Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

TC in PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
(Sorry to be bring this back up, but I couldn't find any topics about this in the top three pages.)

I googled TC in PVP, and found many people complained about this or had similar experiences. This is what happened to me:

I'm playing with my myth character, level Fifty-Three, and I think to my self, "Why not play some PVP? I always used to enjoy it." So, I played some 1v1. I played about six times. You know how many times I lost? Every time! It's not that I'm being a sore loser, but I thing something's up if I lose to someone level 30 three times, 2 level 20s, and a level 11 I asked every time and each time they told me they used treasure cards and at that point in time, it just wasn't fun anymore.

Now, I'm not asking for King's Isle to banned treasure cards from being used. What I'm thinking is maybe make anouther (no, it's not a typo that's how I spell anouther) tab or maybe anouther pedestal for people who don't want to use treasure cards. That way, you're not stopping people from using their hard earned TC, but allowing other people to choose if they want to or not. Please, give me your feed back, I don't believe I'm being unreasonable.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
TC use is a great strategy that brings more fun into the game for almost every user. They have always been in use,so saying it isn't fun anymore because of their use is not a valid statement. What people really need to do is up thier strategy a little. There is no reason for a level 53 to lose to a level 11, even with the use of any kind of treasure card.

Samuel
Aedan

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
light wolf on Jul 9, 2015 wrote:
(Sorry to be bring this back up, but I couldn't find any topics about this in the top three pages.)

I googled TC in PVP, and found many people complained about this or had similar experiences. This is what happened to me:

I'm playing with my myth character, level Fifty-Three, and I think to my self, "Why not play some PVP? I always used to enjoy it." So, I played some 1v1. I played about six times. You know how many times I lost? Every time! It's not that I'm being a sore loser, but I thing something's up if I lose to someone level 30 three times, 2 level 20s, and a level 11 I asked every time and each time they told me they used treasure cards and at that point in time, it just wasn't fun anymore.

Now, I'm not asking for King's Isle to banned treasure cards from being used. What I'm thinking is maybe make anouther (no, it's not a typo that's how I spell anouther) tab or maybe anouther pedestal for people who don't want to use treasure cards. That way, you're not stopping people from using their hard earned TC, but allowing other people to choose if they want to or not. Please, give me your feed back, I don't believe I'm being unreasonable.
Why not buy tc yourself?? Everyone can buy treasure cards.

I agree with Aidan204, even with no tc yourself you shouldnt lose to a level 11. The problem is not the treasure cards, its your deck setup, your gears and your strategy.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
I'm kinda curious as how you lost to a level 11? The gear they can wear is limited, the speed they gain pips is low. They could be killed with a few wand blasts at your level. Did they spam insane bolt or something?

Survivor
Oct 01, 2013
Survivor
Oct 15, 2014
You can win without tc lvl 53 if your a balance wizard use loremaster spell if you have it or judgement.

I don't know how to win with fire because I always lose.

To me Death with deer knight spells helps a lot.

Don't do quest strategy trying to get scarecrow spell or Dr Von.

Storm is to me is a hard school to beat.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010

Light wolf,

You got one of the top Wizards (Myth), some feel at that level he's almost unbeatable, and you lost.
I had a Level 33 Myth, and I faced Level 50 and 60 Wizards when he had no gear, and won.
The Myth Wizard at Level 33 to Level 60 is one of the best wizards in the game.

I gotta say, from reading your post above, it appears to me that you went into Ranked PVP
totally unprepared.

I have a few questions for you....
1. Have you read any of the PvP guides from Nick over at Duelist?
2. Why don't you go purchase some Monsterous TC and set up your side deck like everyone else does.
3. Do you segregate your deck like everyone does? Have your hits in the TC side, with just a few in
the Main section?
4. Have you brought up a good pet with double resist and Accuracy?
5. Do you have the Ninja Pips spell?
6. What Amulet do you have?
7. What Gear do you have?
8. Have you done any crafting?
9. Have you considered leveling up to 60 and getting at least the waterworks gear?
(The waterworks gear drops fast, and you can have a full set in just 10 runs.
10. How many Practice runs did you do before you went into ranked?

With a Myth, you should be winning from first or second, at this level it's just about the perfect wizard.

Survivor
May 26, 2009

They need tc because the don't have enchants like you have monstrous

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
Well if no TC in PvP, Low level PvP wouldn't exist. Like you can see the level 5 warlords with their gear, no TC mean they'd have to spam clashes and frost beetles and scarabs, etc. And how would you, as a Lvl 53 get matched against a level 11. Even if a warlord it wouldn't happen. Did you exadurate? (sorry for my spelling if I didn't do it right)

Because my Level 11 gets matched with Adepts and Magus people, and I'm usually a Warlord. Kinda easy if you Ice Guardian,clash spam (mebbe not) and like Iceblade tc, wait for him to iceblade you and ice trap, then infall. and then land a Frost Demon, doing 2k-3ish4k

So no TC would be a bit Dumb to me, however a few spells and TC cannot be used, like Insane bolt TC, Talos TC and the level 75 minion spells. because who wants low levels spamming insane bolts

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Tatiana Winterhear... on Jul 20, 2015 wrote:
I'm kinda curious as how you lost to a level 11? The gear they can wear is limited, the speed they gain pips is low. They could be killed with a few wand blasts at your level. Did they spam insane bolt or something?
I lost Magus to balance wizard on mine level 100 ice wizard because I was using offense gear but couldn't attack because blocking shadow shrike (when defense for immunity so, wouldn't happen again) also fail at combo of mine shadow shrike & dark nova because he spam shield,tower, weakness

(least I happy made pet jewel talent) never fail talent :) I happy able more resist (without these pet being pack of flat talent) should least give our 6% resist back from wand that call: Tanglewood Terror Spear because defense doesn't madder anymore because want be immunity to all school just let them to have it because lose pvp anyways because shadow shrike, infallible, spear blade, and King Artorius Spell!

unfair how others treating resist pair to armor pierce (think unfair) be more unfair add new shield example of dispel shield & spear shield but can be useful for good reason!

I like immunity best don't worry about dying in battle even vs boss that as infallible cheat but get resist up max 127 or more (then people able kill you with infallible) be immune infallible so, others use more then 15% armor pierce!

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
Jacob LotusCaller on Aug 2, 2015 wrote:
Well if no TC in PvP, Low level PvP wouldn't exist. Like you can see the level 5 warlords with their gear, no TC mean they'd have to spam clashes and frost beetles and scarabs, etc. And how would you, as a Lvl 53 get matched against a level 11. Even if a warlord it wouldn't happen. Did you exadurate? (sorry for my spelling if I didn't do it right)

Because my Level 11 gets matched with Adepts and Magus people, and I'm usually a Warlord. Kinda easy if you Ice Guardian,clash spam (mebbe not) and like Iceblade tc, wait for him to iceblade you and ice trap, then infall. and then land a Frost Demon, doing 2k-3ish4k

So no TC would be a bit Dumb to me, however a few spells and TC cannot be used, like Insane bolt TC, Talos TC and the level 75 minion spells. because who wants low levels spamming insane bolts
I don't think he's exadurating or whatever because my bro is lvl 10 and sometimes fights grandmasters with 0 rank. My bro has around 1300 rating so this guy probably fought a guy with 1200 rating but has 0 rank.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Alex watersinger on Jul 18, 2015 wrote:
Why not buy tc yourself?? Everyone can buy treasure cards.

I agree with Aidan204, even with no tc yourself you shouldnt lose to a level 11. The problem is not the treasure cards, its your deck setup, your gears and your strategy.
I agree with alex but don't think won't banned treasure card because use for pvp strategy so, able to win pvp so, people able chance pvp strategy because some people can be set if know right school vs too!

not that easy for storm win pvp (when level up storm wizard) test him out in pvp (test out and try master mine insane bolt) beat level 93 balance on lower storm (level 50-60) because base of luck!

this reason why carry cleanse ward for ice wizard because vs touch school (have immunity on) remove convert (if I first) if second spam shield & shield!

why allot school spam shield because others school spam attack spell that help keep from getting max hit!

(all others ravenwood school of all get wild bolt spell) pvp strategy would chance, if spell useful enough for there school!

Survivor
Feb 06, 2014
I think that TC should not be used at all in pvp. Or at least not the attack TC cards. People will usually fight an opponent that is the same level, so the use of TC can make the pvp fights too easy while it shouldn't be that easy.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I agree with this. I remember along time ago one of the forum moderators made a statement about the old old treasure trading card system and quoted the incredibles "When everyone is super no one will be."

I think the same thing is happening in PvP. PvP should be about understanding how to play a class and using your training points to make unique build that makes that individual player special. Treasure cards are just the exact opposite of that. With the way PvP is now its basically pick and choose the best spells of each school for PvP and stack your sideboard with it.