Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What comes to mind when you hear/see "Myth" Wiz's?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
Hello everyone,

I'd like to know your opinions, what you think of when you hear about the school of myth or of Conjurers?

Like, for example Death is pretty self explanatory, Necromancers study the corporeal and understand death, utilize drains to steal health from others, summon undead beings, and (according to the Death book) drive the fear out of themselves and drive it into their opponents. Quite a good image for them, what brings to mind when you think of Myth?

I think of summoning. But then again, EVERY school summons creatures, whether by Pleading/Bargaining/overpowering their respective elemental/spiritual being. Idk, they kind of seem plain to me..Your thoughts?

*Warning: May tie heavily into the lore*

Thanks!

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I like playing my Myth guy, but feel like the school got dumped on in two ways.

1- barfing frog is not a mythological creature, but because of utility needs to be our most used attack. It would have been a fun novelty, like the mash-up spells, but using it continuously for 70+ levels takes the luster off Myth.

Colossus will fix that once we get enough shadow pip % to cast reliably. It's a great spell. Alternative would be a cool looking crafted AoE.

2- minions were fun, and Myth was billed as the "solo school". Too bad. That's only true up to about DS, beyond which minions (as they are) are useless, and Myth isn't especially easy to solo.

That could be fixed by giving myth better, more mission-specific minions. I won't hijack the thread with specific suggestions, but will be happy to give some directly if anyone is interested.

Back to the general question, I think Myth is complex and mysterious, with a ancient, epic lore.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Prince of Shadows on May 27, 2015 wrote:

1- barfing frog is not a mythological creature, but because of utility needs to be our most used attack. It would have been a fun novelty, like the mash-up spells, but using it continuously for 70+ levels takes the luster off Myth.

Colossus will fix that once we get enough shadow pip % to cast reliably. It's a great spell. Alternative would be a cool looking crafted AoE.

2- minions were fun, and Myth was billed as the "solo school". Too bad. That's only true up to about DS, beyond which minions (as they are) are useless, and Myth isn't especially easy to solo.

That could be fixed by giving myth better, more mission-specific minions. I won't hijack the thread with specific suggestions, but will be happy to give some directly if anyone is interested.

Back to the general question, I think Myth is complex and mysterious, with a ancient, epic lore.
Myth isn't easy to solo? I found it to be the easiest of schools for soloing. My Myth soloed everything except Darkmoor. I frequently soloed Hades in Tartarus with it.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
MrDragonitify on May 27, 2015 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'd like to know your opinions, what you think of when you hear about the school of myth or of Conjurers?

Like, for example Death is pretty self explanatory, Necromancers study the corporeal and understand death, utilize drains to steal health from others, summon undead beings, and (according to the Death book) drive the fear out of themselves and drive it into their opponents. Quite a good image for them, what brings to mind when you think of Myth?

I think of summoning. But then again, EVERY school summons creatures, whether by Pleading/Bargaining/overpowering their respective elemental/spiritual being. Idk, they kind of seem plain to me..Your thoughts?

Thanks!
Myth is probably the most under-rated and misunderstood school in Wizard101. I think many players are intimidated by the gruff and stern demeanor of Professor Cyrus Drake, so they tend to avoid Myth. If they could get past this and give it a try, then they'd realize what a truly awesome school it is.

The school of Myth merges use of the imagination with that of intellect. It involves summoning mythical creatures by pain-staking memorization and recitation of the creatures' lengthy true names. It is also the school in which students must achieve greatness by rising above the adversity of a disagreeable and snarky professor, to become part of an elite, proud and powerful minority-group of wizards known as Conjurers.

In short... If you're not a Myth wizard, you just won't get it.

Wolf Windrider
Keepin' it imaginary

Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
Prince of Shadows on May 27, 2015 wrote:

I agree in a lot of aspects, like not only do they get horrible AoE, no good sturdy single hit until a much later level (or get ninja pigs) it can be hard a bit once you get kinda in the mid game.

But going back to the original question, I can kind of justify "the barfing frog" XD I mean myth was imagination and when I think of that frog, its, well Humongous bigger than the world :D >.> Dragonspyre was worried about a titanic dragon, but I think a Frog the size of earth is a bigger threat.

I never really thought of it that way, until now but yeah they really are mysterious O- O

Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
Errol Everhart on May 27, 2015 wrote:
Myth is probably the most under-rated and misunderstood school in Wizard101. I think many players are intimidated by the gruff and stern demeanor of Professor Cyrus Drake, so they tend to avoid Myth. If they could get past this and give it a try, then they'd realize what a truly awesome school it is.

The school of Myth merges use of the imagination with that of intellect. It involves summoning mythical creatures by pain-staking memorization and recitation of the creatures' lengthy true names. It is also the school in which students must achieve greatness by rising above the adversity of a disagreeable and snarky professor, to become part of an elite, proud and powerful minority-group of wizards known as Conjurers.

In short... If you're not a Myth wizard, you just won't get it.

Wolf Windrider
Keepin' it imaginary
Every school has at least one mythological creature though .-. (Almost XD Efreet, Sirens, Frost Giant AKA Ymir, etc etc)

I get you, at least 100% about the greatness part. I mean myth school quests were more straining imo and the quest reward isn't as good as other schools in terms of xp and gold. I kind of feel like Kingsisle doesn't like myth, but want to see players overcome the difficulties and reign number one XD

That's a pretty good way to look at it though, "to become part of an elite, proud and powerful minority-group of wizards known as Conjurers." ^~^

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
seethe42 on May 27, 2015 wrote:
Myth isn't easy to solo? I found it to be the easiest of schools for soloing. My Myth soloed everything except Darkmoor. I frequently soloed Hades in Tartarus with it.
You're a highly skilled player. I don't find Myth hard to solo either, but it lacks the intuitive ease of Death (drain), Life (heal) or Balance (i have a spell for everything).

I'm willing to bet you have trained Life and Death spells, probably a mastery, and good pets and gear. A Myth wiz set up like that is a joy to play, and it's one of my favorite schools, but if you started the game using minions and playing Myth as advertized you'd hit a wall past DS.

I'm not complaining about the school in general. I think it's wonderful and under-rated. But I understand why some Myth players reach a point mid-game where they feel lost or wonder what happened. No other school changes style that way.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
I see allot of potential. I dont think its a useless school, or plain at all. I have only ever had a myth once on one of my accounts, but it was very strong. I hate cyrus, but overall the school is amazing.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
I think Myth is VERY underrated, especially after DS, PvP, and in minions themselves! Many argue Death has the best spell because it's an X spell.

However, I very much like it, except *cough* Cyrus *cough cough*.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
What comes to mind? POWER I was a level 60ish Balance wiz in Marleybone helping a lower level friend, when I saw the most epic wizard... Angel Dust, a conjurer. He ported into the battle and cast a Humongofrog that did about 3200 damage and killed everything. I knew right then I was going to make a myth wizard... which I did.
HOWEVER, with low health and Frog being more powerful (and 2 less pip cast) then Earthquake, I find it very difficult to level, much less solo. My myth wizard Angela, (yes created in honor of Angel Dust), is currently at the end of Celestia and finds it hard to play without uber good gear. She rarely has help, so is usually solo and in particular, the Floating Land was difficult, (died a lot). So I will be getting her the WW gear before I move on in my questing and get to ZF. Until you receive the calendar spell in AZ, how are you supposed to kill the15-20K bosses in AV? Now, I have noticed that since I got my Medusa spell, I do critical a lot more. Has anyone else found that to be true?

I think myth wizard, I think EPIC and LEGENDARY, so my myth wizard always looks the part - dressing in the coolest outfits and acting crazy. When I am playing myth, I feel like I can do anything. Limitless. I do agree with Windrider who said, "you just won't get it" unless you ARE MYTH. I had no idea what it was like until I became one. I am anxious to get to higher levels, but am also enjoying the journey.. I have three wizards higher level then my myth, (balance is exalted now), so they have been able to pass on some pretty powerful gear to my myth. But I do think, without the best gear, (she currently has WT crafted gear), it is dang near impossible to solo.

A couple years ago, someone suggested getting all myth wizards together for a "Myth Party" of sorts. I would love to see another suggestion for a Myth Gathering since higher level myth wizards are more rare. Has anyone else noticed myth school gaining in popularity?

Angela Legend

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Nordic Champion on May 30, 2015 wrote:
What comes to mind? POWER I was a level 60ish Balance wiz in Marleybone helping a lower level friend, when I saw the most epic wizard... Angel Dust, a conjurer. He ported into the battle and cast a Humongofrog that did about 3200 damage and killed everything. I knew right then I was going to make a myth wizard... which I did.
HOWEVER, with low health and Frog being more powerful (and 2 less pip cast) then Earthquake, I find it very difficult to level, much less solo. My myth wizard Angela, (yes created in honor of Angel Dust), is currently at the end of Celestia and finds it hard to play without uber good gear. She rarely has help, so is usually solo and in particular, the Floating Land was difficult, (died a lot). So I will be getting her the WW gear before I move on in my questing and get to ZF. Until you receive the calendar spell in AZ, how are you supposed to kill the15-20K bosses in AV? Now, I have noticed that since I got my Medusa spell, I do critical a lot more. Has anyone else found that to be true?

I think myth wizard, I think EPIC and LEGENDARY, so my myth wizard always looks the part - dressing in the coolest outfits and acting crazy. When I am playing myth, I feel like I can do anything. Limitless. I do agree with Windrider who said, "you just won't get it" unless you ARE MYTH. I had no idea what it was like until I became one. I am anxious to get to higher levels, but am also enjoying the journey.. I have three wizards higher level then my myth, (balance is exalted now), so they have been able to pass on some pretty powerful gear to my myth. But I do think, without the best gear, (she currently has WT crafted gear), it is dang near impossible to solo.

A couple years ago, someone suggested getting all myth wizards together for a "Myth Party" of sorts. I would love to see another suggestion for a Myth Gathering since higher level myth wizards are more rare. Has anyone else noticed myth school gaining in popularity?

Angela Legend
Thank you for agreeing with me Angela. We should meet in-game so I can add you to my friend list. Let me know the time and place. A Myth gathering would be super cool. Myth wizards are few so we need to stick together.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I Myth!

It's a shame it's so overlooked and underrated by most of the players.. It really is an awesome school, and can be op too in some cases. When I think of myth, I think of a smart, tricky sort of school. A school where you have many advantages and tricks up your sleeve. Here's why:

• Myth can remove ALL your shields at one time with shatter
  • Myth can remove ALL blades and shields on all enemies with earthquake
  • Myth has spells that hit twice. First time is weak, and second is the real deal. So if someone casts a single tower shield or myth shield, you can easily get around it
  • Myth wizard have pretty good health
  • can take off traps and shields
Medusa stuns two rounds, probably the only spell that does that (right?)
Well anyway there's more but seriosuly, myth is EPIC!!!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
If I see a myth wizard I think "Woah is that a myth wizard? I thought they were extinct"
I actually have a low level myth wizard to help with myth's population of the spiral

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Prince of Shadows on May 28, 2015 wrote:
You're a highly skilled player. I don't find Myth hard to solo either, but it lacks the intuitive ease of Death (drain), Life (heal) or Balance (i have a spell for everything).

I'm willing to bet you have trained Life and Death spells, probably a mastery, and good pets and gear. A Myth wiz set up like that is a joy to play, and it's one of my favorite schools, but if you started the game using minions and playing Myth as advertized you'd hit a wall past DS.

I'm not complaining about the school in general. I think it's wonderful and under-rated. But I understand why some Myth players reach a point mid-game where they feel lost or wonder what happened. No other school changes style that way.
I joined Myth because I like the look of the minions. They were my "go to" spells for the longest time, I even gave them names. The game was very easy for me to solo, and I was able to use minions up until Khrysalis. The only reason I stopped was because I finally managed to train Feint and my stats are more self-sustainable with Darkmoor gear. Even still, I continue to use them from time to time.

In my eyes, minions are more to remove threat and deal minor damage while set up a [insert spell name here]. Their overall purpose remains unchanged.

Back to the topic: What do I think of when I hear "Myth"?
For starters I think Cyrus Drake, twin brother to Malistaire and brother-in-law to Sylvia. Followed by maybe the colors yellow and blue. Earthquake. Fire + Ice. Hidden. Not sure what else to say. Triangles?

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Rachel Dreamsong on Jun 1, 2015 wrote:
If I see a myth wizard I think "Woah is that a myth wizard? I thought they were extinct"
I actually have a low level myth wizard to help with myth's population of the spiral
Lol! I almost never see Myth Wizards.

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
seethe42 on May 27, 2015 wrote:
Eh I don't know what you're trying to prove but myth can be a hard school to solo with if you use no life or balance mastery. They have no heals and no real speciality for PvE. Stuns? Almost all bosses in Khrysalis are immune to stuns. Minions? Useless: they only do weak attacks on bosses who rarely shields. A minion who has critical, a fine base damage and healing spells would be awesome for myth.

Are you able to solo Tartarus without any mastery btw?

Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
Thanks guys for the valuable input, I love hearing your opinions!

Unfortunately Myth just doesn't seem to stand out anymore to me. I love its play style, I even have a warlord. But when it comes to general story. I just. ._. I mean we already lost our core late game: Minions.

Its rare to see myth, but its even rarer to see the usage of Talos or other minions late game.

Thanks again for the comments, maybe some day I will be interested again and have will to level up my Myth wizard.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Alex watersinger on Jun 2, 2015 wrote:
Eh I don't know what you're trying to prove but myth can be a hard school to solo with if you use no life or balance mastery. They have no heals and no real speciality for PvE. Stuns? Almost all bosses in Khrysalis are immune to stuns. Minions? Useless: they only do weak attacks on bosses who rarely shields. A minion who has critical, a fine base damage and healing spells would be awesome for myth.

Are you able to solo Tartarus without any mastery btw?
Yes I have done it without mastery, but I do generally wear a Life Mastery when I solo harder dungeons. I don't usually have to heal, my pets usually do a decent job of it, but when I do need to it's much more efficient using Satyr with Mastery. I got Life, Death, Fire & Balance Mastery amulets from soloing Luska Charmbeak a lot without having any.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
MrDragonitify on Jun 3, 2015 wrote:
Thanks guys for the valuable input, I love hearing your opinions!

Unfortunately Myth just doesn't seem to stand out anymore to me. I love its play style, I even have a warlord. But when it comes to general story. I just. ._. I mean we already lost our core late game: Minions.

Its rare to see myth, but its even rarer to see the usage of Talos or other minions late game.

Thanks again for the comments, maybe some day I will be interested again and have will to level up my Myth wizard.
I was placed in the Myth school when I first took the player quiz to make my wizard. I had no previous knowledge of the different schools or types of magic back then, but Myth seemed like a good fit for me when I read about them afterwards. Now, after four years of playing that very same Myth wizard, I know it was a good fit for me. During that time I've never felt the desire to be anything but Myth.

Myth chose me from the very start, so I consider myself a "Natural Conjurer". In which school were you placed when you first took the quiz? I'm convinced that it does make difference.

I'll admit that Myth is not for everyone, which makes it all the more satisfying to be part of such an elite group. So for those who are considering Myth, or for those who have a low level Myth wizard and are wondering whether or not to level up... Mystic Colossus is reason enough.

Wolf Windrider
Exalted and only
Keepin' it imaginary

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
David EarthShield on Jun 1, 2015 wrote:
I joined Myth because I like the look of the minions. They were my "go to" spells for the longest time, I even gave them names. The game was very easy for me to solo, and I was able to use minions up until Khrysalis. The only reason I stopped was because I finally managed to train Feint and my stats are more self-sustainable with Darkmoor gear. Even still, I continue to use them from time to time.

In my eyes, minions are more to remove threat and deal minor damage while set up a [insert spell name here]. Their overall purpose remains unchanged.

Back to the topic: What do I think of when I hear "Myth"?
For starters I think Cyrus Drake, twin brother to Malistaire and brother-in-law to Sylvia. Followed by maybe the colors yellow and blue. Earthquake. Fire + Ice. Hidden. Not sure what else to say. Triangles?
I'm assuming you did AV and AZ fairly recently? I understand your point, but I can't imagine a minion living long enough in pre-nerf AZ to have been worth the pips.

"Myth is not for everyone, which makes it all the more satisfying"

That's my feeling as well. I enjoy Myth and Balance because they play differently from other schools. It's fun to break out of the box.

Explorer
Jan 15, 2013
MrDragonitify on May 27, 2015 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks!
When I hear the word Myth, I think of:
Greek gods, Wizard101, Conjurers, and my best friend who is a wizard.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
To Wolf Windrider: I will absolutely add you to my friend list. I don't know many myth wizards.
(especially natural conjurers XD)
I am usually on the game at night - after 9:00PM EST.
Give me a night to meet up if this does not work for you:
WC - Myth Tower - Realm Humongofrog XD - 10:00PMEST this Friday - June 5th.

Angela Legend

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
When i think of myth i think also of its balance with storm, storm to me represents the future while myth represents the past.
Myth also represents dealing with the loss of something or some one or even a memory good or bad to help us shape our future or to grow as a person.
Storm represents change adaptation and moving foward sometimes walking down an unmarked path alone towards a future that is unsure on the winds of change.
i love the base idea behind all the schools especially myth i just wish it got a bit more utility as of late.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Nordic Champion on Jun 3, 2015 wrote:
To Wolf Windrider: I will absolutely add you to my friend list. I don't know many myth wizards.
(especially natural conjurers XD)
I am usually on the game at night - after 9:00PM EST.
Give me a night to meet up if this does not work for you:
WC - Myth Tower - Realm Humongofrog XD - 10:00PMEST this Friday - June 5th.

Angela Legend
Great! The time and place you've mentioned will work perfectly. See you then!

Wolf Windrider

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
The very first wizard I created was a Myth. This happened only because it's what I was assigned by way of the "questionnaire" in the beginning tutorials. I played this wizard up till about level 8 or 10. Frankly, I wasn't all that impressed, especially when I saw all of those Death and Storm and Fire wizards around me casting such cool, powerful spells... and there I was with my lowly Blood Bat and Troll. So I deleted my Myth wizard and started a Life wiz. I was very happy with my Life wizard and played it exclusively until about level 60. Then I got the bug again and created a Fire wizard. Wow. What a totally different experience! Not necessarily better but totally different. It was about then when I really started to appreciate the different playing styles required for the different schools. I played both of these wizards for the next few months. Then one day I was playing alongside a Myth wizard and we were fighting some Tower-spamming Ice enemies... and he cast an Earthquake. That did it. I immediately went to see Ambrose again to create a Myth wiz. My Myth wizard is now at a higher level than both my Life and Fire wizards. I find it a joy to play as Myth and although the spell diversity might not be there like the other schools it's still a very powerful hitter. A lot has been said about the usefulness of Myth's minion spells and while I'd admit that in many cases they're not as powerful as they could be they can still be extremely helpful. Minion fizzle rate is a bit high but no more so than Fire or Storm. And Myth's level 75 minion, Vassanji, has the highest health (2000) of all the schools. Many times I've felt it was worth the 6 pips to summon him if only to act as a distraction. Typically it takes at least two big hits to take him out and this gives me time to gear up for my big hit.
Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth on Myth. And to answer your initial question about what comes to mind when I see a Myth wiz...
I say "Hale and well met fellow traveler"