor
Aug 21, 2015
Storm Flower on Aug 22, 2015 wrote:
Hi guys, I started playing W101 not to long ago and now I want to know something. In the beginning of the game, we have to chose between 7 magic schools to be our primary school.
So what I wanted to know is, what school is the most popular? Comment what kind of wizard you are and when I get enough data, I'll post it!

Sincerely,
Alexandria Dreamcatcher,
Well, I started playing in 2009 but haven't played since January 2015 till now (felt like I needed a fresh start) so I can't observe based on the past 8 months. However, I've seen many fire and death wizards in the years I've played. On the contrary, I see almost no myth except for my own.

Side:
9 apprentice

Main:
100 exalted
100 exalted
100 exalted
72 transcendent
32 magus

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
Well, I have many wizards, but my main is Storm. My secondary is Life though. Hope your poll goes well!!! :)

Cheyenne StormHunter
Promethean Diviner
Level 95 Storm

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
I have three wizards: life, fire, and ice.
And for most popular, I mostly see fire and death wizards.

Explorer
Nov 02, 2011
Delver
Aug 31, 2012
I mostly see storm wizards everywhere. Ice is also popular as well as fire. I used to see a lot of death, but not so much these days. Life is uncommon, and balance and myth wizards are rare to come across.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2015
I myself have a myth wizard and ice wizard. Fire, death, ice and storm are all pretty popular, myth by far has less players.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
Balance is mine- But it's not that popular. I've noticed that there aren't many balance and myth wizards.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
There's no real way to determine the most popular since it really depends on when you play, in what realm, etc., as to who you see. It would be interesting to have KI answer and let us know though.

My highest levels are Life and Storm but I have wizards in each school but Myth (only because I don't want/need a second account anymore). Myth was my first wizard and is fun, but challenging at high levels. I have seen lots of Myth wizards, including a bunch of level 100 folks... it's like I said, it depends on when/where you play as to who you see.
My guess on most popular:
Storm
Ice
Fire
Death
Life
Myth
Balance

I don't see many Balance wizards, but that could just be my experience.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Admins did a post on this before, and according to them, fire wizards are the most plentiful in the spiral.

Administrator
Hello,

You are correct. We answered this in the 50 million player infographic. The top three schools are Fire, Death and Ice.

http://kingsisleblog.com/2014/11/25/celebrating-over-50-million-players/

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
Hello everyone, I know it took a long time for me to reply, but I have finally gathered enough information to make a good estimate. Here it is:

Fire: 20%
Death: 16.4%
Ice: 16%
Storm: 14.4%
Balance: 13.2%
Life: 12.3%
Myth: 7.6%

I have also (just for fun) gathered info from the 3rd Age PvP Top 100 Leaderboard, and to be honest, that information was really different from what you saw above:

Ice: 43%
Balance: 19%
Myth: 13%
Life: 12%
Death: 4%
Fire&Storm: 3% each

"What!? Fire is last!?" you might think, but this totally makes sense. Ice has the highest base health and weakest spells, while in PvP their stronger teammates like Fires and Storms are targeted more often because they are more benefital and easier to eliminate.

Hope you liked my little report, stay tuned for more polls!

Alexandria Dreamcatcher,

Hero
May 07, 2015
captain jarlaxle on Aug 23, 2015 wrote:
I have a fire wizard
me too :)