Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make skeleton key boss spells craftable...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Kingsisle, can you make the skeleton key boss spells craftable? As a lvl 35 life wiz sacred charge is a spell for my level considering its low stats. However, you need to be an exalted wizard just to have the chance to get it. That is crazy. Can you guys put that spell as a drop in a easier area like mooshu or dragonspyre? The storm one is in mooshu and its more powerful than the life one. It's kinda unfair how the weakest spell has the hardest requirement in order to obtain the spell. I think that they should be craftable in the near future or at least more easily obtained rather than waiting to be exalted just to get the chance to snag it. I think all spells should be dropped in Mooshu with their own bosses if they cannot be crafted. Honestly, the reward feeling from getting sacred charge will feel better for a low wizard than a high wizard in my opinion anyway. It's too weak to be a big help.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Storm only has 2 lore spells. Life has 3 already and the first 2 are available to low levels. Life isn't Storm, it's not a primary attack school.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on Aug 10, 2015 wrote:
Storm only has 2 lore spells. Life has 3 already and the first 2 are available to low levels. Life isn't Storm, it's not a primary attack school.
no, Life isnt a primary attack school, but you have to admit, having a requirement of a rank 10 dungeon to get a rank 5 spell is pretty crazy. Im not saying to make it carftable or not, Im saying that the level requirement is crazy. By the time you CAN get it, it's completely useless for PvE; which is the majority of the game.

Funny enough though, only my life has learned Sacred Charge

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
I totally agree RJDABOSS and Dayerider. All valid points.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
dayerider on Aug 11, 2015 wrote:
no, Life isnt a primary attack school, but you have to admit, having a requirement of a rank 10 dungeon to get a rank 5 spell is pretty crazy. Im not saying to make it carftable or not, Im saying that the level requirement is crazy. By the time you CAN get it, it's completely useless for PvE; which is the majority of the game.

Funny enough though, only my life has learned Sacred Charge
I agree it's useless for PvE, but pretty much every lore spell except Deer Knight is useless for PvE. None of them are really meant for PvE use.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on Aug 11, 2015 wrote:
I agree it's useless for PvE, but pretty much every lore spell except Deer Knight is useless for PvE. None of them are really meant for PvE use.
If they're not really designed for PvE, then why are they even obtainable outside of PvP? Why not make them like Conviction, cloak, and stun block? Personally, I think making them PvP only would be a bad idea, because they would be much more useful if we could get them at level relevant times.... a 5 pip spell should be gotten at a time when you'll actually use 5 pip spells, not 10 pip spells

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
Being a lower ranked spell, it should definitely be craftable, and for lower ranked wizards, not just exalted.

And life wizard can solo the game just as quickly and efficiently as any storm wizard. Storm isn't the strongest school in the game because it's base hit points are higher. The player playing the wizard it what makes a wizard stronger than another. I have yet to see a storm wizard solo the game (that includes not buying henchmen). In fact, they are the ones usually asking my life wiz for help. In other words, saying life isn't a primary attack school is incorrect. When you are solo on life, you are the primary attacker.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
dayerider on Aug 11, 2015 wrote:
If they're not really designed for PvE, then why are they even obtainable outside of PvP? Why not make them like Conviction, cloak, and stun block? Personally, I think making them PvP only would be a bad idea, because they would be much more useful if we could get them at level relevant times.... a 5 pip spell should be gotten at a time when you'll actually use 5 pip spells, not 10 pip spells
They are more powerful than the basic school spells of similar pip cost, so getting them at similar levels doesn't make sense. They can be useful in higher mid level PvE, just not in most situations. Since the Darkmoor spells, I don't even carry 10 pip spells in my decks anymore.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on Aug 12, 2015 wrote:
They are more powerful than the basic school spells of similar pip cost, so getting them at similar levels doesn't make sense. They can be useful in higher mid level PvE, just not in most situations. Since the Darkmoor spells, I don't even carry 10 pip spells in my decks anymore.
ok, so then get then at one pip level higher, but not 5. if we were to be able to get these spells when we're using a 5 or 6 pip spell range, fine, but to have to wait till 8 or 9 is pointless, and in the case of sacred charge, a complete and total waste of time. If you are farming otherwise and get it, great, but I would never waste my time farming for a rank 5 spell out of a rank 10 dungeon

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Steven Hawk on Aug 11, 2015 wrote:
Being a lower ranked spell, it should definitely be craftable, and for lower ranked wizards, not just exalted.

And life wizard can solo the game just as quickly and efficiently as any storm wizard. Storm isn't the strongest school in the game because it's base hit points are higher. The player playing the wizard it what makes a wizard stronger than another. I have yet to see a storm wizard solo the game (that includes not buying henchmen). In fact, they are the ones usually asking my life wiz for help. In other words, saying life isn't a primary attack school is incorrect. When you are solo on life, you are the primary attacker.
I soloed Storm through pretty much everything except Darkmoor and Morganthe and never used henchmen, so speak for yourself. I also soloed Life. Any school can solo the game. Life is not a primary attack school, that's a fact. Yes life can attack effectively just like any school can when played effectively, that doesn't mean it's strongest use is in attacking.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on Aug 14, 2015 wrote:
I soloed Storm through pretty much everything except Darkmoor and Morganthe and never used henchmen, so speak for yourself. I also soloed Life. Any school can solo the game. Life is not a primary attack school, that's a fact. Yes life can attack effectively just like any school can when played effectively, that doesn't mean it's strongest use is in attacking.
keep in mind that your experience isnt going to be everybody else's, so what you might find as not needed, others do. Comparing storm to life isnt a good example, because they have opposite issues. Storm has the highest fizzle rate while life has the lowest, storm has the strongest spells while life has the weakest (attack). Every school can solo the game, yes, but you have to admit that some schools are harder than others. All the OP was asking for is a change to make it slightly easier for a school.