Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bolt spammers need to be stopped.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
I'm getting really annoyed with the Bolt spammers in the arena right now. The other night I was facing a lvl 100 storm wiz and he would just use wild bolt turn after turn. Each turn he used it, it did somewhere between 600-1700 damage. Now, if it was back in the day where Celestia was the last world, I wouldn't have a problem because the gear back then didn't always make it that strong so it never always did a lot of damage each time. But now with the new Malistare gear out there and the enchants, it seems as if the lowest amount that spell can do is like 500 damage. Plus you have to add on the base pierce storm gets. So it's doing an insane amount of damage. It's also unfair because it's only 2 pips. Now, if it was like 5 or 6 pips I wouldn't have much of a problem with it. I really wish Kingsisle would do something about this.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Hold up. 5-6 pips for a chance at 1000 damage? So basically make a spell with a 66% fail rate that's weaker than Triton? No. Though I do agree that Wild/Insane Bolt is annoying, it's one of those hammer spells that Storm has that's keeping it up. Similar to Loremaster, Fire From Above, Frostbite, etc, Wild Bolt is another one of those overpowered spells you have to deal with, no matter how badly it could ruin your PvP record.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2011
if you take away wild bolt then storm definitely needs to get a dot spell

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
SenseiOfFlame on Apr 28, 2015 wrote:
I'm getting really annoyed with the Bolt spammers in the arena right now. The other night I was facing a lvl 100 storm wiz and he would just use wild bolt turn after turn. Each turn he used it, it did somewhere between 600-1700 damage. Now, if it was back in the day where Celestia was the last world, I wouldn't have a problem because the gear back then didn't always make it that strong so it never always did a lot of damage each time. But now with the new Malistare gear out there and the enchants, it seems as if the lowest amount that spell can do is like 500 damage. Plus you have to add on the base pierce storm gets. So it's doing an insane amount of damage. It's also unfair because it's only 2 pips. Now, if it was like 5 or 6 pips I wouldn't have much of a problem with it. I really wish Kingsisle would do something about this.
Well you need get use to it, I have the same problem before but I got to used to it and planned to a better strategy to stop it, for me I just spam shield all the time until they will have no pips to use any spell. Try to find a guide to stop getting hit my a strong storm wild bolt.

Have a Nice day!

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
What rank and lvl was this storm?
What rank and lvl were you?

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
I am thoroughly annoyed with bolt spammers and I'd love to see them go bye bye, but I don't think that it is wrong to spam bolt. Thus, if there was a tally of Spammers Stopped or Spammers allowed to continue, I'd have to say let them continue due to the following reasons:

Bolt spamming is an okay tactic that storm wizards have found. Taking it away just because it is annoying and most of the time affective is just totally unfair. Lets say there are two sword fighters and one is super good; he always wins. Taking away bolt is like taking away that super good warrior's sword. Taking away the spell or tool that makes him good. The only fair and logical solution to dealing with bolt spammers is for the other schools to come up with their own way of defeating the spammers. Taking away bolt is unfair to storms, thou it would help other schools to win PvP more often. However, it is unjust to take away the storm's weapon just because we cannot beat them. Find away around it but still keep the match fair and even for both teams.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
That is true I myself have versed people using wild bolt none stop but I mean they have caused me no problems
easy take down.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2011
has any one noticed that insane bolt never hits the caster any more?
maybe I am just having some real bad luck for the past month or month and a half

Survivor
Oct 15, 2014
No they don't.

Just need to set for storm.

Train up ice tower go get single storm shield in fair grounds.

Ashley FireBloom never loses to a storm wizards max damage she got from a storm was 110 damage.

And get some global jewels resist or just storm resist.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
SenseiOfFlame on Apr 28, 2015 wrote:
I personally don't prefer to spam bolt on my storm character unless the opponent feels the need to get shield happy. If you think you're going to get bolt spammed, try and buff into an attack that can solidly take out or severely injure your opponent, since bolt spamming cripples pips and defense. You'll still lose some matches when the enemy gets lucky, but should win more than you lose.

Michael Firebringer, Knight

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
gorman moonweaver on Jun 2, 2015 wrote:
has any one noticed that insane bolt never hits the caster any more?
maybe I am just having some real bad luck for the past month or month and a half
The chance of hitting the caster are of 20%. You're just unlucky.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I think that all schools have their ups and downs and one of the advantages to storm is the wild bolt. Yes, it can be annoying especially if they get lucky but that doesn't make it right to get rid of them from PvP. If we did that, we would have to take out a good spell from each school to make it fair and obviously no one will want to do that. I used to try that strategy and it didn't work out for me. The chances are too risky, and many bolt spammers may figure that out soon. Good luck!
- Gabrielle Silversword
P.S. I understand how you feel. I was in a similar situation when I was against someone spamming insane bolts. He only had to do two insane bolts and both times succeeded. I was really annoyed, because what are the chances of that happening? Guess we just have to deal with it the best we can and remind ourselves all schools have advantages.

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
Ok problem with wild bolt spamming is just a pointless complaint.
Yes it is annoying but there is nothing broken about it.
So you just have to get used to it.
There are countless legit broken mechanics of PvP that is mechanical problems not a player problems.

Nicholas Star