Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fossils

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
I am truly stumped. I am on the Zafaria crafting and those conga drums that you need to make the spirit drums are 16 fossil.......EACH! That equals around 960 stone block to transmute and 64 fossil on its own. I don't know if there is any other way to get all that fossil. That comes to my question, "Is there any other easier way to get fossils?" That's all.

Thank You,
Ethan Stormsword

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Yeah this is the reason why Zafaria has the hardest crafting quest of them all.
There really isnt an easy way to get fossils... my method is to keep refreshing the reagents tab at the bazaar and buy as many fossils and stone blocks as i can.
Youll eventually get them all

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
1. Go to Stone Town.
2. Collect all the reagents. There are usually lots of Stone Blocks, some Black Lotuses and a couple of Sandstones.
3. Go to a different realm.
4. Repeat.

Defender
Mar 31, 2014
Go several times each day to bazaar and you're likely to get 1 fossil per 1-2 days maybe. I actually didn't buy any stone block since they're bit expensive and only found few in bazaar.

To get stone block, fastest places:

Start by going to a perfect realm (if you see some other player while going to these areas switch to a new realm again - or if there's none, it means someone has taken them most likely)

DS the Atheneum - go and reach the door towards Tower Archive, then on your far right there's always 2 blocksl

DS Necropolis - in the middle where there's that round crystal thing there's usually 2-3 blocks.

Wysteria - Tangelwood Way and Pegasus Place both have and both short distance.

Zafaria - best place, not fastest to reach, Stone Town always many blocks, and Waterfront great too.

Celestia - base camp after you get down the ramp go behind you, usually there's a piece there.

Those are quick ways I used.

Good but not so quick: Krokotopia has stone block in Ahnic and Djeserit tombs and many other places... try the places marked on these screenshots: http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-farming-guides/can-find-stone-blocks-wizard101/

There's also the Grand Chasm technique which however I used just once:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120810&highlight=