Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what is the worst spell in the game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2012
i think the worst spell would be the insane bolt, it does 1000 damage to opponent and 10000 damage to you!!!! i honestly haven't gotten the spell to try it out but i am almost there

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
There's no worst spell. It's just everyone's opinion, and as it happens, I don't have one on this topic. Also, you're wrong about Insane Bolt. It does one of those, not both.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
driedash on May 18, 2015 wrote:
i think the worst spell would be the insane bolt, it does 1000 damage to opponent and 10000 damage to you!!!! i honestly haven't gotten the spell to try it out but i am almost there
Just for a correction, Wild Bolt does 10000 damage to yourself OR 1000 damage to the enemy. I agree, it's not a great spell, but if you're almost dead, then you might kill the enemy or you might die.

I think the worst spell for PvE is Rebirth. That's because it is only good if you are in a team. It uses up so many pips.

For PvP, I think the worst spell is probably Hydra. That's because it doesn't do much damage, and it does , , AND damage. So if you opponent has any one of those shields on, it is almost useless.

Of course, all spell are very good, but it just depends on what is happening in the battle. After all, all spells have their purpose.

Leesha StarForge, level 74

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Worst spell, in my opinion is the Mega Pacify/Soothe/Tranquilize/Calm/Subdue/etc series.

You lose all your pips, and it might not even save you from being targeted.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
The polymorphs. I admit, I've never actually tried one of those, but it's because the and spells seem to be much better that any Moon spell. And they also throw everything in your stats and spell deck (not sure if tc too) out the window, for stats that are not necessarily better than yours (as far as I know). Besides that, all the pacify/tranquilize/taunt thrash. The only one I think works is taunt and you're in trouble if your resist isn't good enough. Did I mention it's useless in Pvp?

Those are my worst spells, in which I would NEVER waste a training point on them . Except if the school receives massive OP-ocity in the future.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
driedash on May 18, 2015 wrote:
Actually it's a low chance of 10,000 to yourself, and a pretty good chance for the 1000 to hit the opponent.

There are moments where it has it's uses (like as a shield breaker or against that one storm mod you need to quickly kill)

Also all spells in general are pretty bad (shift attacks and polymorphs alike)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i don't know about worst spell, but these are the most annoying:

enfeeble
earthquake
glowbugs (love it when i'm the caster, hate getting hit with it)
anything with a stun attached to it (stun block only works if you're first)
that beguile thing shane casts in castle dread-more
weakness
infection (so, so useless for death in pve)

-call of khrulhu (my teammates and i call this 'sandwich time', because we can all make a sandwich, take a shower, refill our coffee cups, and maybe have a nap in the time it takes this spell to cast)

-abominable weaver (can't count the number of times yevgeni has cast that thing right as our storm takes the kill shot~ i've started wasting 3 pips to shatter, regardless of whether or not he has any shields on at the start of the round, just as insurance)

i may add to this later, but i've spent the whole weekend schlepping boxes around and am way too tired to move or think anymore right now.

-von

Survivor
Aug 26, 2012
Dr Von on May 24, 2015 wrote:
i don't know about worst spell, but these are the most annoying:

enfeeble
earthquake
glowbugs (love it when i'm the caster, hate getting hit with it)
anything with a stun attached to it (stun block only works if you're first)
that beguile thing shane casts in castle dread-more
weakness
infection (so, so useless for death in pve)

-call of khrulhu (my teammates and i call this 'sandwich time', because we can all make a sandwich, take a shower, refill our coffee cups, and maybe have a nap in the time it takes this spell to cast)

-abominable weaver (can't count the number of times yevgeni has cast that thing right as our storm takes the kill shot~ i've started wasting 3 pips to shatter, regardless of whether or not he has any shields on at the start of the round, just as insurance)

i may add to this later, but i've spent the whole weekend schlepping boxes around and am way too tired to move or think anymore right now.

-von
OMG, sandwich time! I love that, that's actually so funny and so true!!