Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

group heal for balance.

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Dr Von on Jul 28, 2015 wrote:
in that sense, then yes~ i have an archmage theurgist, and i will be the first to agree that life does need another aoe (even if it's a crafted one, like deer knight for death). but i digress.

just as giving life a second aoe would not be game-breaking, neither is giving balance an all-heal spell; since balance borrows from other schools anyway, and our job is to support the team, this would not be out of character.

-von
no, it wouldnt be out of character, it just seems specialized to me is all. If they implemented it, it wouldnt bother me, I just hope that if implemented, the give the game it's rightful balance, which they dont always do

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Dr Von on Jul 18, 2015 wrote:
after countless runs through castle dread-more (and countless complaints about the fact that i'm not a life wizard), i'm starting to think that i, and balance wizards everywhere, could definitely use a group heal.

(we already have group blades... and, besides, isn't the whole point of balance to support the team?)

sure, i heal where i can, but the pip cost is way too high to look out for everyone and my over-time heals (even with a critical) aren't enough to protect my teammates if their health is less than half. and then, they get upset because i'm not spamming rebirth, even though they know i don't have a life mastery and can't... at which point i usually have to remind them that i'm not a life wizard.

so here is my proposition:

name: dr. von's arcane antiseptic (idk, feel free to give it a better name)
cost: 4-5 pips
effect: heal 400-500 and (optional) -30% shield to all teammates.

it's bigger than unicorn, but smaller than rebirth (to justify the pip cost). and, before anyone starts crying about life being replaced or group shields being ice's domain, remember that balance borrows from all schools:

-gaze of fate is a double hit (myth);
-hydra/chimera is our version of a dot (fire)
-power nova adds a mass weakness (death)

(i could go on, but i'll stop there)

all constructive suggestions or comments are welcomed and encouraged, as are cookies and fish-paste flavoured cupcakes.

-von "the doc is in" shadowsong
exalted
omg yesssss

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
yay, someone brought this thread back~

even though my balance wiz is finally done with castle dreadmore (thank goodness) i still think this is a good idea. so many people expect us to carry life mastery, but balance should not, at level 100, still have to rely on off-school spells. no other school has to, or has every had to, outside of pvp.

-von "2 legit 2 quit" shadowsong

Survivor
Mar 25, 2014
I agree a million times over, I'd love to have an heal like that on my Balance. I also agree that Life needs another aoe, I don't even have one but I'm all for it. I thought surely with the Darkmoor their spell would be one but nope, I wish they could craft one like Death.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Von, I posted this in another thread; it may be the group balance spell that you are yearning for:

3) Equality- pip cost 6 "When equality is cast, it takes the amount of life force of members team, and distributes it amongst all members equally." Example- you have 4 members on a team, two are dead, the Ice has 3,000 hp and the Balance has 1,000 hp, this equates out to 4,000 life. The balance casts "Equality" and the result is everyone on the team now has 1,000 life each.

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
Hi Dr. Von

I respect you because you had good ideas trough years. I will say no to this because you don't think out of box. Imagine that heal and Balance natural heal used on regular basis. I myself could "Buy" Balance amulet and not Life amulet. Then I would be able to put some dispels for Balance, Loremaster etc. That one extra heal is all I need to be able to use Balance amulet on regular basis. I could write post as you did and put just for Myth cause Myth school doesn't have "Healing spell" except killing minion in combat. One simple spell makes difference that is why we have different schools. Then again Balance school has good spells some people just don't know to use them. Think on global not just yourself cause I know how tricky is to change amulets with fight. Morganthe Amulet does pay you back for removing Life amulet. With critical on Balance heals we look at 900 per turn that's Regenerate at citical for 5 pips. If you want 300-400 healing points just use Unicorn for 3 normal pips with Life amulet and balance power pip chance it will still take 4 pips. Unless Balance is trying to dominate at PvP once more.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Intrepidatius on Sep 27, 2015 wrote:
Von, I posted this in another thread; it may be the group balance spell that you are yearning for:

3) Equality- pip cost 6 "When equality is cast, it takes the amount of life force of members team, and distributes it amongst all members equally." Example- you have 4 members on a team, two are dead, the Ice has 3,000 hp and the Balance has 1,000 hp, this equates out to 4,000 life. The balance casts "Equality" and the result is everyone on the team now has 1,000 life each.
hmm, this could work... but it could also backfire horribly at the upper levels.

think about a dungeon like darkmoor (which was the reason i made this post to begin with)~ you have 2 players who are dead, ice with 3k health and balance with 1k. using your example, this translates to 1k each... and, when yev gets his free cheat khrulhu/colossus, the whole team is now dead and has to start over. definitely not worth it for 6 pips, esp. not when ice at 3000 could have easily survived the hit and stalled the timer for the others to port back.

some possible modifications~

1) for 6 pips, the balance wizard is able to heal all for an amount equal to half her health that is distributed among teammates. for example, my health is 6016; half of that is 3008... which, when split 4 ways, gives each teammate 752 health each.

2) alternately, the amount i heal could be determined by the person on the team with the lowest health. like, if ice has 6k, i have 6k, death has 5k and storm has 3500... half of storm's health is 1750, so each person gets 438 health each (875 with critical, plus any boosts).

@myth jedi~ i don't pvp, so this idea was designed with only pve in mind. to be quite honest, though, i'm a bit tired of having my spells nerfed because pvp can't bother to find a counter for them and would rather whine about how this/that/the kitchen sink is overpowered.

i have played balance for 5 years/100 levels, and have soloed 95% of the game on all of my wizards; therefore, me knowing how to use my spells is a non-issue. it's a matter of having the right tools to do the job i am expected to do effectively.

-von

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
Dr Von on Sep 29, 2015 wrote:
hmm, this could work... but it could also backfire horribly at the upper levels.

think about a dungeon like darkmoor (which was the reason i made this post to begin with)~ you have 2 players who are dead, ice with 3k health and balance with 1k. using your example, this translates to 1k each... and, when yev gets his free cheat khrulhu/colossus, the whole team is now dead and has to start over. definitely not worth it for 6 pips, esp. not when ice at 3000 could have easily survived the hit and stalled the timer for the others to port back.

some possible modifications~

1) for 6 pips, the balance wizard is able to heal all for an amount equal to half her health that is distributed among teammates. for example, my health is 6016; half of that is 3008... which, when split 4 ways, gives each teammate 752 health each.

2) alternately, the amount i heal could be determined by the person on the team with the lowest health. like, if ice has 6k, i have 6k, death has 5k and storm has 3500... half of storm's health is 1750, so each person gets 438 health each (875 with critical, plus any boosts).

@myth jedi~ i don't pvp, so this idea was designed with only pve in mind. to be quite honest, though, i'm a bit tired of having my spells nerfed because pvp can't bother to find a counter for them and would rather whine about how this/that/the kitchen sink is overpowered.

i have played balance for 5 years/100 levels, and have soloed 95% of the game on all of my wizards; therefore, me knowing how to use my spells is a non-issue. it's a matter of having the right tools to do the job i am expected to do effectively.

-von
Dr. Von you are right PvP is bad for Exalted wizards. I myself don't PvP much cause of that but I throw few matches for fun of it. Every spell affect PvE and PvP unless there is "No PvP" sign on the card. I play only Myth school didn't change it in 5 years so I know also how experience grows with playing same school for long time. Balance is good on PvP cause of new tricky spells I know because I get to fight only Balance lol. Any change of spell is declined from KI I don't know why but I will say that Balance is in better position then Myth all though they are somehow in same difficulity to learn in lower levels. All changes are difficult to follow but we adapt. We will see what is stored for us in next update cause I know it will get serious after Darkmoore knowing that mobs will have double health and cheats wil make PvE pain in the neck. I still trying to imagine Old Cob stats lol he is old cchool it will be long fight. We just have to work as a team all works out at the end.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
why not just make it heal for 1/4 of the target's max health? IF we're gonna give balance a group heal, why should it be dependent on the caster's health? That sounds more like a death thing than balance

Survivor
Sep 17, 2011
A balance heal like this would be too OP. I love balance, but this is just a disadvantage for the school that makes schools more even. For darkmoor, balance is great for continuously using empower and mana burn against malistaire the undying. Although balance is my favorite school, this type of heal would make them too good.

Defender
Mar 31, 2014
imo if they complain you're not healing enough next time recruit a life wizard...
balance is not to heal primarily, that's for life, with a heal everyone for balance wiz especially if it goes critical then why need a life school at all?

Survivor
Jun 15, 2015
I don't see how this would make balance op or unfair in PvE, but I already see people complaining about it in PvP (which is already broken).

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
ChrisIceChrisFire on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
I don't see how this would make balance op or unfair in PvE, but I already see people complaining about it in PvP (which is already broken).
this is true, though it's also important to note that pvp complains about everything and likely won't be satisfied until all the spells are nerfed beyond recognition.

-

(rant incoming)

to everyone saying, "oh, just get a life wizard next time", that's not a solution. dungeons like darkmoor already have problems with people refusing to take certain schools in order to protect their time investment, and balance has been singled out, for several reasons: they can't blade or trap without triggering some cheat, they aren't healers, they aren't hitters... after 92 levels of having to rely on off-school tc to get anything done, is this still where we are? do i really have to suck it up and get a mastery amulet because people expect me to fill a role other than that of my own school?

doom, shatter, empower, cleanse, stun block, infection... the list goes on; if i am expected to be a healer, i should have the tools to do so effectively, or else i'll never find a team. do you have any idea how many people quit on me because i'm not life and don't carry mastery? spending crowns should never be a requirement to find a team~ pve players do not need them, so we shouldn't be forced to get them because no one will take us otherwise. that's ridiculous.

i run a damage build with no outgoing heal... but my teammates won't let me hit because i'm not storm. i can heal enough to keep myself alive, but i can't sustain an entire team with an over-time at 4 pips a shot. and, if i can't support my team, then what's the point?

it would be a different story if people just carried their own heals and supported themselves. but they don't, and i'm expected to carry this one ring to rule them all, all by myself~ quite frankly, it's exhausting, and i'm so glad to be done with that horrid dungeon (at least on that wizard).

/rant.

-v.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
" and i'm expected to carry this one ring to rule them all" -Dr. Von

LOL. Very nice. I caught this. I wonder how many others did as well. Happy Spiraling!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Dr Von on Oct 3, 2015 wrote:
this is true, though it's also important to note that pvp complains about everything and likely won't be satisfied until all the spells are nerfed beyond recognition.

-

(rant incoming)

to everyone saying, "oh, just get a life wizard next time", that's not a solution. dungeons like darkmoor already have problems with people refusing to take certain schools in order to protect their time investment, and balance has been singled out, for several reasons: they can't blade or trap without triggering some cheat, they aren't healers, they aren't hitters... after 92 levels of having to rely on off-school tc to get anything done, is this still where we are? do i really have to suck it up and get a mastery amulet because people expect me to fill a role other than that of my own school?

doom, shatter, empower, cleanse, stun block, infection... the list goes on; if i am expected to be a healer, i should have the tools to do so effectively, or else i'll never find a team. do you have any idea how many people quit on me because i'm not life and don't carry mastery? spending crowns should never be a requirement to find a team~ pve players do not need them, so we shouldn't be forced to get them because no one will take us otherwise. that's ridiculous.

i run a damage build with no outgoing heal... but my teammates won't let me hit because i'm not storm. i can heal enough to keep myself alive, but i can't sustain an entire team with an over-time at 4 pips a shot. and, if i can't support my team, then what's the point?

it would be a different story if people just carried their own heals and supported themselves. but they don't, and i'm expected to carry this one ring to rule them all, all by myself~ quite frankly, it's exhausting, and i'm so glad to be done with that horrid dungeon (at least on that wizard).

/rant.

-v.
they just want their version of the stereotype of balance. This has always been balance's problem. The school is designed for people to ask for too many things; it's not specialized, and why I'd never play a balance wizard. Having a mastery amulet, or 6 shouldnt be NEEDED to run Balance (altho, fortunately they're free with gold keys). I have 4 wizards, and the two, based off of how I play them, that NEED it, are fire and myth. My life and death use one for convenience but dont NEED it. Something for other people to think about:

Do you expect a balance wizard to have a mastery amulet for every other school, and run the outdated stereotype of "ice to tower, death to feint, life to satyr" junk? That's fine, do that on YOUR balance wizard and let others play how they want.

I really cant help but to blame this prevalence on PvP, and of course, my opinions on THAT subject are quite clear.

Defender
Jun 09, 2015
you should not get to heal if you do then life should have more power

Survivor
Mar 07, 2015
Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
I would also agree that a multihealer for Balance would be a good idea. Of course, it could be that a unique way to do this would be a harming spell that spreads healing to allies, something like Scarecrow, for instance, that doesn't just give the wizard casting it health but instead spreads it relatively evenly among allies.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
dayerider on Oct 5, 2015 wrote:
they just want their version of the stereotype of balance. This has always been balance's problem. The school is designed for people to ask for too many things; it's not specialized, and why I'd never play a balance wizard. Having a mastery amulet, or 6 shouldnt be NEEDED to run Balance (altho, fortunately they're free with gold keys). I have 4 wizards, and the two, based off of how I play them, that NEED it, are fire and myth. My life and death use one for convenience but dont NEED it. Something for other people to think about:

Do you expect a balance wizard to have a mastery amulet for every other school, and run the outdated stereotype of "ice to tower, death to feint, life to satyr" junk? That's fine, do that on YOUR balance wizard and let others play how they want.

I really cant help but to blame this prevalence on PvP, and of course, my opinions on THAT subject are quite clear.
very well said, day-e.

balance is a jack of all trades, master of none. but my sorcerer was my first wizard and, if not for my time investment, i would have deleted it ages ago. it's not my favourite school by any stretch, but i've mostly learned to make do with what i have.

i have a fire mastery amulet from the first dungeon. so i can spam smokescreen and stuff, but it's still not worth the cut to my stats (i have morganthe's amulet, which i farmed over a year to get and is much better). i have death to feint, but life to satyr and ice to tower are utterly useless~ i don't pvp, therefore i don't need any of those.

@mario king i have a promethean life wizard, and i'll be the first to agree that life needs more damage (or, at the very least, another attack-all). but that's an entirely separate topic.

@pyromaster4477 tc are useless if you don't have a mastery amulet, and i will not give up tangible stats for the ability to spam rebirth (especially when i run a damage build with no outgoing heal boost).

-von