Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard and Win 8.1? Internet connectivity problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 19, 2014
Hello

I have purchased a new desktop PC (less than a week old) and also have two laptops that recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 (one less than a month old)

Running Wizard changed with the upgrade. Now, whenever we try to launch wizard, our gateway device resets itself.

I have called my internet service provider, replaced the gateway device (twice), had remote access scans done to my computer by both microsoft and geek squad so I know, now, it's not the computers

It's only tonight that I am realizing it's when I start Wizard, more than half the time, my gateway device simply re-cycles, cutting off my internet momentarily. Also, when we do get connected, we experience severe lag despite a visibly excellent internet connection.

Could the latest update to W101 cause this? It's the only program that it happens during and it's only tonight I've realized the correlation after a month of searching for (and attempting different) answers/remedies.

Please respond.

Thank you.

-Allison Rainfountain 98

Administrator
Hello,

I would suggest sending an email to support@wizard101.com for assistance with this issue.

community@wizard101.com