Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What does a locked post mean?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 20, 2008
I don't think I've ever locked any of my posts (If you can do that)
But is there something it means? Like, Kingsisle liked it or something? Not enough reads? Or is it just really old?
Can someone explain?

Defender
May 06, 2011
KieranMoonFlame on Jun 26, 2015 wrote:
But is there something it means? Like, Kingsisle liked it or something? Not enough reads? Or is it just really old?
Can someone explain?
It may either mean very old or people keep arguing over and over again on it. You can not post on locked posts. Hopefully this answered your question

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
I think it means that the author's question has been answered and they disable posting because it saves on server's space? i honestly don't know, but it might be close to the answer tho ...

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
KieranMoonFlame on Jun 26, 2015 wrote:
Can someone explain?
there are 2 scenarios in which i have seen mods lock posts:

1) the thread is really old and hasn't had any replies in a very long time;
2) thread is inflammatory and/or off-topic.

-von

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
A locked post is just an old post that hasn't gotten a response for a long time. Only KingsIsle can make a post locked, so there's no way you can control it. So when a post is locked you cannot post there anymore, but you can still read it. Hope this helped