Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Black Pearl

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I am currently working on the quest for Balthazar Dragonthorn to become a master artisan. I have all the reagents needed to craft the Crimson Book Stand except for the black pearls. I know about transmuting it from black lotus already, but I would like to know where I could find black lotus and (or) black pearls to harvest, thank you.

Defender
May 06, 2011
Myth Student 22 on Jul 15, 2015 wrote:
I am currently working on the quest for Balthazar Dragonthorn to become a master artisan. I have all the reagents needed to craft the Crimson Book Stand except for the black pearls. I know about transmuting it from black lotus already, but I would like to know where I could find black lotus and (or) black pearls to harvest, thank you.
Black lotus is found mostly around Mooshu areas. Black pearls are a rare harvest from harvesting black lotus, so if you are lucky, you might find some black pearls with the black lotus.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2012
Black Pearls are best obtained from farming Pink Dandelions found while questing in Kroc.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
I wish they allowed you to buy black pearl reagent without having to duel. I get you have to pay for it with Areana tickets and stuff. However I do not enjoy playing in PVP at all or anything with areana. I like to craft and would love to be able to craft those things. Why can't someone just buy them without having to duel? I'm not interested in buying anything else but the reagents. Plus it puts a huge hold up on my crafting because the item it's self is rare and harder to get a hold of. Plus expensive to buy if happen to find it. Could we please have an easier way to get a hold of the reagent?

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Fallon Angle on Jul 25, 2015 wrote:
I wish they allowed you to buy black pearl reagent without having to duel. I get you have to pay for it with Areana tickets and stuff. However I do not enjoy playing in PVP at all or anything with areana. I like to craft and would love to be able to craft those things. Why can't someone just buy them without having to duel? I'm not interested in buying anything else but the reagents. Plus it puts a huge hold up on my crafting because the item it's self is rare and harder to get a hold of. Plus expensive to buy if happen to find it. Could we please have an easier way to get a hold of the reagent?
They are a rare drop from Black Lotuses. They can also be transmuted from Black Lotuses. The transmute recipe is available from Toshio in Mooshu for those with the rank of Initiate Crafter.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2009
i found some black pearls from feeding my pet items from my inventory, i got a ton of regents from doing that lvl 100 paul storm forage lvl 57 death paul death breaker

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
So most people know about Halfang's dungeon since it is popular to farm. Now instead of going up the tree branch, you continue going ahead to the left. There should be a stone wall and in that little area you should be able to find a few black lotus. I like to realm jump a lot in that area and if you have a friend to help you switch realms faster that is even better. I hope this helped
- Gabrielle Silversword