Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The key to hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2015
I bred my forest beast () with a dragon () but only got another forest beast, when there is a variation of it called the desert beast which is balance type. Is there something I should know about hatching pets like that?

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
EeveeWizard on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
I bred my forest beast () with a dragon () but only got another forest beast, when there is a variation of it called the desert beast which is balance type. Is there something I should know about hatching pets like that?
If I'm not mistaken, a Desert Beast is not a hybrid pet. The only way to get one is to find someone with a Desert Beast to hatch with you. And even then there's no guarantee. You might get one the first try, or it might take ten tries. It's all random chance.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
I don't think it is possible to get a different one of the beast pets from a hybrid hatch that way. They are all separate pets, which can only be gotten when hatching with someone who has the desired type (in this case desert). However, there are hybrid pets that can be hatched from specific parents. I would check out the wiki to find some possible combinations for hybrids.

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
The trick to get hybrid pet is to hatch 2 School only pets.
For example. Phoenix and Forest Lord will get you Inferno Beast.
And so on.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
EeveeWizard on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
you'll need to hatch with a forest beast to get it. That will be about an even chance each hatch.