Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Diviners could use a possible buff?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2013
Note: I have never gotten a storm wizard above level 10, due to lack of health, aswell notice that it means I'm not a fanboy for storm wizards. Good thing is, is that it's what I'll be discussing. I understand many will not agree with my point, so let's keep it civil, short, and sweet.

Ok, so I recently went browsing random topics, and saw someone said Storm was actually overpowered, but in my mind I went "How? They have awful health!" Well, someone in the forum answered my question. YES, storm has strong spells, but that's what they're meant for! So I planned on not making a forum page for this, but I had to get it off my chest. In the comments section someone got past Avalon with 2700 Health as storm. Now, fire is above 3k health by the end. Note, that fire is just a bit weaker. Anyway, I think after all those storm nerfs back in the older days with their spells, couldn't they possibly get a boost in health? OH, might I also mention that most of krokotopia they have less than 1000 health.

Well, that's just about all. What are your thoughts on storm possibly recieving a health boost? Thanks for your time, I suppose I will see you in the spiral!

Dylan Fireshield, Level 46, Just got into Dragonspire.
Fire Burns All

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
M4 Sherman on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
Note: I have never gotten a storm wizard above level 10, due to lack of health, aswell notice that it means I'm not a fanboy for storm wizards. Good thing is, is that it's what I'll be discussing. I understand many will not agree with my point, so let's keep it civil, short, and sweet.

Ok, so I recently went browsing random topics, and saw someone said Storm was actually overpowered, but in my mind I went "How? They have awful health!" Well, someone in the forum answered my question. YES, storm has strong spells, but that's what they're meant for! So I planned on not making a forum page for this, but I had to get it off my chest. In the comments section someone got past Avalon with 2700 Health as storm. Now, fire is above 3k health by the end. Note, that fire is just a bit weaker. Anyway, I think after all those storm nerfs back in the older days with their spells, couldn't they possibly get a boost in health? OH, might I also mention that most of krokotopia they have less than 1000 health.

Well, that's just about all. What are your thoughts on storm possibly recieving a health boost? Thanks for your time, I suppose I will see you in the spiral!

Fire Burns All
First off, kudos for the tank reference. I'm a military armor aficionado, WWII era in particular, so it got my attention!

Long story short, Storm has to make up in attack strength for it's lack of health. I've personally yet to play a Storm wizard but I've been on enough teams with them to realize that if you want a quick powerful hit... Storm is your huckleberry. Storm is sort of the Yin to Life's Yang. Life is heavy on health and relatively weak in attack strength, comparatively speaking.
I think asking for a Storm health boost is going to be as productive as asking for a lower level Life attack-all spell. It's not likely to happen. And if it did, all of the people who think Storm is OP to begin with will lose their minds.

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
I'm a level 52 storm! At first you don't have much health but with the damage, you could level up if you really try.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't really understand why anyone thinks Storm needs a health buff. Storm is a school that plays on the edge. It's the price we pay for high damage. We either kill quickly or die quickly and try again. I have soloed my Storm through all but Xibalba, The Hive, Tartarus and Darkmoor. Storm is all about fast, hard game play.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010

Fire Burns All
If they got a health boost, everyone would be angry. Especially in PVP. I'm an exalted fire wiz right now, and killing storms is pretty difficult. They have insanely powerful spells such as: Glowbug, Triton, and Storm Owl. Those are very common spells used by Storm wizards. They are also spells that can easily knock you out with just a single hit. They also get the highest amount of pierce, which changes everything in any pvp match. When it comes to fighting storm wizards, the goal is to kill them quickly since they have very little health, it can be easy to do that at times. All schools have their own "key" to defeat them, they all have their weaknesses. And Storm's low health and defenses is that key to defeat. If they were to get a health boost, then hands down they would literally be overpowered. In fact, I wish Kingsisle would give them another nerf, mostly with their pierce though.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
well master mind has a point on some things life wizards ( like me ) are somewhat weaker then storm which is common because almost everyone is weaker then storm naturally. I have a storm wizard that is around dragonspyre level and he has 1561 health at the moment. I agree that storm should get at least 40 more health beginning the game but it might not even happen because storm will be like mastermind said even more over powered. life wizards has high health along side of ice our heals are good and our attacks eh coming from ME as a experienced life wizard can say that the damage can hit very good if you have the right stacks and they can hit very badly some life wizards don't even attack most of the time because their healing most the time so no one really expects a life wizard to hit very often but being one of the few that attacks I can manage to attack AND heal so I can get a chance to show off what life is made of

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
I have a max storm. Most of the time leveling through the game it didnt matter that my health was low because i simply killed them before they could even hit me once. thats what storm is all about. quick fast kills. we really dont need any more health.
Iridian

Delver
Mar 17, 2011

Fire Burns All
OK i level 93 storm

I in Aztecan

I would have to say no health boost to storm because truthfully storm right now can hit a player health no problem with like 5 pips if you using the new spell or 2 pip with wild bolt

I know it hard to be storm but there power hits past a ice health almost always so in pvp it fair because your storm spells are powerful even at low level it gives the enemy a fighting chance to take you down before you can 1 shot a enemy

my health right now is 2,945 and i could take on a ice with 5,000 health and still one shot him before he got enough blades to kill me

storm truthfully is over powered because it able to use insane bolt and one shot the enemy's or the new spell that thing can whipe out my ice who had a 75 tower 50 tower 30 tower and 1 storm shield it hit my 6,250 heath right on the dot and killed all my team i lived only because of all the towers and it was like 1,560 health and that's not much because before i could heal he used a power pip and did wild bolt and that killed me

storm right now dose not need a health boost it to powerful till they lower the power i say no health boost