Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A recently removed friend's button!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 15, 2014
Let's just say you were gonna go to a friend's location but you pressed remove friend by mistake. Your best friend could be lost forever! So there should be a recently removed friend's button so you could add the friend back to your list.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
That would be an awesome thing.

My son accidentally deleted a friend that he would play with just about every morning, and he was devastated when he accidentally unfriended her.

And of course, because he's autistic, he couldn't let it go for DAYS. He really beat himself up for that one, and he still brings it up about once / week.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Sneezypants05 on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:

My son accidentally deleted a friend that he would play with just about every morning, and he was devastated when he accidentally unfriended her.

And of course, because he's autistic, he couldn't let it go for DAYS. He really beat himself up for that one, and he still brings it up about once / week.
I am so sorry for your son that something like that happened. I can see where that could be devastating. One more reason why there should maybe be a "Find" button somewhere that would allow you to enter a wizard name and locate them. Of course there are pros and cons for something like this because it would be easy to abuse. But maybe a limited form that would alert someone that another wizard is trying to locate them so they could make the choice whether to be found or not. This could also be useful for players that are returning to the game after a long lay-off and are hoping to hook up with former friends.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015

that stinks to hear maybe there should be an option for older deleted friends as well

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
If this isn't an option, maybe some other changes could be made to further reduce the possibility of this happening.

The dialogue boxes requesting confirmation that you want to port to a friend or delete a friend look too darn similar. Make the dialogue box for deleting a friend more distinct. Huge red letters saying, "Are you absolutely sure you want to delete this friend?"

And move the buttons farther apart so it's more difficult to accidentally click on the wrong one. Make it small and out of the way so that it's hard to find, such that the only way you're going to click on it is if you are absolutely sure you want to unfriend someone and you have to make a serious effort to find the button.

I've been lucky so far. The only "friends" I have accidentally deleted because of this were my own wizards (playing two accounts at once), so it was only a mild inconvenience to put them both in the same realm and meet up at the same location. I can barely imagine how hard it would be for someone to lose a really good friend over an accident like that.

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
you want to know what would be better? A history of removed friends list with no limit to people or time to be on that list.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
High Five Ghost on Apr 24, 2015 wrote:
If this isn't an option, maybe some other changes could be made to further reduce the possibility of this happening.

The dialogue boxes requesting confirmation that you want to port to a friend or delete a friend look too darn similar. Make the dialogue box for deleting a friend more distinct. Huge red letters saying, "Are you absolutely sure you want to delete this friend?"

And move the buttons farther apart so it's more difficult to accidentally click on the wrong one. Make it small and out of the way so that it's hard to find, such that the only way you're going to click on it is if you are absolutely sure you want to unfriend someone and you have to make a serious effort to find the button.

I've been lucky so far. The only "friends" I have accidentally deleted because of this were my own wizards (playing two accounts at once), so it was only a mild inconvenience to put them both in the same realm and meet up at the same location. I can barely imagine how hard it would be for someone to lose a really good friend over an accident like that.
That is a very good suggestion High Five Ghost, as is the Recently Deleted Friend Button. IMO a "Recently" deleted friend should stay there for at least a month, so say, you were going to port to this friend, accidentally clicked delete, and there's a blackout. A blackout can last for a week even, but by the timer being set to month, you have more than enough time. Maybe even an option that lets you, the player, select how long is "recent". Options can be: Day, 5 days, week, 3 weeks, and a month.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012

Oh my goodness, that is heartbreaking! Lets try to find the lost friend! We can try can't we? What was her name? Amber

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
Delver
Mar 29, 2012
Defender
Aug 12, 2012
KI, please add this! I have a lost friend but I don't remember his name. I also feel really bad for that one person's son who lost his friend, too.

This will be a great thing for all of us!

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
coolguydude102 on May 8, 2015 wrote:
you want to know what would be better? A history of removed friends list with no limit to people or time to be on that list.
I think it should also include what level they were when you deleted them, their name, what they looked like back then, what they look like now, the date of deletion, and who deleted who. This would really be great.