Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What comes to mind when you hear/see "Myth" Wiz's?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
Wow!

A LOT of great feedback from all, it was a pleasure reading :) To answer/reply to a few:

Errol Everhart: I was a "Natural" Fire mage although I don't feel like one...anymore, but I remember the gemstones before I actually achieved my final class, were most of the schools stones. I was very adaptable and playing this game a lot, I do well with most schools, especially in pvp ;) Myth was the most fun to pvp with, although it was one of the firsts, and doesn't have the best record, but still warlord regardless. I always thought Fire and Myth were alike, so after my fire, I went to myth, and balance.

Prince of shadows: I agree, myth and balance are troll schools in my eyes. Balance mainly, it can mess with you in a multitude of ways. As they say, Balance adjusts the rules of combat, and Myth can do a good job of that too. Stuns, Double hits, Dots, strip you of your defense ;) and minions for days

Chrissyflower: I too think of Greek, and Pyramids. Like the Pyramid of fire in Krok XD I also think of wastelands/earthliness as their "terrain" thanks to the animations of Orthrus, Medusa, Basilisk, etc. where the land is more dry.

Rikudo Sennin: Interesting correlation! Yeah, Myth seems more like its focused on the past. Heros, legends, all that fun stuff. I like to think of my myth as a character sealed off or something with, like the lost glory type of story, and "awakened" years later to reclaim it all. Yeah, that's right, I gave my character a backstory. I was bored so many playthroughs later. ^~^

TucsonWizard: I hear you on the heavy hitter part. I consider them to be in the top tier of hitters, up there with fire. I remember the other day in practice pvp, I went against a maxed myth with darkmoor with an Ice (lvl95, 82fire/storm resist, 55+universal resist) In just a few turns I was flattened. He had time of legend, 79% base equip. damage or something, and two blades. Critical king art, then back doored with mystic colossus following

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
I love myth it was my first wizard so i hit a wall hard in DS it was a big one no joke but it took some years to get over it but in cs it was easy i am now a level 91myth but its worth it in the end its fun but know the teacher has a bad way of wanting to kick you out of the school after all Cryus brother did become evil and try to take over the world so i think cryus is the best teacher after all it just gives you the right to keep going. i think of myth as well greek gods like calling on there power of the myths then attacking with the power as if your a god.
Alia DreamSmith level 91 myth

Survivor
Jan 21, 2013
Well myth i dont understand it i mean i like it its just that ice have the health storm dose the damage
Fire is nice to have life heals and death is dose damage ang heals but i really dont know what myth dose and
All its a great school and all mabey their the soloers all the scholls are balanced oh speaking of balance
Balance boost the spells

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Rikudo Sennin on Jun 4, 2015 wrote:
When i think of myth i think also of its balance with storm, storm to me represents the future while myth represents the past.
Myth also represents dealing with the loss of something or some one or even a memory good or bad to help us shape our future or to grow as a person.
Storm represents change adaptation and moving foward sometimes walking down an unmarked path alone towards a future that is unsure on the winds of change.
i love the base idea behind all the schools especially myth i just wish it got a bit more utility as of late.
myth more use Naming to summon beasts of legend by memorizing and calling out their True Name. (also clued for where the shadow lie)

because myth different school then others school (good attack)

myth student (don't hate ice student) because ice know about myth because know what the like to do because ice student would say: Cyrus was not thrilled to lug it out of the basement of the Myth School, but he would refuse me said by: Lydia Greyrose (Not like Cyrus get angry at greyrose get slap) XD making fun for making new wizard student to clean is dirty clothes clued when not a myth wizard but maybe ice student world other then death because don't think death won't make fitting school for myth unless know for drake for dragonspyre!

I would like know death tree name in dragonspyre doesn't have name (that is white tree) seem more creepy then Mortis!

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
MrDragonitify on May 27, 2015 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'd like to know your opinions, what you think of when you hear about the school of myth or of Conjurers?

Like, for example Death is pretty self explanatory, Necromancers study the corporeal and understand death, utilize drains to steal health from others, summon undead beings, and (according to the Death book) drive the fear out of themselves and drive it into their opponents. Quite a good image for them, what brings to mind when you think of Myth?

I think of summoning. But then again, EVERY school summons creatures, whether by Pleading/Bargaining/overpowering their respective elemental/spiritual being. Idk, they kind of seem plain to me..Your thoughts?

*Warning: May tie heavily into the lore*

Thanks!
It feels very nice for myth to have so much minions.

But the fear of myth that everyone knows is earthquake since It steals all the blades and shields.

also myth also has low damage at high spells.

Still Myth is a good school because of the minions.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
To Wolf Windrider:

I am sorry I was not able to get online on Friday night and no time to post on here to tell you.
Please let me know if you would give me a second chance to meet you. We can try for same time and place THIS Friday the 12th, or you can pick an alternate time/date/place.
Let me know and again, so sorry I wasn't able to meet you.

Angela Legend

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Nordic Champion on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
To Wolf Windrider:

I am sorry I was not able to get online on Friday night and no time to post on here to tell you.
Please let me know if you would give me a second chance to meet you. We can try for same time and place THIS Friday the 12th, or you can pick an alternate time/date/place.
Let me know and again, so sorry I wasn't able to meet you.

Angela Legend
That's ok. Sorry you could not get on last Friday. The new time is fine with me, so I'll see you then.

Wolf Windrider

Survivor
Feb 04, 2012
I honestly find Myth a very easy school to solo.
My *very first* wizard was a Myth, I had no idea of the game, and I still soloed basically the whole game without minions. I didn't really hit a wall in DS?

I find that Myth is basically "Imagination." So, therefore, because legends, myths, etc. all started off as imagination, that's why we use spells referencing to mythologies.

(I also have to say, I think that ant is from Atlantis, because I remember there was a sort of waterpark somewhere based off of Atlantis with that very same orb and city.)

~Roslyn Blueflower, Exalted

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
timon004 on Jul 13, 2015 wrote:
I honestly find Myth a very easy school to solo.
My *very first* wizard was a Myth, I had no idea of the game, and I still soloed basically the whole game without minions. I didn't really hit a wall in DS?

I find that Myth is basically "Imagination." So, therefore, because legends, myths, etc. all started off as imagination, that's why we use spells referencing to mythologies.

(I also have to say, I think that ant is from Atlantis, because I remember there was a sort of waterpark somewhere based off of Atlantis with that very same orb and city.)

~Roslyn Blueflower, Exalted
Ant? Are you referring to the Mystic Colossus spell? If so, it is not an ant from Atlantis. It is a Mantis from Sardonyx, and the same Mystic Colossus statue that you restore during a quest in the Sardonyx area of Khrysalis.

Wolf Windrider