Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Did I ruin my breeding chances?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
So, despite being a level 34 death wizard, I managed t get my hands on an enchanted armament pet. Wanting to get more copies of sharpen, I hastily trained him up to ancient for a second copy of the powerful spell. However, by adult, I managed to get his two best skills: pain giver and spell proof. I had not done any breeding guides reading, so kept training despite having what would be called a 'perfect half' to a breeding pair. Now my pet has a 'selfish' ability at ancient. Should I bother trying to breed it (I'm looking to get a healing ability now), or should I just try and get another 'perfect' copy? Did I royally mess myself up with this?

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
No, it's fine. Some people may not want to hatch since it has a selfish, but there are lots who will help you anyway. You can use it the way it is, and the bad talent will hatch out if you mix with pets that don't have it. You can post a "wanted to mix" on Central.

For the future, you usually want to train a first generation only to adult then hatch since they often have bad stuff, but you don't need to start over.