Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Eigth School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Since 2009, I have had a taste of every school of magic and its opposite, except of course balance. ??? I was then thinking about the opposites fire and ice, myth and storm, and life and death, they all make sense, but while thinking of balance(order) the opposite would be obviously Chaos. It seems a little odd to have 7 instead of eight schools (no pun intended) and equally odd that such an opposite exists and yet not so much in the game. A new school may reel many people in to once again repeating the game all over again. It appears to have no disadvantage and is a nice completion to balance's not yet existing counterpart. Right?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Order & Chaos would be opposites, but Balance would be the combination of both, the BALANCE, not just Order. Balance really has no opposite and it should stay that way in my opinion.

Just an addition to the thought of Order/Chaos. = Chaos = Order if you think about it.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
I agree with seethe42. Plus we really don't need another primary school and balance doesn't really need a counter because, as seethe said, there really isn't an actual counter to balance.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
I don't feel like we need any extra schools. Seven is already plenty. We do also have sun moon star and shadow although you cannot have them as a main school. Having and eighth school would be far to hard to implement into the game at this point. How would it fit into the story. And what about the schools triangle? Where would it fit? and what about shields to this school and which other schools would get them?

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I'd say the same as Seethe, and I'd also add that there were supposed to be seven schools from the start. Adding an eighth one would make no sense. Also, it would have its disadvantages, as a lot of people would already have all character slots filled.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Yes, I think it should stay that way too. Hence ". . . balance wizards strive to watch equality in all things. . ." not just order. Besides, Chaos already exists as the Wysteria counterpart to Myth. IMO no new basic schools should be added () but I'm certainly not against creating more advanced schools ().

Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
At higher levels, Balance already has a weakness. Balance is weak to .

Explorer
Sep 05, 2009
Survivor
Jan 26, 2011
My opinion is that we should have an eighth school. I personally love the schools we have, but I think we need something new to add o the game. I would LOVE to have a space school or an animal school {space is better, though.} I hope Kingsisle adds a eighth school. I am only level 21, so I haven't reached the shadow, polymorph, or sun moon star spells yet. I hope they are as cool as they sound! I do think we need a new, main school though.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Frozen In Time on May 19, 2015 wrote:
My opinion is that we should have an eighth school. I personally love the schools we have, but I think we need something new to add o the game. I would LOVE to have a space school or an animal school {space is better, though.} I hope Kingsisle adds a eighth school. I am only level 21, so I haven't reached the shadow, polymorph, or sun moon star spells yet. I hope they are as cool as they sound! I do think we need a new, main school though.
An eighth school won't and shouldn't be added. It was KI's intention to have seven schools, and they even had trouble thinking of the seventh one, but eventually settled on Myth.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Dinflaro on May 18, 2015 wrote:
At higher levels, Balance already has a weakness. Balance is weak to .
It's at every stage of the game, excluding Rank 1 enemies.

Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
lewski on May 11, 2015 wrote:
I'd say the same as Seethe, and I'd also add that there were supposed to be seven schools from the start. Adding an eighth one would make no sense. Also, it would have its disadvantages, as a lot of people would already have all character slots filled.
Well other mmorpgs sell character slots, so it would be a good way to make crowns for KI, also just as another post said, it would draw people who've "completed" the game back to it, giving something completely new (just like other mmorpgs have done successfully). I'd think balance should get the ward for Chaos, or do something new and have no ward for it.

Though I do like FrozenInTime's idea of a space school or an animal school.

What would really get the community together on this would to have them vote and/or suggest ideas for an 8th school.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Frozen In Time on May 19, 2015 wrote:
Sorry dude, but those schools already kind of exist. Space would be and Animal school and . Astral schools all have to do with space, while Life takes care, and creates animals, and Balance too because they ". . .seek to find equality in all things . . .". I think however, more advanced schools will be coming in the future.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
The opposite of Balance would indeed be Chaos. But even in chaos there is ultimately balance. Given enough paper and pencils a chimpanzee might eventually write a symphony or a great work of literature. Granted, the chimp wouldn't know what it had done, and it would be through a series of seemingly chaotic coincidences but still, in the end, it will all balance out. It has to, because there must ultimately be balance for anything to consistantly exist. Without the "balance of nature", matter and energy would eventually tip to a degree that would cause it to decend into an irreversible spiral towards destruction. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction and balance provides a delicate reaction to all of the other schools, elemental and spiritual.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
TucsonWizard on May 21, 2015 wrote:
The opposite of Balance would indeed be Chaos. But even in chaos there is ultimately balance. Given enough paper and pencils a chimpanzee might eventually write a symphony or a great work of literature. Granted, the chimp wouldn't know what it had done, and it would be through a series of seemingly chaotic coincidences but still, in the end, it will all balance out. It has to, because there must ultimately be balance for anything to consistantly exist. Without the "balance of nature", matter and energy would eventually tip to a degree that would cause it to decend into an irreversible spiral towards destruction. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction and balance provides a delicate reaction to all of the other schools, elemental and spiritual.
Like Sith in Star Wars. Lol