Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 85 minion card jewels too little, too late?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I get pretty excited to see a jewel drop in Darkmoor. But when I actually look at the jewel I got, it's a Cyclops Minion Peridot - for level 85+.

I like minions, and I like having the option of summoning a minion from another school, but the last time I felt it necessary to call on Bob the Waterspout or Akbar the Helpful Mander, was, well, when I was young enough to want to name my minions. And certainly not after about level 55.

Even Talos, as impressive as he is next to my gangly grandmaster conjurer in training, voluntarily went into retirement after about level 72.

I thought maybe these are set real high to prevent pvp from becoming a free-for-all. But I simply don't see magus-master-grand matches filling up with off-school minions. The threat is simply not there.

I do see folks using minions in PVE, but not at level 85. I wish I could affix these triangles onto my lower level wiz where they will see some use. And I wish the jewels that dropped from the likes of Yevgeny and Morganthe were slightly more useful and level-appropriate than Fire Elemental or Pinocchio.

Maybe have these gems drop in a level 45+ dungeon, and put some of the shift sugar glider, shift grendel, etc. in jewel form along with all those hematites at the high end. Even Sir Lamorak and Vassanji as neat and versatile as they are, just tend to get you in trouble with the cheats in places like Graveyard and you're better off leaving them at home.

I'm sure I'm not the only person wondering why the lower level soloist's best friends are all far out of reach of their utility window.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Given that cyclops minion is only a level 18 spell it does seem pretty lame to tie it to an item only usable by someone level 85+. This should be a much lower level jewel, and probably not in Darkmoor at all. If you're going to give out a level 85+ limited minion it should at least be Talos.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
There are a lot of silly jewel drops. That is one. It's kind of insulting to get a low level minion or a mana boost from one of the top bosses in the game. I'm glad jewels were added to the game, but what spells & stats they give and where we get them need a lot of adjustment.

Those minions should be in KT or MB, not KR or DM.