Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-13-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello, Wizards! It's that day again and it's that time for feedback, so let's get to it, shall we?

Today is a rather specific question, so if it doesn't apply to you, we'll catch you next week. Are you a crafter? If so, do you craft treasure cards? What are your favorite treasure cards to craft? What treasure cards do you wish you could craft?

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
My first (main) Wizard Balance did & still does EVERYTHING (crafting, gardens, fishing, etc).
But she prefers to craft GEAR for all the other wizards. With the exception of the Red Barn Farm, she Crafted all those rustic kitchen furniture & foods.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
honestly I'd like to be able to craft ANY card from ANY school. Including some of the real odd ones like the cold iron, the myth efreet the storm efreet, the storm dragon, the balance school version of forest lord...etc etc etc. If we're putting all the time in that we do...I think we should get to run the entire gamut of spells once we hit promethean.. I'd like to be able to cast bone dragon and scarecrow for my storm, with my death secondary school.. fire efreet and scald for my death with fire school secondary. I want to be able to craft the life version of the fossil spell for my ICE wiz with life secondary. . it's the only multi hit life spell there is. Hell I wanna be able to craft regenerate and rebirth for my ice too. Ya do follow where I'm going with this right Professor? Oh and again? the shadow enhanced spells for lvl100 wizards should trip the shadow blades and traps thanks.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I craft like no tomorrow.

My bread and butter are gargantuan and unstoppable for assembly-line production of components of the Celestial Observatory. Every wiz over level 20 has these recipes and large numbers of ninja cards besides.

Besides that, the big ticket items now are windstorm, doom, darkwind, and myth/storm traps. I usually set aside 6-12 temps from morning Fish on a Vine gardening for creating windstorms.

What would I like to see? Besides the obvious answers, the cheeky ones: simplify, elucidate, lifebane, and storm hound...

First on my list would have to be Firegut/Potboiler/Coldiron/Franklinstove etc. from the lower level BOXES. Especially Potboiler, the spiral's first 4-pip AOE for life. Running just on the heels of that would be Sirocco Djinni, Storm Efreet, and Boreas Ifrit. Buy recipe from Rose Piper, requires Legendary. (Uses up a lot of regular Efreet tc, or scrap iron.)

I would be negligent if I didn't mention Potent Trap. Raise your hand if you've been unfairly excluded from progress in crafting because you randomly didn't get a Potent Trap card in all of Azteca, KR, or Aquila. *vast ocean of hands* I don't honestly care if it costs 1000 turquoise and 1000 sunstone.

Buy recipe for your school prism at your school tree.

Lastly a couple of things I do at the card table but aren't strictly tc:

Transmute Vine to Braided Vine and vice versa. I have lots of vine, not so much braided vine. 3-to-1 converter like the fin-scales continuum.

Transmute Turquoise. 15 Aquamarine mash down into 1 turquoise.

Mote converter. A fair recipe to convert one type of mote to another. Ex: 3 Mote of Eternity + 1 Life Prism --> 1 Mote of Wisdom. Add a prism to get the mote of that prism's school. Add a hex to get Severity.

Hero
May 02, 2009
I am a crafter and I do indeed craft some stuff on occasions (i.e. Mannequins) but as far as treasure cards go, no, absolutely not. Why craft them when you can just buy them at the bazaar or farm for them there from bosses and such?

Survivor
Mar 15, 2010
The proper answer to this question, for me, is yes I do. I craft treasure cards for two reasons-- a) some craftable items call for certain treasure cards as part of the recipe, and b) I can craft bigger pip cards and trade them with other players, or stack my treasure deck with them and have a little more control over which cards I get. I would LOVE to be able to craft some of the special spells i.e. spells that aren't part of the normal cards that you can get in your school such as Ice Hound, etc.

I have a question for you-- do you count the card recipes as 'treasure cards'??? I mean the Savage Paw, etc. that you can purchase from certain NPCs in the higher level worlds. You fulfill the recipe and you can add the card permanently to your deck. If those *do* count as treasure cards... you're killing me with the Amber. It's almost impossible to complete one of those recipes. If you could make the items needed to craft Amber slightly easier to get it would held. I *never* thought that I would look upon Sunstone fondly as something 'easy' to procure.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
I'm a crafter and usually the only TC I craft are no auction or no trade ones. Buying it with gold is easier than the hassle of checking if you have the correct amount of around 5 reagents, and on top of that I usually don't have those reagents easily ready so it's cheaper anyway to use the bazaar, unless its unable to be located there and is no auction like earlier stated. :)

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
I think I speak for most people, but no one crafts TC unless they are going to be used for crafting the spell.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
I am a crafter and I like to craft balance blades. I wish the recipe was available to all schools.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2009
healing cards for my other wizards so i dont have to buy them>

Survivor
Feb 26, 2012
Yes I'm a crafter and I would like to be able to craft treasure cards that we need to craft items especially the ones you say you can't buy sell or trade or craft and of course you can farm for them and if you are lucky you might get it but that is a joke so some thing I'm never able to craft and where can I get more sonic springs cause the box only dropped one when you brought them back also where do I get silver trumpet vine seeds other than in the Crown Shop where they are a 1000 crowns each and I need 10 to craft what i'm trying to craft ?
I'm a level 100 Fire I'm a Promethean Crafter Thank for any help you can give me

Community Leader
The only time that I've crafted a treasure card was when it was necessary for another crafting recipe. (ie: crafting Loremaster, Krampus, etc.)

If the cooldowns on tc were more reasonable, I'd be more apt to craft them for general use. Also, if the rarer gardening tc were craftable, I'd use those. (Referring to the ones that affect all plants inside or outside)

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
yup, Im a crafter and nope, I dont use TCs at all unless going for the one in a million type of badge. I just see no purpose to use them in PvE. I dont like discarding a card that could be usable for something else. if we had a random TC drawn at the beginning of the round (maximum one treasure card showing total), I might consider otherwise. The ONLY things treasure cards do for me are gold OR to craft gear/spells/etc

Survivor
May 08, 2011
Professor Falmea on Feb 13, 2015 wrote:
Hello, Wizards! It's that day again and it's that time for feedback, so let's get to it, shall we?

Today is a rather specific question, so if it doesn't apply to you, we'll catch you next week. Are you a crafter? If so, do you craft treasure cards? What are your favorite treasure cards to craft? What treasure cards do you wish you could craft?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I would craft a magic spell if you could.

AdamFireCrafter

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I see no reason to craft one use treasure cards when you can just buy them and save the reagants for something else, like a crafting quest or some epic gear. Now if there were some craft only treasure cards there would be an incentive. Or do we already have those? I'm really more of an expert on game lore and geography.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Professor Falmea on Feb 13, 2015 wrote:

I am for sure not a crafter. I've never even crafted before. I literally never even finished the first crafting quest. I find it so hard to find enough reagents to make good equipment. Especially to make new spells (like that guy offers at the end of the Shirataki Temple in Mooshu) I think crafting should be easier. Just a thought.

--

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I'm a crafter, and I don't usually craft TCs. There are some I'd like to be craftable, mainly those needed for crafting quests that aren't available in the Bazaar, for example Potent Trap.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I am a crafter. One of my goals is to craft all the furniture in the spiral.

I do not craft treasure cards unless I need them for a recipe and I cannot purchase them at the bazaar or library. The only treasure cards I feel we should be able to craft are blades and maybe steal charm.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
I craft, but I don't craft treasure cards, The reagents seem to scarce to waste them crafting something that can only be used once.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I craft many things, but cards only rarely, as they are very resource intensive for a single use.

Wish list:
Storm prism
Backdraft
Red Ghost
Brown Spider
Steal Charm
Forest Lord Cub
AfterShock
Enfeeble
Potent Trap (min level 88 to use)
Sharpen Blade (min level 88 to use)
Elucidate (no PvP)
Simplify (no PvP)

Off-topic, yet related: Lamat Snake Ink, the TC vendor in AZ, needs better selection. Those are cards we stopped using by DS. The inventory from ZF Library would be more appropriate, at minimum.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
Steal Charm would be nice. Conviction would be nice to be able to train for players who do not pvp or being able to craft it.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
honestly, i hate crafting~ it's evil. but transmutation is my best friend.

if i had a penny for every annoying, impossibly-hard-to-find reagent i have taken the time and effort to create myself, over the past 4 years, then i would be retired and living on a private island somewhere.

-von

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I crafted lore spell cards to craft the actual lore spells. I mostly craft cards needed for recipes. Sharpen Blade and Potent Trap I would definitely craft if it were possible.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
Yes, I am a crafter on 3 wizards . However, I do not craft treasure cards as they are readily available from other sources.....bazaar, trade, gardening. I have crafted a couple.....Doom & Gloom once but it was hardly worth gathering reagents for one TC. I have crafted Savage Paw, Catalan and Deer Knight as permanent spells though. I try to do things in an efficient manner as a lot of things in the game now take lots of time. I might consider crafting school blades............but only if they are tradeable............and if they do not require Fishing

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
Because of Darkmoor, I started crafting Doom and Gloom TC. They are hard to find in the bazaar, and very necessary to have. For the same reason I desperately wish I could I could craft Steal Charm. Talk about impossible to find, they are literally nowhere unless you farm for an hour in Avalon. Thanks for asking

Amber Raven Song