Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizardly party tricks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
There needs to be magic you can cast outside of duels.
In pigs-wick you see students floating around using their magic for fun, why don't we do that in wizard city?
It could be an extension to emotes where you could buy different party tricks from the crowns shop.
These would be small things like:
.Fireworks,
.Morphing into a tree for a couple of seconds
.Floating (if you moved from the spot you would stop floating)
.Making a small rain cloud rain above someones head
.Blowing fire, etc, etc
All party tricks would cost a certain amount of mana (all depending on what level you are and how much mana you have)

The possibilities are endless, it could also be a good business move too. If the party tricks were about the same price as the hair that is currently in the game, you'd get a lot of people buying crowns to collect them all.

P.S I think I speak for the entire wizard101 community when I say: We do NOT want another energy sapper, if this was added to the game it should cost mana to do these party tricks, expensive or not expensive.

Thank you for your time

AdamStormTamer lvl 99

Defender
May 02, 2010
Hah this would be nice. I'll second this post.

Although I suggest KI carefully animate their emotes if this actually gets in the game, the new emotes added are exploited inappropriately.

Explorer
Oct 14, 2008
I love this idea and really agree!

I believe that we should unlock these party tricks as out characters level!

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Very nice idea. One of the few things I don't like about this game (but it's getting better) is that the majority of the time your using spells you're fighting. I'm a powerful wizard but don't use magic for the mundane things i'm doing.

Some crafting spells would be nice. Shorten our wait times? Multiply results?
Maybe transportation magic? Spells that let you tie to another location? Or increase your movement spell so you dont require a mount? Ignore the need for using a spiral door or a spell to create one.

Sorry for going off your topic, just expanding on your idea of magic outside duels

Explorer
Oct 14, 2008
I really like that idea as well .. especially the teleport spell idea

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
I'm seeing some great responses, KI need to see this!

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
J StormCatcher on Feb 20, 2015 wrote:
Hah this would be nice. I'll second this post.

Although I suggest KI carefully animate their emotes if this actually gets in the game, the new emotes added are exploited inappropriately.
They are animated carefully. Its just the players using them or the way you see them. Hardly anyone is hurt by it, since its all fun and games eventually.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Mr Talon on Feb 20, 2015 wrote:
Very nice idea. One of the few things I don't like about this game (but it's getting better) is that the majority of the time your using spells you're fighting. I'm a powerful wizard but don't use magic for the mundane things i'm doing.

Some crafting spells would be nice. Shorten our wait times? Multiply results?
Maybe transportation magic? Spells that let you tie to another location? Or increase your movement spell so you dont require a mount? Ignore the need for using a spiral door or a spell to create one.

Sorry for going off your topic, just expanding on your idea of magic outside duels
I've always wanted magic to be used whenever where ever. Like there would be a Spells Hotbar, and you could switch between rows of cards using PG UP or PG DN, and select the spell using the number keys 1-0, and use the spell by hitting ~ or something like that. Like, a completeply different version of combat.

BUT, i do like the combat we have in the game, its somewhat more fair, since if combat was like what i just said.people could dogpile on one person in pvp.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2012
That's a very good idea I agree completely!!!!!