Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New idea for pvp.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
What if Kingsisle added in something called: optional restrictions. What this would do is in a pvp match it disables the usage of a certain item. I was thinking it could disable the use of pets or treasure cards. Now, you do not have to have this happened, its optional if you want it. When you go to start a match, it brings up a page where you can choose these restrictions, then it would find other players with the same restrictions turned on as you. I think this would bring a lot of fun, intense duels into the arena. What do you guys think?

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
SenseiOfFlame on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
What if Kingsisle added in something called: optional restrictions. What this would do is in a pvp match it disables the usage of a certain item. I was thinking it could disable the use of pets or treasure cards. Now, you do not have to have this happened, its optional if you want it. When you go to start a match, it brings up a page where you can choose these restrictions, then it would find other players with the same restrictions turned on as you. I think this would bring a lot of fun, intense duels into the arena. What do you guys think?
Hmmm.... so so..... this could be useful, and non beneficial

Useful:

People could actually survive battles and avoid the mega, unpredicted pet healing, secret cards and the overpower of warlords (in practice i played against a lvl 100 life warlord in a quick join, BIG MISTAKE)

Non Beneficial:

If someone would restrict pets, persay, it would destroy their strategy and if it would be amuletes, blades, tc, rings or even the boosts wands give you, same destruction.

Questions:

1. what could be restricted?
2. Can they're be a randomized restrictions button?
3. Do you mean:
-get paired up with people with same restrictions
-do like tournaments that create the match already with the restrictions and allow anyone to join at their own risk.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
O: sounds like old times no tc no pet heals just straight fight it out but.... what if the other player doesnt agree to the restrictions

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Not really a new idea. People have been suggesting niched PvP for years now. Usually, people are favorable about the idea. When they are not, it's often because of two reasons: 1) those against it do not really understand what is being asked for, or else 2) they feel that it would subdivide the PvP population so much that you could never find a duel.

I personally see no problem with it, and think we should have had it years ago. You could select from checkboxes on your ranked queue what the duel rules are, and advertise your duel as such. Then, only players who consent to your rules would have a chance to match against you. It's pretty straightforward, and would improve player interest in PvP.

In the past, I have suggested separate ranked PvP queues based on your niche (some may want a no-pets restriction, some may want a no treasure restriction, some may want a damage/resist boost or speed dueling modification). I also think if that came to be, that new badges and ranks should come with it to correspond to your skill within each niche.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
nick the wiz on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
O: sounds like old times no tc no pet heals just straight fight it out but.... what if the other player doesnt agree to the restrictions
Then they don't have to have those restrictions turned on for them. They can be matched up with players that have those restrictions turned off. For an example, Lets say there are two restriction options at the moment, one is no treasure cards or no pets. Then I turn on: no pets. I would then find other players that have the no pets option turned on.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
lifedude2002 on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
Hmmm.... so so..... this could be useful, and non beneficial

Useful:

People could actually survive battles and avoid the mega, unpredicted pet healing, secret cards and the overpower of warlords (in practice i played against a lvl 100 life warlord in a quick join, BIG MISTAKE)

Non Beneficial:

If someone would restrict pets, persay, it would destroy their strategy and if it would be amuletes, blades, tc, rings or even the boosts wands give you, same destruction.

Questions:

1. what could be restricted?
2. Can they're be a randomized restrictions button?
3. Do you mean:
-get paired up with people with same restrictions
-do like tournaments that create the match already with the restrictions and allow anyone to join at their own risk.
As for seeing the restrictions, I would like to see No pets and no treasure cards. I'm sure people have other ideas that they would like to be added into this. I don't see why there can't be a randomize restriction button, but I think people would like to fix that themselves. Last, I meant get paired up with people that have the same restrictions as you do. Keep in mind they DON'T have to have the same restrictions on. Its just optional for fun.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
Lucas Rain on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
Not really a new idea. People have been suggesting niched PvP for years now. Usually, people are favorable about the idea. When they are not, it's often because of two reasons: 1) those against it do not really understand what is being asked for, or else 2) they feel that it would subdivide the PvP population so much that you could never find a duel.

I personally see no problem with it, and think we should have had it years ago. You could select from checkboxes on your ranked queue what the duel rules are, and advertise your duel as such. Then, only players who consent to your rules would have a chance to match against you. It's pretty straightforward, and would improve player interest in PvP.

In the past, I have suggested separate ranked PvP queues based on your niche (some may want a no-pets restriction, some may want a no treasure restriction, some may want a damage/resist boost or speed dueling modification). I also think if that came to be, that new badges and ranks should come with it to correspond to your skill within each niche.
Absolutely . I have to disagree though, I don't think it subdivide the PVP population and people would stop PVPing. Because, keep in mind that these are OPTIONAL restrictions. You don't have to have them, it's just there if you are interested in the idea. I think it would just make things a bit more fun for a skilled duelist.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
SenseiOfFlame on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
As for seeing the restrictions, I would like to see No pets and no treasure cards. I'm sure people have other ideas that they would like to be added into this. I don't see why there can't be a randomize restriction button, but I think people would like to fix that themselves. Last, I meant get paired up with people that have the same restrictions as you do. Keep in mind they DON'T have to have the same restrictions on. Its just optional for fun.
Thanks for the acclaration!

Well, if this does get implemented, i would totally approve, imagine fast matches, where you have 15 seconds to fight or a no pets, they could appear as sleeping! although the no TC would make people have to train reshuffle... but whats just a simple training point?

And if this would implemented to practice, ¡Double thumbs up!

Isaac GoldHeart lvl 34