Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If you are bored and seek fun, read this. Pt. 3!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 03, 2011
A new game, also a tournament, is upon us, wizards (and anyone who plays Pirate101 who joins these message boards)!

This tournament/game is not Wizard101 or Pirate101 based, and it is to test your knowledge! It's time to play...

Who wants to be a summer solticer?

Here are the clarifications on the tournament.
There is no right or wrong answer. Just choose your best choice.
To choose your answer, type one of the letters and give a reason why you chose that letter.
For the final round, the answers to the question are not stated. You must answer them by typing. I will read them, and it will be entered.
The winners (that's right, this game has multiple winners!) of the game is the people who choose the one option most in each question. The prize: A shout-out given at the end of the tournament when the winners are chosen!
For the final round, however, the people who gives the best opinions are the winners.

Round 1!
What would you do?

When the sun is scorching, and you do not have any sunscreen, you must choose...
A. Ice Cream
B. Cold Water
C. Lemonade
D. A new sunscreen from a store

When it is raining (Summer tends to have a lot of rain) and you have no rain protection, choose...
A. Book
B. Your own hands
C. To rush over to your destination
D. Walk normally and get soaked in the rain (Which I do not recommend in real life)

You have no money, it is scorching, and you must depend on common resources...
A. Purified Water Bottle
B. Water from the fridge (Not in the fridge, it's built within the fridge.)
C. Spare some money from your buddy and get water
D. Water from the ground

Round 2!
Questions

Normally on a summer day, how many degrees would it be (using ranges)?
A. 70-75
B. 60-65
C. 80-85
D. 85-90

What is the most hated thing in summer?
A. Temperature
B. Rain
C. Wilting plants due to heat
D. Sweating

What is the most favorite thing in summer?
A. Drinking Cold Water
B. Water parks
C. Amusement parks
D. Break from school

Final Round!
(It all comes down to this)
Opinion
What do you think of summer?
Opinion:_________________
Is summer good or bad?
Do you like or not like summer?
Good luck, wizards! I will give a shoutout at the end for the winners, but for now, a shoutout to Diego the Dueler, who helped create and sponsor this tournament!

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Ooh! This seems fun!

1. B. Water is VERY important. It'll keep you from getting dehydrated! Especially in VERY hot weather. ( I know it's sorta the same for lemonade, but water is more important in my opinion )

2.C. Why ruin your book and get your hands soaked? Just rush on over before that actually happens!
3.B. That was actually pretty hard . I decided on B because it's probably the coldest you can get and it'll save you and your pal's money.

4.D.This was probably the EASIEST question for me! I live in a pretty hot area. In fact, it's even OVER 80-90. More like 90-100. Let's just say I'd rather be in Antarctica
5.A. Like I said previously, where I live it's really hot. Believe it or not, I actually am happy when it rains. Gives me a break from all the heat. lol

6.C. I love amusement parks! Especially in the Summer! I chose this over water parks since Universal has a couple water rides too. It's like two in one!

I think it's a nice season where you can FINALLY get a break from work, spend time with family and friends, and achieve your goals!
I think it's good

I actually used to dislike Summer ( cause of all the bugs, the heat, sometimes being bored, etc.) but now it's pretty awesome!

I loved this thread! Hope you make more!

See ya in the Spiral

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Funwizzygirl, you have been entered into the tournament. There is a chance for you to win now.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
well, since von likes fun (and i am von), here are my answers:

Round 1!

When the sun is scorching, and you do not have any sunscreen, you must choose...

A. Ice Cream

When it is raining (Summer tends to have a lot of rain) and you have no rain protection, choose...

D. Walk normally and get soaked in the rain (von happens to like the rain)

You have no money, it is scorching, and you must depend on common resources...

C. Spare some money from your buddy and get water

Round 2!

Normally on a summer day, how many degrees would it be (using ranges)?

A. 70-75

What is the most hated thing in summer?

A. Temperature (von dislikes extreme heat)

What is the most favorite thing in summer?

C. Amusement parks (because i wake up some days, and i'm like: how the heck am i a grown-up?)
Final Round!

What do you think of summer?
well, since i no longer have 3 months of vacation to look forward to, i can take it or leave it.

Is summer good or bad?
see above.

Do you like or not like summer?
i suppose it's a nice break, after 6 months of winter (i live in canada); however, i dislike extreme heat just as much as extreme cold... it's gross.

commander von out!

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Dr. Von, you have been entered into the tournament. There is a chance for you to win now.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Everyone is welcome to enter the tournament! For a further explanation, Diego the Dueler's Tournaments have inspired me to make this tournament, and as usual, everyone is welcome to come here!

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Very important note!: The tournament has a capacity of 20 wizards, and there are 18 spots left. If you hurry, you can participate! The winners for each round will be sorted out into Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Copper. Platinum has only 1 chosen winner, Gold has 1 winner too, Silver 2, and copper 3. There will be 7 winners for Round 1 and 2, and 6 winners for Round 3. Platinum Rank has been removed to this cause, and the numbers of the remaining ranks stay the same.

Oh, I haven't revealed the Grand Prize for each rank! Every winner gets a shout-out, but it's time to spin the wheel and see what we land on as our Grand Prize!

Me: Spins the wheel of Platinum
Wheel: Spins and lands on (shown below):

Platinum gets a shout-out AND a visit to my Serpentine Escape or Botanical Gardens, as well as a companion to farm bosses or help with quests, who is me, Oni Slayer, with a finishing touch to trade Shadow Enhanced Treasure Cards!

Me: Spins wheel of Gold
Wheel: Spins and lands on:

Gets a Friend Request from me, Oni Slayer, with a shoutout and will be helped in quests by me, too.

Me: Spins wheel of Silver and lands on:

Gets to do Master/Archmage duel with me (I don't have Exalted duel, sadly), with a shout out.

Me: Spins wheel of Bronze and lands on:

A shoutout with a friend request!

The grand prizes have been announced! The automatic prizes for all ranks:
A friend request
A questing buddy
And a trading with treasure cards.

The other prizes are for that rank specifically.

Now that I've got the competition starting, I'll say good luck! However, for more competition, I promise, I will reveal my secret wizard name at the end of the Tournament. This is Oni Slayer, about to be unmasked, out.

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Oni Slayer on Jul 25, 2015 wrote:
Very important note!: The tournament has a capacity of 20 wizards, and there are 18 spots left. If you hurry, you can participate! The winners for each round will be sorted out into Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Copper. Platinum has only 1 chosen winner, Gold has 1 winner too, Silver 2, and copper 3. There will be 7 winners for Round 1 and 2, and 6 winners for Round 3. Platinum Rank has been removed to this cause, and the numbers of the remaining ranks stay the same.

Oh, I haven't revealed the Grand Prize for each rank! Every winner gets a shout-out, but it's time to spin the wheel and see what we land on as our Grand Prize!

Me: Spins the wheel of Platinum
Wheel: Spins and lands on (shown below):

Platinum gets a shout-out AND a visit to my Serpentine Escape or Botanical Gardens, as well as a companion to farm bosses or help with quests, who is me, Oni Slayer, with a finishing touch to trade Shadow Enhanced Treasure Cards!

Me: Spins wheel of Gold
Wheel: Spins and lands on:

Gets a Friend Request from me, Oni Slayer, with a shoutout and will be helped in quests by me, too.

Me: Spins wheel of Silver and lands on:

Gets to do Master/Archmage duel with me (I don't have Exalted duel, sadly), with a shout out.

Me: Spins wheel of Bronze and lands on:

A shoutout with a friend request!

The grand prizes have been announced! The automatic prizes for all ranks:
A friend request
A questing buddy
And a trading with treasure cards.

The other prizes are for that rank specifically.

Now that I've got the competition starting, I'll say good luck! However, for more competition, I promise, I will reveal my secret wizard name at the end of the Tournament. This is Oni Slayer, about to be unmasked, out.
Whoa! Those prizes sound fantastic! One question though. Does it matter what level you're at? I'm almost level 70

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
The Tournament will end on July 31 at 11:59 pm. The winners are announced on July 30. Late entries before July 31 but after the winner announcements will be, unfortunately, not be in the tournament, so you must hurry up.

However, for my identity revealing, I'll give you 2 hints. :)

I am in Zafaria
I am a Balance Wizard.

Explorer
Sep 22, 2013
Sounds fun, I'm game!

1~ B. Cold water. Water is very important and would be the biggest necessity if you were sweating out fluids.

2~ C. Rushing as fast as possible seems like the best option. I don't want to get wet, or ruin my book. And my hands wouldn't be big enough to keep myself from getting soaked...

3~ A. Purified bottled water. I'm too fancy for any other type. Just kidding, I just seem to like that kind the best. It's also the safest to drink.

4~ C. 80-85. I live in a northern area, so typical summer days aren't very "hot" for me.

5~ C. I believe this would be wilting plants, because if plants/produce is wilting, prices for those will increase, or your garden will look bad!

6~ D. Who doesn't like a good long break from your studies? Shout out for sleeping in?

I think Summer is the heightened area of the year where plants are blooming, and produce is at an all time high. Also, many things like water parks are open for the season. Although the heat is killer, I'd have to say summer is good.
I, personally, don't like summer, because I dislike heat. I mean, In winter if your cold you can just throw on a blanket and cozy up! In the summer heat, your basically stuck.

Good luck everyone, Lenora SkullShade100

Survivor
Mar 16, 2014
Well here's my answers:
Question 1:C i drink lemonade even outside of summer since it's one of my favorite drinks, for me personally this was the obvious answer

Question 2:C well if i'm going somewhere i might as well go fast and i would never ruin a book(i love reading books)

Question 3:A i'd rather not bother anyone about it if i can just get my own water the purified water bottle is the one for me

Question 4: D but occasionally also C i live in a very hot place although i prefer the heat to the cold

Question 5: D the other ones barely even bother me since they're the reasons i like summer so this one relates the most to me( maybe C but not really)

Question 6: D sometimes your brain needs a moment (or a couple of months) to just relax and do what you want

I think summer is the best season since it's the hottest and funnest.

I think summer is good

I love summer i think it's great

well those were my answers see ya

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
FunWizzygirl100 on Jul 25, 2015 wrote:
Whoa! Those prizes sound fantastic! One question though. Does it matter what level you're at? I'm almost level 70
Nope, all levels are welcome, unless the winner declines the prize or switches to his higher/lower level character to receive it, and that option is available.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
RockingSpellCaster and Lenora Skullshade, you have been entered into the tournament.

Here are some more hints of my identity:

I am level 71
My Friends List is full (Any of those whose lists are full could be me or not)
I am known as a crucial helper to people in quests
Friends in Wizard101 treat me as famous whenever I port to them (Now the specifics make the population less)

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
OK, due to lack of players, the winners are:

Lenora Skullshade-Platinum
Funwizzygirl-Gold
Dr. Von-Silver
RockingSpellCaster-Silver

There are no bronze iwnners.

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
I love games!

1. A: Icecream
I actually never wear sunscreen because my skin never burns. At the beach, I always get ice cream because it is almost as hydrating as lemonade and water, only tastier!

2. D: Walk normally and get soaked in the rain
I love nature so much and my favourite animal happens to be a duck so I enjoy water. The rain never bothered me anyways!

3. A: Purified Water Bottle
A water bottle is a good choice because using fridge water costs electricity while I can just recycle a plastic bottle. Purified water also is much healthier than the other options.

4. C: 80-85 I
It varies sometimes hotter, sometimes cooler.

5. D: Sweating
The reason I look forward to summer is because of the warm temperatures. I don't mind the heat or rain. It doesn't get hot enough for plants to wilt. Sweat is disgusting sometimes. I always have to bath often.

6. D: The break from school
Another reason I look forward to summer. It is the best time of year for school to end. Summer is the most active time of year and I get to do all sorts of outdoor activities like fishing.

Round 3: I think of summer as a great time to get active and do all the things you couldn't do in winter. The warmth is a big relief after a long cold winter. Summer is a season we can't live without. A time when nature reaches its peak and reveals its beauty. Nature encourages us to go outdoors and have fun. Summer is good because it is a time of happiness where the days are long and plentiful. I love summer because whenever I think of summer, I also think of nature.

Fiona SummerBlossom

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Aww, I just read your post of the contest being over right after I entered...

Please accept me into the contest, Oni Slayer. I worked so hard on this and I made it before the deadline. If it's okay, I would like to make a contest like this in the future .

Explorer
Sep 22, 2013
Oni Slayer on Jul 31, 2015 wrote:
OK, due to lack of players, the winners are:

Lenora Skullshade-Platinum
Funwizzygirl-Gold
Dr. Von-Silver
RockingSpellCaster-Silver

There are no bronze iwnners.
Congratulations to all winners! This whole tournament was interesting and fun, I had a great time. Question for Oni Slayer, shall we figure out a date for receiving prizes?

Lenora SkullShade100

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Darthvarian on Aug 1, 2015 wrote:
Aww, I just read your post of the contest being over right after I entered...

Please accept me into the contest, Oni Slayer. I worked so hard on this and I made it before the deadline. If it's okay, I would like to make a contest like this in the future .
You are entered as an extra Gold Rank. Congratulations!

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Lenora Skullshade, there isn't a date, though the winners receive the prize as soon as they talk to me in the game. My location is: The Commons, Dryad Realm, in front of Harold's Library.
However, please be reminded I will only be on the game from 6-8pm so you must hurry.

Now for my identity revealing.

My Wizard Name is:

Miguel Rubybreath, Transcendent Level 72 Sorcerer or Balance Wizard.

I will be glad to see you soon!

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Thank-you so much for entering me! I'm excited to meet you in the game.

Fiona SummerBlossom

Explorer
Sep 22, 2013
Oni Slayer on Aug 2, 2015 wrote:
Lenora Skullshade, there isn't a date, though the winners receive the prize as soon as they talk to me in the game. My location is: The Commons, Dryad Realm, in front of Harold's Library.
However, please be reminded I will only be on the game from 6-8pm so you must hurry.

Now for my identity revealing.

My Wizard Name is:

Miguel Rubybreath, Transcendent Level 72 Sorcerer or Balance Wizard.

I will be glad to see you soon!
Ok, thank you very much!

Lenora SkullShade100

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Oni Slayer,

I tried to find you where you said your location was, but you weren't there. I think we might be in different time zones.

How about we meet in front of Harold's library, Unicorn realm, at 7:00 p.m EST on August 5 (in case this message is posted late) If this message is posted early, then you can meet me on August 4th same place, same time.

My wizard's name is Fiona SummerBlossom, Exalted Theurgist and I am looking forward to meeting you.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Update:

Due to my time zone, the schedule has shifted to: 7-9pm which is 6-8pm in my time zone.

Thank you,
Oni Slayer
aka
Miguel Rubybreath

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Oni Slayer, I try to meet you at your location at 7:00pm ET (6:00pm your time) and I don't really have much time to wait long or come back later on (I like to be early). And I'm sure that you don't stand there for 2 straight hours. (amazing if you do)
Since you have a 2 hour meeting period, maybe we could meet at a specific time such as 7:00pm ET at the location that you mentioned earlier.

The Commons, in front of the Library
Dryad Realm, Area 1
7:00pm ET
August 5 - until I meet you.

Try to be there on time, I don't wait too long, maybe up to fifteen minutes.

I will definitely be there.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Darthvarian on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
Oni Slayer, I try to meet you at your location at 7:00pm ET (6:00pm your time) and I don't really have much time to wait long or come back later on (I like to be early). And I'm sure that you don't stand there for 2 straight hours. (amazing if you do)
Since you have a 2 hour meeting period, maybe we could meet at a specific time such as 7:00pm ET at the location that you mentioned earlier.

The Commons, in front of the Library
Dryad Realm, Area 1
7:00pm ET
August 5 - until I meet you.

Try to be there on time, I don't wait too long, maybe up to fifteen minutes.

I will definitely be there.
I do stand there for 2 hours. :D

However, if the time zones seem to fail us, the prizes will have to be removed, sadly. :(