Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Names.

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 15, 2009
I have been playing the pet hatching game for a while ( still trying to get a pet with all the talents I desire) and one thing I find a bit irritating is the fact that all pets get a random name when they hatch.

I don't know about everyone else, but this really irks me when I have to continuously spend money to get my pets renamed because they have these odd names that I don't like at all.

I feel that a good (and small) addition they could add would be to let the player choose a pet's name when it hatches.

I mean I am spending how many hundreds of thousands of gold coins for these pets I think the least you could do is take away some of the financial extras that shouldn't even be there in the first place

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I agree completely, it's super annoying. Getting a pet in a monster drop is super exciting, but it also come with the aggravation of having to spend money to get the name changed. This is even more annoying when you're trying to save up for something.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I see your point but I don't see it as being a big deal. I mean it's only 500 gold to change the name. 500 gold is minimal. And there's not a "need" to do it. Personally, I train a pet to adult and if it has potential and it's a pet that I intend to equip I'll change the name... if not then it's relegated to running around my house and at that point it really doesn't matter what its name is.

Historian
May 15, 2009
TucsonWizard on Apr 1, 2015 wrote:
I see your point but I don't see it as being a big deal. I mean it's only 500 gold to change the name. 500 gold is minimal. And there's not a "need" to do it. Personally, I train a pet to adult and if it has potential and it's a pet that I intend to equip I'll change the name... if not then it's relegated to running around my house and at that point it really doesn't matter what its name is.
then give us the ability to have the option to either let the name be randomized upon hatching or to give us the ability to name them upon hatching.

there could even be an option in the game menu to let us change it between manual and automatic