Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My rating is less than 190, please help

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I don't think I've won a single match since the 2nd age started.

I am a 56 fully trained in and training in past Sunbird. I have the first two spells and Fortify. My main pet is Toaddle which gives 1 Cleanse Charm and may cast Infallible. I have Unbalance. PVE, I am in the Grotto, Celestia. In Grizzleheim, I just finished Hrundle Fjord and Grandmother Raven told me to talk to Austri. I decided to complete a quest regarding the defeat of Frost Trolls.

I think my rating is 187.

I like PVP. I am much better in Pet Derby (I think I am a corporal). But can you help me with Duels?

David Thundermancer 56

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
NeoNebula17 on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:

I am a 56 fully trained in and training in past Sunbird. I have the first two spells and Fortify. My main pet is Toaddle which gives 1 Cleanse Charm and may cast Infallible. I have Unbalance. PVE, I am in the Grotto, Celestia. In Grizzleheim, I just finished Hrundle Fjord and Grandmother Raven told me to talk to Austri. I decided to complete a quest regarding the defeat of Frost Trolls.

I like PVP. I am much better in Pet Derby (I think I am a corporal). But can you help me with Duels?

David Thundermancer 56
Get to level 60 and farm for the waterworks gears. You might have to spam bolt.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Welcome to storm PvP- the hardest school to 1v1 with at almost every level range. That being said there are several things you can do to improve your chances in battle:

-Establish a garden-You will need a garden to maintain your gold levels and to gain the mega snacks necessary to pet train. I recommend prickly bear cactus to start out with

-Get a better pet- For your level a pet with spell proof/defy damage and a heal is ideal. I would be willing to meet you in game and hatch with any of my pets if you can arrange a time realm and place.

-Reestablish your training points- I would wait for the member benefit of free training point resets to repurchase your training points as your current set-up is not ideal for PvP

Once you have completed these tasks then you can focus on the task of dueling.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
NeoNebula17 on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:

David Thundermancer 56
Hey

First of all i'm shocked that you try to do pvp without tower shield. Myth and fire can be a great support for a storm, but without tower you're determined to loose your matches. I suggest you to do all the exploring quests and get as many extra levels as you need to train ice up to tower shield. The ideal level would be lvl 60 (-65), once you hit it farm for waterworks gear. Purchase a myth or fire mastery amulet to maximize the effect of your secondary schools. Fire elf could make a great difference in the arena. Best pick for a staff is Frosty Tiki Torch or Staff of Flashing Blades.

TCs needed: tower shield, infallible, shatter, feint, gargantuan, empower, some cloaked dispels

Pet: Lurk around the hatchery for a couple of days and try to get a pet with double resist. Imo having a decent resist is a must, you're taking a great risk without it.

Strategy: Don't waste your pips at the beginning of the battle, gather pips using 0 pip spells such as infection, tower shield, weakness, etc. The more pips you have, the more control you have during the match.

I hope you will find this helpful!

Cheers,
Tristan and Jesse Dreamcrafter exalted warlord and magus overlord

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Jerry Saibot on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
Hey

First of all i'm shocked that you try to do pvp without tower shield. Myth and fire can be a great support for a storm, but without tower you're determined to loose your matches. I suggest you to do all the exploring quests and get as many extra levels as you need to train ice up to tower shield. The ideal level would be lvl 60 (-65), once you hit it farm for waterworks gear. Purchase a myth or fire mastery amulet to maximize the effect of your secondary schools. Fire elf could make a great difference in the arena. Best pick for a staff is Frosty Tiki Torch or Staff of Flashing Blades.

TCs needed: tower shield, infallible, shatter, feint, gargantuan, empower, some cloaked dispels

Pet: Lurk around the hatchery for a couple of days and try to get a pet with double resist. Imo having a decent resist is a must, you're taking a great risk without it.

Strategy: Don't waste your pips at the beginning of the battle, gather pips using 0 pip spells such as infection, tower shield, weakness, etc. The more pips you have, the more control you have during the match.

I hope you will find this helpful!

Cheers,
Tristan and Jesse Dreamcrafter exalted warlord and magus overlord
I have Tower Shields as Treasure Cards but I have not been using them until recently. How do you obtain or Mastery Amulets? I will NOT do Waterworks the minute I have the opportunity to, because I've heard it is hard. I haven't even tried Briskbreeze or Spiral Geographic yet. Is Fire Elf really that helpful? I have a Deer Knight that gives 1 Feint, but I don't think it is healthy for Diviners to run Feint. I don't think I really need Shatter but if I somehow obtain Mastery I'll be sure to add it to my TC repertoire. The rest of your TC suggestions are okay. The Hatchery is too expensive and I think I only have 1 adult, my Storm Colossus. I do not understand what you mean by "double resist". Your strategic suggestion is what I already tend to do. I think it is what most school ought to do.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Alex watersinger on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
Get to level 60 and farm for the waterworks gears. You might have to spam bolt.
Wild Bolt I might run at the beginning but it never works. I will not farm Waterworks the minute I have the chance. It is too hard.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Eric Stormbringer on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
Welcome to storm PvP- the hardest school to 1v1 with at almost every level range. That being said there are several things you can do to improve your chances in battle:

-Establish a garden-You will need a garden to maintain your gold levels and to gain the mega snacks necessary to pet train. I recommend prickly bear cactus to start out with

-Get a better pet- For your level a pet with spell proof/defy damage and a heal is ideal. I would be willing to meet you in game and hatch with any of my pets if you can arrange a time realm and place.

-Reestablish your training points- I would wait for the member benefit of free training point resets to repurchase your training points as your current set-up is not ideal for PvP

Once you have completed these tasks then you can focus on the task of dueling.
I have a garden. I use it every day. But you can obtain Mega Snacks from a garden?

I'll take your pet suggestions into consideration. I think Infallible is helpful as a Diviner though.

Reestablish my training points again? I won't change but I might change from . I'm attached to .

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
NeoNebula17 on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
Wild Bolt I might run at the beginning but it never works. I will not farm Waterworks the minute I have the chance. It is too hard.
Waterworks is not that hard bro. If you have a great team it could take around 35-45 minutes per run (except if there is an exalted in your team). The drop rates are really fine for the gears, you could get a mastery and you get mega snacks at the end. As said Eric, you will need a better pet.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2014
I never win pvp battles ( even ranked ones ) Anyway.... You are allowed to use many treasure cards and the Bazaar has lots of treasure cards. -Taylor Swift Lvl 16 wizard

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
NeoNebula17 on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
I have Tower Shields as Treasure Cards but I have not been using them until recently. How do you obtain or Mastery Amulets? I will NOT do Waterworks the minute I have the opportunity to, because I've heard it is hard. I haven't even tried Briskbreeze or Spiral Geographic yet. Is Fire Elf really that helpful? I have a Deer Knight that gives 1 Feint, but I don't think it is healthy for Diviners to run Feint. I don't think I really need Shatter but if I somehow obtain Mastery I'll be sure to add it to my TC repertoire. The rest of your TC suggestions are okay. The Hatchery is too expensive and I think I only have 1 adult, my Storm Colossus. I do not understand what you mean by "double resist". Your strategic suggestion is what I already tend to do. I think it is what most school ought to do.
You came here for help.
People are giving you help.
If you refuse to do what they say, you won't get good at PvP.
Waterworks is not hard if you know what you are doing.
And besides you don't have to do waterworks if you don't want to.
But be nice and don't complain that you are bad at PvP.
Don't mean to be mean or anything, just saying.

Nicholas Star

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
My logic is:
PvP is A GAME!!! It is about having fun, trying out new things ( like strategies ), playing with friends. It is not about putting all your effort and time into being perfect. My rank is 27. I have won 127 matches and lost 365 matches. Am I ashamed to say this? No. I am actually proud that I am able to keep going even if I am terrible. Lots of people stop when they have lost 3-20 matches. That disappoints me. I just like to have fun!
If you are serious about wanting to get a higher rank then I recommend doing waterworks for the gear. ( Even though I am bad at PvP you can trust me on this one because the gear has helped me a ton in questing. I know questing isn't the same as PvP but they both need good gear to succeed more easily.) I was able to do it at level 60 pretty easily because I joined team up which often had high levels trying to farm for the mastery amulets. I also want to mention that the other parts of your armor (amulet, ring, wand, pet, etc.) can make a huge impact on your overall ratings. Keep an eye out on those. I hope this helped!
- Gabrielle Silversword