Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 6-26-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello, Wizards! The sun is shining, the firebirds are chirping, and it's been a pretty great week. Let's cap it off in style with a Feedback Friday, shall we?

This week, we put our Ultra Summer Update on Test. There's ultra pets, ultra dungeons, ultra seeds, and much, much more! My question this week is: which item in this summer update are you most excited to hit the live servers? Did you get a chance to log in this week and check it out? If you didn't, we'll be back next week!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Celestia fishing, even though I'm not really into fishing. The rest seem like a bit of a chore.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2012
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The new gardening updates: the new seed stacking, seed vaults & Plant All spell are great additions. I was excited about pet jewels, but with the no trade I won't bother with it in live realm. It's not worth it and will make hatching with other players too much of a pain. I didn't get a chance to try the revisited bosses, I'll have a go at those next week.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2010
Went exploring in the test realm, bought all of the new single shot dungeons. Some were almost impossible to do flying solo, needed some help. I did get a cool mount, some ultra seeds that I planted but haven't harvested yet. Tried fishing but wish there was a quest to go with it. Got the seed house and cleaned out my backpack. Would be nice if there was an individual storage for TC's like the seed house, like that we can store more cards in our back packs. Haven't found any star gems for my pet yet. Wish the realm was available today, need to explore more.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Wow that is a hard question!

LOL, the seed vault honestly makes me feel like crying when I think of it. Tears of joy.

But, passing our houses thru the shared bank - completely furnished and with active gardens still in place!
That's HUGE!

Yet... if there are some major alterations made to what's playing in Test now - the bejeweling of pets has the POTENTIAL of being the most meaningful addition to the game ever (if you are a pet trainer). But as it is right now I don't know if I'll ever bother with it.

If suggestions made in Test and on the threads for Test Realm on these message boards are added the addition of Ultra Level and the 2 jewel spots that will open up would mean that all those pets that were close to perfect but missed Spritely & Shot or Proof could be happily put into service. And we'd be training pets for the fun of having a Rain Gnome & a Unicorn & a Bone Drake & a .... we can play with depending on our mood, outfit, character's school, the boss - it wouldn't be about hatching 1000 pets to get 3 we can actually use past Grizz.

Making the pet jewel system useful for players who really do the hatching would change the economics for KI though. I, for instance have a lot of gardens (26 Couch, like 65 DHE, like 39 EMP plus Fickle Pickle & King Parsley for reagents) & 2 Farm Houses & am buying the garden bundle soon - I already own the seeds but if I was new to the game I'd be putting cash into Crown pet & character gear jewels that aren't destroyed by removal, are reusable, can go through the shared bank and add the useful stats, cards & energy now available in game but which are so hard to get on a single item. They'd have to do the math & be sure my life got easier And they made money in the switch over.

LOL - to be clear despite the fact that I already own all that Crown stuff & the 1000 failed pets - I would gleefully purchase those Crown Jewels if they did what I suggested instead of what is now in Test - and I'd be grateful for it.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2009
I am very much looking forward to the ultra pet with the collars for Ancient Pets.

Austin

Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
Paid a visit Thursday to the Test Realm. Was really excited about leveling my Mega Pet up to Ultra. That is, until I went to buy a few Mega Snack Packs from the Crown Shop to expedite leveling and found it not listed. That kind of deflated my enthusiasm. It will take too long to level Sammy up with regular snacks before the Test Realm is closed. Therefore, I will not get to know if the new Jewel Collar is going to be worth the time and effort.

I also tried the fishing in Celestia. I was "Whoa!" when I pulled out the "Nibbler" fish (btw, will the chat filter allow us to say its name when it goes Live?). Had a streak of bad luck and was unable to pull any new fish out though.

Love the idea of the new Seed Vault! I do big gardens and like the idea that I won't have to stick extra seeds in my backpack, attic and bank or have to sell them. Can't wait to get a few of those Ultra Seeds too!

Good to see that I can now share my Houses with my other characters and the additional housing items limit has been raised! But I do have a question, if I do decide to transfer a house to another character, do I lose that extra housing slot that I had bought an elixir for? Meaning, will I have to buy another House Elixir if I get another house for my main character?

Haven't had the time to do any or the new gauntlets or the Ultra Dungeons as of yet, but look forward to attempting them with friends when they go LIVE.

Yes! This is definitely going to be an Ultra Fun Summer with these new updates!

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
I'm most excited for the "Ultra Seeds" just imagine ... thousands of Ultra couch potatoes ....

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
There are so many things I'm excited to see go live!

In no order:

Seed banks--so cute and so needed. Thank you!
The "plant all" option.
Craftable school mounts.
...Someone said there's an increased housing item limit? I hadn't noticed that, but that would possibly be my favorite. *cheers*
Celestia fishing.
Ultra seeds! I haven't gotten any to elder on test yet, but I'm really looking forward to that as well.

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
Survivor
Oct 03, 2013
Best thing to come out of this update are the craftable mounts. I like almost all of them and will probably craft a few. I like the idea of these new dungeons (something to do other than darkmoor for us exalted ), but I'm disappointed in this one-shot crown system and the fact that most of the gear is no trade. It was a benefit for people who already had gone through w101 to be able to handmedown the good gear to their low level wizards and it's a shame to get rid of it. But I will probably buy a few and go with friends, they do look like fun

I'm rather upset about this change in pet view format though. I do a lot of my training based on the comparison of the two parents. If I have a ultra rare in a certain spot I can almost guarantee which talent it is, and predict whether or not to waste snacks and energy. With this new format, it gives no chance for us to judge based upon what we see. We have to invest in almost any egg so that it is an adult and we can see what we actually have talents wise.
In the "old format", a good hatcher could guesstimate to guarantee what the talent was based on its position (e.g. Fairy sits in the sixth or seventh spot whereas Fire Giver was near the top, I didn't want Fairy, so trash the pet) In the new format, all I would see is 1 uncommon and have to train it to adult to see what I had. I wish it would change it and make it an option or scratch the concept all together, I see no benefits whatsoever, only penalties for those who invest in pets.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
The greatest thing to hit this summer? Clearly it is the Members earn double pet experience for a limited time. I would encourage KI to make it a perk available ONLY for members forever. It would encourage crowns players to make a commitment to KI. It would make membership special. It would also encourage pet hatching. I would bet the market for lower level pet snacks would improve also.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
Pet Jewels
as soon as the interface will be fixed and hopefully, if the restriction is lifted so we can trade pets with jewels
this new add-on can change a lot of things : better pets, more accurate to our wizards needs and it can save pet fails by adding the missing points to stats for better % or the missing talent

long awaited simple improvements for a better Spiral life
- more room for TC, for items in our houses and for seeds with the vault (which is also a really nice decoration)
- "Plow/Plant all" gardening spells
- dispels from different sources (learned, TC, pet/gear card...) no longer activate at the same time
- more craftable mounts (and really awesome ones)

and of course all the surprises like the Ultra dungeons, new house items, etc
even a teaser with the Aztecan Wheel of the Sun (future new thrilling event quest?)

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
I'm looking forward to the new craftable school mounts.

Catherine Rainbowsong may be the only one to get a chance at these mounts, but she is looking forward to show off her school pride through her mount, even though she already has her arcane minecart.

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
I'm very much looking forward to ultra pets. I'm glad that training pets to ultra takes the same length as training pets to mega instead of needing 4000xp to get to ultra.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
I tried out the moving a house from one wizard to another in test realm. That was cool but the restrictions about moving the house was a little confusing. I had to put all the pets that were around the house I wanted to move into the attic before I could move it. I don't know how any other restrictions apply because pets was all I had around that house.

I wish that with all these new additions there would be clearer instructions about where the new things are. People have been commenting on new dungeons and new things for pets. I spent some time in test realm looking for the new things but wasted a lot of time because it was not clear where the new things were. I know I can look on the website and if I read it carefully find where these new things are but it would be nice if there were some in game instructions and guides. Maybe add a box in wizard city that has a list of the new things so the wizards can go there and see what the box says about things to do that are not the worlds quests. It would be nice if the jewel shop in wizard city had information about higher level jewels and to be able to get higher level jewels in the wizard city shop. The jewel shop ought to have lots of jewels for sale. It would be nice if quest finder showed things like the b.o.x.e.s and any other new dungeons. Maybe the quest finder could show quests for temporary things in a different color from the rest of the quests. also have a different color for main line quests and side quests so it is easier to tell them apart.

I wish that instead of adding more things to spend crowns on there would be another world or two added so my level 100 wizards had something to do. My level 100 wizards are living like they have retired but they are not ready to retire.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Thank you for bringing these additions to Wizard 101.

I'm looking forward to training all my pets up to ultra, give them nice bling to wear; as well as place more items in all of my houses.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Darthvarian on Jun 28, 2015 wrote:
I'm very much looking forward to ultra pets. I'm glad that training pets to ultra takes the same length as training pets to mega instead of needing 4000xp to get to ultra.
There's no benefit though. Ally you get is the ABILITY to add Ultra jewels IF you find one plus you get a free level 15 jewel to throw away

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I think I'm excited about sockets for pets, but I haven't seen enough good jewels yet to know how excited.

I'm sure about having more seed storage. That's great!

The new bosses are fun, but the crown cost is going to limit my ability to run them much.

Administrator
Thanks for the Feedback folks! We've been reading your comments about the Test Realm here and elsewhere, and there will be more updates coming before we go live.

A new topic shall be posted shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea