Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm with life 2ndary or Life with storm 2ndary ?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2014
I was thinking about making a new wizard
and I was wondering what class I should pick
And I have both mastery amulets so I was wondering
What would be better life with my secondary
School storm or storm and my secondary school
Is life. let me know what you guys think I really need advice
Thanks for taking time out of your day to read all this lol
- Garret FrostWeaver

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Well I have made a storm that was designed to solo (requires a lot of Zeke quests) and I gave it a life mastery and satyr.
It works pretty well, but with low healing stats and health you need a healing pet for sure or you will have a hard time in the later worlds.

I wouldnt go with a life with storm mastery. Storm provides no spells that are helpful to all players (tower shield, satyr, etc) so using training points on that would be a waste of time.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Garret FrostWeaver on Jul 28, 2015 wrote:
- Garret FrostWeaver
NEVER get storm secondary, that is a terrible idea. Life secondary is better if you plan to team up with other people

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
Storm and second life. That way you can get all the storm damage gear and still do mass damage, but be able to cast the healing spells easily, like Satyr and Fairy, to keep yourself alive without wasting all of your pips doing it.

Justin DeathFlame Lvl 62

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
Hey, Garret!
This is actually a great question and I'm sure it has come up before.
Personally, I think that having Storm as a secondary school (for most Wizards) isn't the best decision, but that's just MY opinion. The reason is because though Storm spells are great from levels 1-42, they won't be much help as you grow in levels above.

If you want to create a Life Wizard, I highly recommend training Death as your secondary because of Feint. The Life school is more of a supporting school--with TONS of heals for their teammates--so they normally don't attack very often. It is definitely a great school if you're working with others instead of soloing.

Now for Storm, I highly recommend training Death (or Life) as your secondary school and Life (or Death) as your tertiary school... if you have enough training points.

My conclusion would be that Life with Storm as secondary isn't the best fit, but Storm with Life as secondary is.

I hope I shed some light on your decision. Best wishes and good luck with your Wizard!

- Marissa LifeBlossom
currently level 84+

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Storm with life amulet isn't a bad combo if you plan on going solo a lot. Life with storm secondary seems kinda pointless. Basic storm school spells won't really help much past the early low levels. There's no attack all, which is the major hardship for low level Life wizards.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2010
Garret FrostWeaver on Jul 28, 2015 wrote:
- Garret FrostWeaver
I honestly would say storm and life as secondary because with this combination you get your healing spells from your life class as storm you need this so with life as secondary you can hit hard and heal fast ( take into account i'm talking about satyr with heal fast) and as storm when you get higher you do get your own healing spell but if you do life and storm as secondary you really won't hit hard you really will only heal ( also take into account I am neither storm or life but I do know the storm class better anything I say about the life class that is incorrect please tell me) so in my perspective I'd say storm and life as secondary. And you think your sentences are long.

David Firehammer 87