Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea for New Base class's for Ravenwood

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 04, 2009
so my idea came when i was thinking back to how Ravenwood was when it first was made and not a lot has changed, i was thinking that it would be awesome if we had class's for these schools of magic

Earth
other wise known as Geomancy is a school of magic revolving around the vary rock stone and dirt that we walk on, people who are masters of this school know how to summon giant creatures made of stone like mountain giants to smaller more "hit and run" creatures like earth imps or even being able to create floating hands made of earth and slamming them on there enemy's and unlike the magic of the life school this magic is more about being a unbreakable wall of stone much like , in fact two mages of these schools side by side are extremely hard to take down

Air:
also known as Aeromancy also a wizerd to call upon air guardians and spirits as well as tornadoes and other creatures of air while not being as tough of earth air magic can distort there foes and whisk away some of there charms and shields or turning it into a negative version of it (shield into trap, blade into weakness of that school)
and even though it may seem like a strange form of storm magic, air wizards have little to do or anything to gain from thunder storms or the sea, they would feel right at home at the top of a mountain with the wind flowing all around them

and the final one is sound magic or audiomancy

not many would have known that there are creature made of pure sound waves or those that live in them

but the sound wizard is in turn with these things many of them are wondering mistrals or bards but there magic can effect friend and foe in a number of ways from boosting there ally's to hindering and even damaging there foes by appeasing the creature of sound and calling to for there add in battle

(also as a side note, i would have put this in the title but it could not fit, is it possible to change the death schools starting spell to a ghost? the dealth sprite does not make a lot of sense when "death magic" is about necromancy or you could have it throw the explodeing rose like the ones in unicorn way do that looks cool and they sound sinister instead of annoying again just a side note)

I hope you do consider these schools of magic for RavenWood i think it would improve it greatly

Survivor
Feb 08, 2012
Earth is a Pigswick school (although it would certainly be interesting to play as a Pigswick school)!

I think the Air school is too similar to some Storm spells.

I also think that adding new base classes to Ravenwood is a bad idea, but I might be biased because I LOVE the classic schools!

Explorer
Apr 04, 2009
well, it would make ravenwood seem like its growing in its academic line up, we will still have the original spells, but we also need something that would give this game something new to it

maybe what i'm trying to say is that, i have played this game since it's launch, taken brakes here and there, lots of time was put in adding new high level spells while new people or people who have played this game for so long, get bored after a while because its the same every time,

but perhaps what could happen is that a partnership with pigswick and another school to allow us a broader line of magic though i think they would have to change ember magic, seems to not have any fight capability's

now i know it may seem like storm and air magic would seem similar but storm is about thunder and lighting and the sea

air would be about tornado's, hurricanes, winds so strong it can tear a house apart or sweep away your enemy's in a vortex nothing to d with thunder and electricity

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
hatter999. on Jun 19, 2015 wrote:
so my idea came when i was thinking back to how Ravenwood was when it first was made and not a lot has changed, i was thinking that it would be awesome if we had class's for these schools of magic

Earth
other wise known as Geomancy is a school of magic revolving around the vary rock stone and dirt that we walk on, people who are masters of this school know how to summon giant creatures made of stone like mountain giants to smaller more "hit and run" creatures like earth imps or even being able to create floating hands made of earth and slamming them on there enemy's and unlike the magic of the life school this magic is more about being a unbreakable wall of stone much like , in fact two mages of these schools side by side are extremely hard to take down

Air:
also known as Aeromancy also a wizerd to call upon air guardians and spirits as well as tornadoes and other creatures of air while not being as tough of earth air magic can distort there foes and whisk away some of there charms and shields or turning it into a negative version of it (shield into trap, blade into weakness of that school)
and even though it may seem like a strange form of storm magic, air wizards have little to do or anything to gain from thunder storms or the sea, they would feel right at home at the top of a mountain with the wind flowing all around them

not many would have known that there are creature made of pure sound waves or those that live in them

but the sound wizard is in turn with these things many of them are wondering mistrals or bards but there magic can effect friend and foe in a number of ways from boosting there ally's to hindering and even damaging there foes by appeasing the creature of sound and calling to for there add in battle

(also as a side note, i would have put this in the title but it could not fit, is it possible to change the death schools starting spell to a ghost? the dealth sprite does not make a lot of sense when "death magic" is about necromancy or you could have it throw the explodeing rose like the ones in unicorn way do that looks cool and they sound sinister instead of annoying again just a side note)

I hope you do consider these schools of magic for RavenWood i think it would improve it greatly
While the idea is cool, it would take a lot of work....and there is a small copyright issue. In the JRPG series, Final Fantasy, by Square Einx, a Japanese gaming company, (makes kingdom hearts, final fantasy, and various games)
has a class in most Final Fantasy games, called "Geomancers," who do something very similar to that, and it shares some of the abilities from the Aeromancy. As for that, their is a magic spell in the final fantasy games called Aero, which is air magic.

Now, I think these would be flipping awesome to add into the game, but maybe some different names. The ideas of these magics are used widely enough, but its more the names you choose. I don't know IF you play final fantasy or bravely default, or not, but I felt it was worth bringing up.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
hatter999. on Jun 19, 2015 wrote:

Earth

Air:

As for sound magic, that is also an idea I thought of myself. But mine is based more off of Buffs and Debuffs, rather then attacks because first off. There is way to many attacks in this game.

As for what my version of sound magic would do, it would buff all of your teammates, but at the cost off half of your life, or maybe, you team loses 2 turns for the massive buff you placed, because of how powerful the buff is. Some of its attacks would lower enemy accuracy or damage, but increase block rating and resistance.

The spells would have equal effects both good and bad for both sides, so it would have to be used with extreme caution.

I do not know if you read my posts for sound magic, but it seems we have a few similar ideas for it. If you had read them I would of at least liked to see a little credit. (ONLY, if you read them and got inspired)

Explorer
Apr 04, 2009
KieranMoonFlame on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:
As for sound magic, that is also an idea I thought of myself. But mine is based more off of Buffs and Debuffs, rather then attacks because first off. There is way to many attacks in this game.

As for what my version of sound magic would do, it would buff all of your teammates, but at the cost off half of your life, or maybe, you team loses 2 turns for the massive buff you placed, because of how powerful the buff is. Some of its attacks would lower enemy accuracy or damage, but increase block rating and resistance.

The spells would have equal effects both good and bad for both sides, so it would have to be used with extreme caution.

I do not know if you read my posts for sound magic, but it seems we have a few similar ideas for it. If you had read them I would of at least liked to see a little credit. (ONLY, if you read them and got inspired)
no this is my second time posting something on the forum's so i did not see your post about sound magic, but too add to it i think it would be better if only YOU skip two or more turns for that massive buff/debuff, i could see a lot of people hating people who are sound wizards for it and not many people would want to play them because of it

the only final fantasy game i played was 10 and 10-2 and not vary far in them ether, so thanks for letting me know about that, maybe instead of Geomancy it could be Terramancy? Terra if the latien word for Earth, unless some other company used that too >.>