Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I craft on my death?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
So, I have a level 100 storm wizard. He is promethean crafter, and I only decided to craft on him, because I can simply just transfer the gear over to my death, which is my only other character. However, my level 80 death could use Deer Knight, I have tried over 200 times, and I have had it. Should I bother crafting my death up to where I can craft Deer Knight? Thanks in advance.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2013
IMO it's all about that are you up for it, or would it be completely boring. It is fun to have all the things completed though.

-Chris Tale, lvl 26

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
Yes i suggest you do crafting on your death

In fact i am doing the same thing for my death wizard atm just for deer knight

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I'd suggest you at least do the crafting quests with any and all characters. There will be spells, decks, gear that come in from time to time that are no trade, or school only, and you'll want to be able to craft them.
The Wands in Sardonyx and the Decks in Darkmore are two examples...

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Sarg042 on Feb 23, 2015 wrote:
I'd suggest you at least do the crafting quests with any and all characters. There will be spells, decks, gear that come in from time to time that are no trade, or school only, and you'll want to be able to craft them.
The Wands in Sardonyx and the Decks in Darkmore are two examples...
I very much agree with this. I have used certain wizards for crafting in the past, but it catches up with you if you want to craft the highest level stuff and lore spells. It's much faster to learn crafting on every wizard as it levels up through the worlds than it is to go back and try to make up for it.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Additionally, there's a few training points you get in Celestia, and one of those points comes from crafting a tea set.
That's over half way through your questing anyway.

It also frees up slots for when you're lookign to craft numerous things to make something...
You can craft parts on one character, until their crafting slots are filled, move the items to the shared bank, then continue crafting with another character.
This becomes helpful when you need things for quests, like the Spirit Caller drums in Zafaria...

Survivor
Mar 19, 2014
My death girl crafts and gardens because she has the evergreen house.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Crafting a second wizard on the same account is crazy easy.

You already know all the quests, tricks and methods to do it. Plus loads of stuff you have banked because it's not worth selling reagents. With unlimited wealth a few hours at the bazaar and you got all the fossils, turqoise, and whatever else so easily. With gardening king parsley I have over 100 amber. I have agave leaves galore because I always pick them up.