Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing/gardening updates lagging the game.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2009
Hail friends!

I'm a little stuck. For the past three weeks, every time my plants update, or I've picked up, placed, moved, or rotated an item within my home the game will seize up for a food three to five seconds, and this has happened every time an object is updated. If I pick up multiple items at once, like items on a rug or bookshelf, it will seize up for longer, or occasionally completely freeze, and has twice crashed to desktop on me in this scenario.

I did a complete uninstall, wiped the cache, and did a clean install directly from the wizard101 website last night, but this has actually compounded the problem to where several of my highly-decorated houses refuse to load, and completely freeze on the loading screen as the items attempt to replace the place-holder boxes. Thinking that just letting it sit there and possibly update behind the freeze I left the frozen client run overnight with my screen off, but to no avail, it hadn't even updated me to tell me I'd been kicked for inactivity in the AM.

I've checked my java, as well as my flash and shockwave, all are up to date. I did a refresh on the drivers for my Nvidia GeForce GTX750 and they're completely up to date barring the Witcher 3 specific download released this morning. Still this problem persists.

Home decoration is pretty much the only reason I've stayed with the game, so it's not a simple as 'stop decorating', I'd really like to get this resolved but I'm quite at my wits end for what to do here. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thank you for taking a look at this, and for any help you may offer.
Have a stellar day!
- Fawne

Survivor
Jun 03, 2010
Try lowering As many graphics options as you can, maybe it is a specific setting that is causing this.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
Hello Bryce, thank you for the suggestion. I'd done that at the beginning of the month when I first noticed the problem. I killed bloom, particle effects, resolution, quality, and switched from windowed to full screen with no luck. I even lowered the quality controls on my graphics card to better handle shadows and shading to no avail.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2010
How many items would you guest to have been placed in/outside your house, and how large is your garden?

Survivor
May 22, 2009
Good morning! Brace yourself, I've been around for a while and have collected a few houses...

On my main:
Red barn farm: 50 outside, 20ish inside - Freezes on loading screen
Sultans palace: 250 outside, 280 inside - Freezes on loading screen
Sun palace: 250 outside, 110 inside - Successfully loaded
Treetop getaway: 210 outside, 80 inside - Freezes on loading screen
Life house: 75 outside, 180 inside - Successfully loaded
Wysteria Villa: 100 outside, 230 inside - Outside has loaded, inside freezes on loading screen.
Tropical Island: 75 outside, 40 inside - Freezes on loading screen.
Dorm room: inside 50 - Freezes on loading screen.

On my alts:
Dragons Fjord: 50 outside, 0 inside - Freezes on loading screen
Krokotopia small home: 80 outside, 100 inside - Freezes on loading screen
Moosho small home: 100 outside, 100 inside - Successfully loaded
Dorm room: 45 inside - Successfully loaded.

The only homes in which I have a 'garden' are the Red barn farm and dragons fjord, each has 25 plots with evil magma peas and king parsley in them respectively. My life house has 2 ninja fig and a giving tree outside, and the dorm room on my main has 2 potted tiger lily. My alts Mooshu small home has a maelstrom snap dragon, 1 EMP, and 1 pink dandelion, and my alts dorm room has 6 potted yellow dandelion.

It's not just my homes doing this to me though, it's every home I visit. Housing tours, friends homes, it's getting slowly better as things load one by one, and I've started buying things on the bazaar and introducing them to my client via a blank dorm room item by item. This has taken care of my "gold problem" very nicely it's been a very slow process, and the core problem of my game 'halting' every time I add or remove or update an item still persists.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
Good morning friends! So after scrolling slowly through the bazaar, and having furniture items update in my cache that way, I'm glad to say I can now access all but one of my homes. The Red Barn Farm, the one in which I have my garden, still freezes my client completely. However instead of freezing on the loading screen I will see the exterior of the house, undecorated before the client crashes.

A friend of mine is going to let me use her laptop to pull my decorations from that house later this evening and I can start over there so that's not so much a problem.

However the problem of my furniture/plants halting the client whenever they're updating still persists.

Try sending an email to Customer Support.

Since it works on a friends computer, you could try un-installing and then re-installing Wizard. That would clear you're locally cached files.

Arthur