Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are levels 34-36 too low to start Mooshu?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
I started Mooshu at level 34, or 35- I can't remember. I'm only level 36, and I've been just scraping by. So, my question, are levels 34-36 to low to start Mooshu? I've really only seen people in the late 30's and early 40's here in Mooshu.

Tavia Dragonsong LV 36

Survivor
Dec 31, 2014
I am actually level 26 at mooshu right now so you are doing fine

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
Dang. I bet Krok and Wizard City and Marelybone went fast for you.

Explorer
Aug 03, 2012
ecci the cat on Feb 19, 2015 wrote:
Dang. I bet Krok and Wizard City and Marelybone went fast for you.
It's like a Japanese sort of world.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
I'm currently level 33 in Mooshu, started a little while ago at level 32, and I'm doing fine with no problems. But then again, it might be just because I'm a Death wizard, which are probably the best solo school in the game, so I dunno.

Gavin Ghostblood Lv 33

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
I can't remember what level I was when I started MooShu, but I'm almost done and currently at level 39. I've been doing quite a few side quests along the way to help level up in preparation for Dragonspyre, so I was probably around level 33 or so when I started, so you should be okay. I'm balance as well, and I find it can be a bit challenging when going against another balance creature since balance wizards don't have prisms like the other schools. One area I would definitely get help for is Shirataki Temple, if you haven't done it already, as the very first boss is balance, with a balance minion, so he is quite hard to beat as a balance when you are on you own.

Nora Titan,

Explorer
Oct 31, 2013
Well, I'm level 36, and started at level 35, but at times it can get challenging, but that's probably because I fizzle a lot.

Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
Currently level 43 in mooshu and i have only gotten to the death oni but i hit every side quest there is to do =P

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
Nora T on Mar 3, 2015 wrote:
I can't remember what level I was when I started MooShu, but I'm almost done and currently at level 39. I've been doing quite a few side quests along the way to help level up in preparation for Dragonspyre, so I was probably around level 33 or so when I started, so you should be okay. I'm balance as well, and I find it can be a bit challenging when going against another balance creature since balance wizards don't have prisms like the other schools. One area I would definitely get help for is Shirataki Temple, if you haven't done it already, as the very first boss is balance, with a balance minion, so he is quite hard to beat as a balance when you are on you own.

Nora Titan,
Thank you for the headway. It took me several tries but I just spammed Spectral Blast and the occasional Hydra a lot.

I've finished Mooshu and Dragonspyre now.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2013
I was level 34 when i entered mooshu and i have no trouble at all.

Joshua starcloud level 35

Joshua crowstalker level 92

Survivor
Apr 05, 2015
Levels 34-36 aren't too low! Saffron's a level 32 and just started MooShu!

Survivor
Jul 02, 2015
I started at 30 with no trouble and wasn't defeated through all of mooshu.

Explorer
May 08, 2010
I started mooshu at level 31 on my death
I'm level 38 about to do the third part of mooshu
I'm not doing dragonspyre until I get wraith, So I can get scarecrow by the time I do Malistaire ( Since I'm trying to solo everything of the First Arc )

Survivor
May 11, 2011
No, not at all! :) I started at Mooshu in Level 28 and I'm level 34 now, in Shiritaki Temple. So, you are on the right track!!! But Level 23, to like, 25 might not go steady, so I suggest doing some side quests before starting.

~Happy Wizardry!
Logan L.Wielder (Level 34 )

Survivor
Oct 11, 2013
I guess not... I mean me and my friend did all the sidequests in all the worlds besides like all the wizard city side quests that only give like 100 xp. We're lvl 41 currently and we're about 1/3 into Mooshu, and it's really easy. If you didn't have trouble with Marleybone you won't have trouble with Mooshu.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2015
M0nkeys4life on Feb 18, 2015 wrote:
I am actually level 26 at mooshu right now so you are doing fine
me 2

Survivor
Aug 24, 2015
Prodigous on Aug 29, 2015 wrote:
I guess not... I mean me and my friend did all the sidequests in all the worlds besides like all the wizard city side quests that only give like 100 xp. We're lvl 41 currently and we're about 1/3 into Mooshu, and it's really easy. If you didn't have trouble with Marleybone you won't have trouble with Mooshu.
I got to mooshu at levl 26 its fine

Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
It sometimes depends on your school. Powerful schools like Death and Storm are good. Less powerful schools like Ice and Balance may need some time to get used, but they're just fine. I got to MooShu at level 36 and I'm fine. But prepare for the Plague Oni, because that dungeon is really long and annoying.

Alexandria Dreamcatcher,