Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Schools out for summer.....new items?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
Not sure how hard this would be to code, but I notice that W101 celebrates a lot of holidays/times of the year. Why not school release? I know a lot of kids are looking forward to it, let's draw them to the virtual celebration rather than the everyone go camping/beach and no one play W101.

I would love to see some summer themes in game like anything that goes in a park/backyard: slide, swings, monkeybars, climbers, playhouse, sandbox, pool, volleyball net, horsehoes, tire swing, etc. Whether they were interactive or not I would be willing to put crowns on them to put them at my castle.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
I like this idea, it's just it has flaws in game, and out. I'm going to list some flaws I see with the idea, this are just what I believe could stop the idea if not taken into consideration.

1. Some states don't have a real "summer". Some states have weeks off, but then during July, June, and August. Have school, they make up for these months by longer winter breaks and sometimes 3 day weekends year round. Wizard101 is a universal game, not one state. Meaning that some people might feel left out if their state doesn't have summer. I do understand that they did a Islanders pack, but that was is August, and right before school was about to start. Making it not really a full summer thing, I classify it as a "Hawaiian or Surf Pack" but not really a summer pack.

2. I find that the housing items you stated are great ideas, but they wouldn't work for Wizard101. Maybe for a social online game, but not a MMO. Though summer mounts, gear, and pets that are not fully summer would work.

On a side note: (Notice how Kingsisle does Christmas in July? They don't say Christmas in summer, making sure they say July for 2 reasons. 1. What I stated with not all states having summer, and 2. Australians play the game, and their Christmas is in July. Love the respect for the cross world players :) )

The idea is great, and I like how you took notice of all the holiday packs, though some reasons I think might push it back.

Allison BattleRider Level 43Pet Warlord
Hunter IceShield Level 100Pet Warlord
Savannah DeathGem Level 22Hero of Krokotopia