Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerf Shadow Enhanced Spells

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
PvP King on Feb 4, 2015 wrote:
The reality of max level PvP is that Balance isn't overpowered anymore. Mana Burn is easily countered by Empower, which removes a Weakness from oneself and gives 3 pips (the same that Mana Burn takes away). It's also known that using Mana Burn to take somebody's 2 power pips away isn't a very smart idea -- once they get to cast their Shadow Enhanced spell, you would have done minimal damage to your enemy, with little to no aftereffects.

Balance being overpowered would not be reflected on the Leaderboards, as I have just explained. Most, if not all Balance's actually, were already present on the Leaderboard. Since then, most of their ranks have been unchanged or decreased.

Every school also has tools to prevent a OHKO (Death's being Bad Juju, Empower, Sacrifice, Dark Pact, Plague, Virulent Plague; Life's being Guardian Spirit, Luminous Weaver, Hungry Caterpillar, Triage; Myth's being Earthquake, Cleanse Ward, Medusa, Basilisk, Dimension Shift; Storm's being Enfeeble, Glowbug Squall, Disarm, Fire's being Efreet, Immolate, King Artorius; Ice's being Tower Shield, Frozen Armor, Ice Armor, Abominable Weaver, Winter Moon, Woolly Mammoth, Lord of Winter) so I don't see what makes Balance so special there, especially since all the other schools have the ability to stack for a OHKO as well as the ability to prevent a OHKO.

Balance's "reliable critical heal" isn't as good as Life's Satyr, as Satyr heals the Life wizard all at once. HoT's haven't been as useful in this era because usually, when you have low health and you try to heal with a HoT, your opponent will have enough pips to cast a hard hitting spell in the next turn or two, which a Shadow Enhanced spell is perfectly suited for. For PvP to be balanced again (and for Balance to compete), the Shadow Enhanced spells must go.
Empower is a semi-decent counter to mana burn but both you and I know that empower only gives 3 white pips whereas mana burn takes 3 power pips the vast majority of the time (especially in this meta where power pip chance is 95%+ for all schools). Mana burn is best cast as a combo disruption as you yourself acknowledged in your opening post.

Once again you are arguing against a point I have not attempted to make. I defy you to find anywhere in this thread where I stated that balance was overpowered. What I did state is that balance is not low tier-not by a long shot.

HoT's are stil useful in this era if you use them at median health levels. Regardless a reliable critical powerful non-consequential heal is something only the life and balance schools share(Fire has a heal but it is weak; death has a heal but it is consequential; storm has a heal but it is unreliable) Balance has no trouble competing in this era and I have yet to see any evidence to the contrary such as a massive leader board shift(the only natural result from a school dropping from overpowered to low tier).

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on Feb 5, 2015 wrote:
Empower is a semi-decent counter to mana burn but both you and I know that empower only gives 3 white pips whereas mana burn takes 3 power pips the vast majority of the time (especially in this meta where power pip chance is 95%+ for all schools). Mana burn is best cast as a combo disruption as you yourself acknowledged in your opening post.

Once again you are arguing against a point I have not attempted to make. I defy you to find anywhere in this thread where I stated that balance was overpowered. What I did state is that balance is not low tier-not by a long shot.

HoT's are stil useful in this era if you use them at median health levels. Regardless a reliable critical powerful non-consequential heal is something only the life and balance schools share(Fire has a heal but it is weak; death has a heal but it is consequential; storm has a heal but it is unreliable) Balance has no trouble competing in this era and I have yet to see any evidence to the contrary such as a massive leader board shift(the only natural result from a school dropping from overpowered to low tier).
Empower just happens to give you the right amount of pips for a Shadow Enhanced spell, which is the sole root of attack spells in most people's decks. Due to that reason, Mana Burn is nearly a useless spell early game. It would be a much smarter idea to just use a shield (which every other school just happens to have) or use Gaze of Fate, which both, aren't as beneficial as any other school. Other schools carry 70% shields as a main resource, therefore making their shields better, and other schools have the ability to use (and stack) their blades more effectively for their Shadow Enhanced Spell. So, take Mana Burn out of the question, and add in some lower class shields and attacks.

HoT's are useful unless somebody catches you at low health, which happens often. If somebody were to use Shadow Shrike and Abominable Weaver with a 40% Iceblade. a 50% Iceblade, and a 35% Balefrost into a 50% Elemenetal Shield and I were to survive (which likely isn't the situation) with 200-300 health, even if I predicted that attack and used Availing Hands the same turn, it wouldn't let me recover as well as Satyr or a lucky Healing Current. So Balance has lower class heals, lower class blades, lower class shields, and less than satisfying OHKO stopping spells. That is why Balance shifted from an overpowered school to a lower tier.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
PvP King on Feb 5, 2015 wrote:
Empower just happens to give you the right amount of pips for a Shadow Enhanced spell, which is the sole root of attack spells in most people's decks. Due to that reason, Mana Burn is nearly a useless spell early game. It would be a much smarter idea to just use a shield (which every other school just happens to have) or use Gaze of Fate, which both, aren't as beneficial as any other school. Other schools carry 70% shields as a main resource, therefore making their shields better, and other schools have the ability to use (and stack) their blades more effectively for their Shadow Enhanced Spell. So, take Mana Burn out of the question, and add in some lower class shields and attacks.

HoT's are useful unless somebody catches you at low health, which happens often. If somebody were to use Shadow Shrike and Abominable Weaver with a 40% Iceblade. a 50% Iceblade, and a 35% Balefrost into a 50% Elemenetal Shield and I were to survive (which likely isn't the situation) with 200-300 health, even if I predicted that attack and used Availing Hands the same turn, it wouldn't let me recover as well as Satyr or a lucky Healing Current. So Balance has lower class heals, lower class blades, lower class shields, and less than satisfying OHKO stopping spells. That is why Balance shifted from an overpowered school to a lower tier.
Yes empower does give you the right amount of pips for a shadow spell. I am not certain how that makes mana burn useless early game. Gaze of Fate is the single best 1v1 shadow added this game and you have access to the same shields other schools have. Mana burn cannot be taken out of the picture since it is an extremely useful tool.

I agree that HoT's are not helpful if someone caches you at low health but that does not change any of the points I made above about the usefulness of HoT's at median health. Satyr would be better in the scenario you cited but a lucky healing current wouldn't....because the storm would be dead. Your class heal is second only to life's in effectiveness, you do have lower class blades, your class shields are not a relevant point since you can train the same 70% shields as everyone else can and you have some of the best one hit preventative spells in the meta along with the third highest health buffer. Is balance lower than it was during the Hades era?-yes. Is it low tier?-No

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on Feb 6, 2015 wrote:
Yes empower does give you the right amount of pips for a shadow spell. I am not certain how that makes mana burn useless early game. Gaze of Fate is the single best 1v1 shadow added this game and you have access to the same shields other schools have. Mana burn cannot be taken out of the picture since it is an extremely useful tool.

I agree that HoT's are not helpful if someone caches you at low health but that does not change any of the points I made above about the usefulness of HoT's at median health. Satyr would be better in the scenario you cited but a lucky healing current wouldn't....because the storm would be dead. Your class heal is second only to life's in effectiveness, you do have lower class blades, your class shields are not a relevant point since you can train the same 70% shields as everyone else can and you have some of the best one hit preventative spells in the meta along with the third highest health buffer. Is balance lower than it was during the Hades era?-yes. Is it low tier?-No
Well, I'm not exactly in the mood for a 266 post argument about where Balance lies as a school (like last time), but what I do know is that every Shadow Enhanced spell, including Gaze of Fate, is overpowered for PvP. When I said that Mana Burn is useless in PvP, I meant that in a sense of using it the same turn somebody will use their Shadow Enhanced spell, which is very likely. If an opponent is at 6 pips, Mana Burn will deal 560 damage and their Shadow Enhanced spell will deal at least 1000 damage. Shadow Enhanced spells bring large unbalance to the game as every other attack spell is completely useless, and combined with Shrike, each Shadow Enhance spell will OHKO with or without a 70% shield, as long as the user of the attack gets a critical through. So, theoretically, Mana Burn isn't a solid choice for an attack.

I want to know what you think about the Shadow Enhanced spells, though. Do you think they unbalance PvP as much as I do?

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
PvP King on Feb 5, 2015 wrote:

ALL shadow enhanced spell be use for shadow shrike not just wizard!

don't like them and don't use them

beside some few haven't give up immunity this time having immunity there not along this time because seeing & using immunity because to overpower because much spell to remove blade because possible make dent into them!

won't die with abominable weaver unless people using jade gear & shadow shrike! only give extra damage buff with Azteca school aura with jade gear! mostly everybody shield!

immunity puppet more worst! some people easy set up in pvp already know school that they vs too!

shadow enhanced spell beside not much others school don't give much luck mostly likely beside because got higher damage spell because wreaking school!

"happen when shadow enhanced spell part 2 game with 2 shadow pips & 5 pips "only school get aoe only to: // "Not ///" more damage then part 1 or second damage with shadow magic

"mostly annoying people complain to much because I think spell just fine way it is" beside because they chance older crafting spell so, everybody own loremaster spell! so, people stop complain about op spell?

so these spell now loremaster spell own school

Lord of Night (damage buff) same effect
Brimstone Revenant (damage buff/new effect) apply a +25% Fire Trap
Handsome Fomori (new effect) apply -25% Accuracy.
Luminous Weaver (damage buff) same effect
Keeper of Sacred Flame (damage buff) same effect
Catalan (new effect/damage buff) apply -25% Accuracy.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
J StormCatcher on Jan 30, 2015 wrote:
Or just disallow the Shadow Enhanced spells in PVP.
I think would be bad idea (some say that) would make shadow colossal

Explorer
Nov 18, 2011
I agree and with puppets it makes 2v2 even more hard.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
PvP King on Feb 7, 2015 wrote:
Well, I'm not exactly in the mood for a 266 post argument about where Balance lies as a school (like last time), but what I do know is that every Shadow Enhanced spell, including Gaze of Fate, is overpowered for PvP. When I said that Mana Burn is useless in PvP, I meant that in a sense of using it the same turn somebody will use their Shadow Enhanced spell, which is very likely. If an opponent is at 6 pips, Mana Burn will deal 560 damage and their Shadow Enhanced spell will deal at least 1000 damage. Shadow Enhanced spells bring large unbalance to the game as every other attack spell is completely useless, and combined with Shrike, each Shadow Enhance spell will OHKO with or without a 70% shield, as long as the user of the attack gets a critical through. So, theoretically, Mana Burn isn't a solid choice for an attack.

I want to know what you think about the Shadow Enhanced spells, though. Do you think they unbalance PvP as much as I do?
I don't see them as unbalancing PvP so much as I see them as encouraging emergent gameplay. Now the meta has shifted to maintaining a health buffer while simultaneously accounting for the fact that your opponent can spike incredible damage at any point. As for the enhanced spells making every other attack spell useless: this is simply not true. Go into any PvP match with only your shadow enhanced spells as attacks and you are almost guaranteed a loss.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Eric Stormbringer on Feb 10, 2015 wrote:
I don't see them as unbalancing PvP so much as I see them as encouraging emergent gameplay. Now the meta has shifted to maintaining a health buffer while simultaneously accounting for the fact that your opponent can spike incredible damage at any point. As for the enhanced spells making every other attack spell useless: this is simply not true. Go into any PvP match with only your shadow enhanced spells as attacks and you are almost guaranteed a loss.
not unless "buff older spell"

allot ice use icebird and give blade

and I want train real spell of frost dragon on mine ice because same as gnomes and near same damage as gnomes unless buff it to same same damage

would be like:

Gnomes: 780-880 with colossal 1055-1155

ice have frost dragon as real card 600-700 and was buff to 700-800

colossal would be: stage1 frost dragon not buff 600-700 with colossal 875-975
colossal would be: stage2 frost dragon was buff 700-800 with colossal 975-1075
frost dragon best second best spell with dispel different school (Only to ice wizard)

clued ice efreet made that real spell but as real spell of fire efreet and use ice efreet allot much as fire do!
ice more better luck effect them storm because ice a weaker school because tank class

and not like myth going get new shatter spell and then just removing shield by drain the shield for heal spell!

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I agree, myself being a level 60 death wizard, all i face is exalted wizard, my ranking is about 1900 right now, and i can not win, i am very skilled but there is no skill in pvp, pvp is broken, its just luck. I really wish they could at least fix the matching system or nerf critical or something, because i can't tell you how upset i am about how downhill this pvp has gone.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
gingerbreadman222 on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
I agree, myself being a level 60 death wizard, all i face is exalted wizard, my ranking is about 1900 right now, and i can not win, i am very skilled but there is no skill in pvp, pvp is broken, its just luck. I really wish they could at least fix the matching system or nerf critical or something, because i can't tell you how upset i am about how downhill this pvp has gone.
then start using shield/dispel/ trap/blade & tc etc and had these spell to win pvp!

because don't think going nerf the spell he are level 100 spell meant for only level 100 and make had more people on test realms then worry about training you pets able bring back mega pet snack back in test realms and then that will help make bug fixes more easy?

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
Just make them no pvp, no need to nerf them

We need these spells for stuff like farming darkmoor and a lot of wizards like myself wont be happy about them being nerfed since they are very helpful when in those hard PvE situations (i said PvE not pvp)

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
skyscream101 on Feb 20, 2015 wrote:
Just make them no pvp, no need to nerf them

We need these spells for stuff like farming darkmoor and a lot of wizards like myself wont be happy about them being nerfed since they are very helpful when in those hard PvE situations (i said PvE not pvp)
There's no need to make them no PvP either. They are perfectly valid as they are.

Some people want to change/nerf anything that effects their personal favorite strategy.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Prince of Shadows on Feb 21, 2015 wrote:
There's no need to make them no PvP either. They are perfectly valid as they are.

Some people want to change/nerf anything that effects their personal favorite strategy.
I agree before weaver so, strong because ice wizard don't have "offense gear" isn't none for lower level! only way get offense gear at low level have be warlord "warlord badge is just possible"

when came to wizard101 "i have trouble picking school want be" going pick balance "support team see be lame" might hard to defeat balance wizard in pvp? allot of balance was some balance can be immune balance in "possible just use hydra/chimera because spirit/elemental shield "clued also have tower shied! lucky don't have balance shield

only choice "ice" I think "Awesome School" because I think would be cool to have frost dragon as aoe like fire dragon but make as gnomes design "so, put 2 dispel chance to a to aoe dispel"

also want be ice "feel bad" about them, don't get much luck in pvp" video website getting annoying call them weak school! so, choice be ice "teach others school what ice is really about"
--------------
last topic because you think "shadow shrike best spell defeat immunity "wrong"

pvp about strategies "just because best school because doesn't means that you have shadow shrike" not going win that easy!

in 1v1 "defeat allot shadow magic use shadow shrike wizard by using immunity" never lost by one only for storm "storm jealous of ice" least can't wait for moon shield

"why say storm jealous of ice because ice are tank and storm is not "want be tank" be more rude to ice so, "would no ice wizard in pvp" whatever "play that way don't be complain "that need defense school, when new world if enter immunity dungeon "that cheat with shadow magic "if there shadow magic cheat "remove shadow magic spell in the playing field" "wasn't no ice immunity in the dungeon" & also immunity shadow magic!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Prince of Shadows on Feb 21, 2015 wrote:

The spells easily unbalance PvP. The dpp dealt from these spells is a leap of faith compared to anything we've ever seen yet, and the new meta is "killed or be killed." These spells wouldn't be so overpowered if our stats were more defense driven (block and healing), but they're not, and they simply make most matches a race to get the other person's health down to zero.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
PvP King on Feb 26, 2015 wrote:
The spells easily unbalance PvP. The dpp dealt from these spells is a leap of faith compared to anything we've ever seen yet, and the new meta is "killed or be killed." These spells wouldn't be so overpowered if our stats were more defense driven (block and healing), but they're not, and they simply make most matches a race to get the other person's health down to zero.
I agree because ice are not only one who overpower and storm overpower as well and just think "storm to overpower" to much of everything "now possible" can't do ice pvp anymore!

I do agree spell would be nerf!

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
PvP King on Feb 26, 2015 wrote:
I agree with you so much

1 because the new shadow spell are crazy over power i mean who ever thought this was a good idea has to be kidding

2 nobody should be able to get 100 resistance to anything unless it there own class other then that no that way people can use converts and don't have to spam shadow magic with blades to get a nice hit on the person

3 games out of balance i mean have you seen that ice can hit like a level 80 storm and storm can get resistance so high that it becomes a tank and they don't need damge that much sent there spells are already powerful i mean look at storm owl that thing hits 1600 to 1900 if you blade it add shadow magic and little other stuff poof one guy on the enemy team is dead.

4 lets not forget the pip rating now a days if you go second you win the battle if you have the new decks i mean if a storm goes second in my battles and it has the new spell and i can't fined a block i know i dead because shadow pips pop up like candy not even joking there not that rare they pop up almost every round.

I mean only shadow spells i seen that are OK so far is the shadow summons and the shadow block spell where he can take 25 of what ever his team gets hit with and in cress everybody block rating also the healing one.

But the shadow spell needs to be fix here the some options how you could fix it

1 nerft
2 lower the power
3 make them cost more pips
6 band them from pvp
7 make the shadow pip harder to get

and the resistance

1 Chang it to only where you can get 100 resistance to your class only and lower any and all other resistance that make it where you can get 100 in more then one class to about 80 and then lower ice to 85 sent there the block school

2 start making it where if you hit 100 resistance you still can take a little damge

power levels

1 you can lower schools power level and make it where even if they have a lot of damge they can only do so much that way people don't one shout everybody

shadow spells
1 make them cost more
2 make the shadow pip harder to get

there a few ways you could fix it i know it not much options but at lest it would be a start to fixing this crazyness

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
sliver moon wolf on Mar 1, 2015 wrote:
I agree with you so much

1 because the new shadow spell are crazy over power i mean who ever thought this was a good idea has to be kidding

2 nobody should be able to get 100 resistance to anything unless it there own class other then that no that way people can use converts and don't have to spam shadow magic with blades to get a nice hit on the person

3 games out of balance i mean have you seen that ice can hit like a level 80 storm and storm can get resistance so high that it becomes a tank and they don't need damge that much sent there spells are already powerful i mean look at storm owl that thing hits 1600 to 1900 if you blade it add shadow magic and little other stuff poof one guy on the enemy team is dead.

4 lets not forget the pip rating now a days if you go second you win the battle if you have the new decks i mean if a storm goes second in my battles and it has the new spell and i can't fined a block i know i dead because shadow pips pop up like candy not even joking there not that rare they pop up almost every round.

I mean only shadow spells i seen that are OK so far is the shadow summons and the shadow block spell where he can take 25 of what ever his team gets hit with and in cress everybody block rating also the healing one.

But the shadow spell needs to be fix here the some options how you could fix it

1 nerft
2 lower the power
3 make them cost more pips
6 band them from pvp
7 make the shadow pip harder to get

and the resistance

1 Chang it to only where you can get 100 resistance to your class only and lower any and all other resistance that make it where you can get 100 in more then one class to about 80 and then lower ice to 85 sent there the block school

2 start making it where if you hit 100 resistance you still can take a little damge

power levels

1 you can lower schools power level and make it where even if they have a lot of damge they can only do so much that way people don't one shout everybody

shadow spells
1 make them cost more
2 make the shadow pip harder to get

there a few ways you could fix it i know it not much options but at lest it would be a start to fixing this crazyness
i agree (they should nerf shadow enhanced spell) to overpower ( mostly annoying school) mostly everything (to much stuff & to much love & to much talent) just hoping make defense shadow shrike (I maker of wizard101 (make new immunity gear) give use enough tools to fight and immune armor pierce ("would add") name it either: armor resist/pierce resist!

way to overpower (way way) let someone else have chance to win sometime!

keep being to strong! I would quit wizard101 & pirate101 leave and go on to crowfall (because it better seem be better! as more class then wizard101 & pirate101

but make new school (wish for shadow magic as real school (all the op)
all gear like:

1. most damage for shadow magic,
2. most resist for shadow magic
3. most accuracy for shadow magic
4. most critical for shadow magic
5. most critical block for shadow magic
6. most armor pierce for shadow magic
---------------------
just add new limit to pvp! or add school to the practice when others people create a match in the practice match

I was ice and storm overpower for me and ice want test out is offense gear "create 1v1" match "add school" able put

"no allow" message would make it to say for example: Storm NOT QUALIFY FOR THIS MATCH!

Defender
Aug 04, 2014
like I say to almost anyone that doesn't quest and only does pvp and complains that a spell needs to be nerfed, there is a reason Wizard101 is called Wizard101 and not MagicPvP101. If the new spells were nerfed that would affect pve horribly. I do agree with removing shadow enhanced spells from pvp though.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
SamanthaWillowdrea... on Mar 16, 2015 wrote:
like I say to almost anyone that doesn't quest and only does pvp and complains that a spell needs to be nerfed, there is a reason Wizard101 is called Wizard101 and not MagicPvP101. If the new spells were nerfed that would affect pve horribly. I do agree with removing shadow enhanced spells from pvp though.
I agree because shadow enhanced spell to overpower because have shadow shrike mostly in impossible counter them (mostly like storm) much school way to overpower!

should banned new spell or shadow magic before made shadow enhanced spell part 2 (ice/life get aoe sometime this point) never know there damage be more up to: 1725 with 2 shadow pips cast & 5 power pips with colossal max: 2000 damage be extremely overpower small pips (with just shadow pips cost) but be harder use shadow shrike until get our 3rd shadow pips!

I can tell 3arc for wizard101 going be very risky world "could have boss that can cheat" which it can be deadly"

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
YES! I agree. They do way too much damage, despite taking a shadow pip. Shadow pips seem to be fairly easy to get anyways.

I hope for either (A MAJOR) nerf in damage, or an increase in pip cost.

I think that the robe should give some block, and maybe on various amounts depending on school. Personally, I don't even use the Malistare wand for PvP. I use teeth of lord of night instead. The entire block given by the malistare set is puny compared to everyone's critical.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
AustinShadowSwordA... on Mar 18, 2015 wrote:
YES! I agree. They do way too much damage, despite taking a shadow pip. Shadow pips seem to be fairly easy to get anyways.

I hope for either (A MAJOR) nerf in damage, or an increase in pip cost.

I think that the robe should give some block, and maybe on various amounts depending on school. Personally, I don't even use the Malistare wand for PvP. I use teeth of lord of night instead. The entire block given by the malistare set is puny compared to everyone's critical.
I agree shadow enhanced spell should be nerf (but others just ignore it) but chance pips cost mostly likely for storm/death/balance

but rather just ignore (spell won't last) new level come clued pets (resist more better nobody care resist because shadow shrike (I would rather give everyone resist to every school to all school to every school, just to make for fair for tank wizard?

I don't malistaire gear won't last long AS for A good gear when WE reach to level 200!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
JustinFrostHunter on Mar 21, 2015 wrote:
I agree shadow enhanced spell should be nerf (but others just ignore it) but chance pips cost mostly likely for storm/death/balance

but rather just ignore (spell won't last) new level come clued pets (resist more better nobody care resist because shadow shrike (I would rather give everyone resist to every school to all school to every school, just to make for fair for tank wizard?

I don't malistaire gear won't last long AS for A good gear when WE reach to level 200!
Level 200 will be in another 10 years, and I'm sure most of us won't be playing that long. And unless we get a pip that costs 3 pips and get way more efficient spells, Shadow Enhanced Spells will always be the leading force behind offense, meaning they will always be used due to their insane pip efficiency. So we're stuck in a meta that can't be changed and that's a fully driven offense fest, until Shadow Enhanced Spells become nerfed.

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
My immediate suggestion that I would love would be to block these new and immensely powerful spells from PvP. If they can make stronger minions for us to cast in PvE that are blocked from PvP, why not block these overpowered spells?

Right PvP is rather centered around the idea first to hit hard enough wins. I PvP with my & and my balance always has high elemental resist but regardless of defensive capabilities the only way I know to survive these hits are with a tower shield that's tc and real one when they have shrike (and blocking their criticals which is easier said than done). If there were a ban for these shadow enhanced spells on PvP I feel like it would become a little slower paced again, but I'd much rather have it slow enough to cast half my deck than a couple 10-20 spells; maybe less if your unlucky.

On this note. I realize people have always complained about pvp and will continue too, but I have a personal issue that I'd like to bring up to attention. The second tier shadow spells of khrysalis are far from useless but with shadow enhanced spells taking up your shadow pips at first glace(along with shrike if you ever have 2 shadow pips) I feel like nobody really ever uses them because they simply are a waste of shadow pips and take too long and overall are much less efficient than shadow enhanced spells or 1st tier shadow spells.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Potato Tomato on Apr 3, 2015 wrote:
My immediate suggestion that I would love would be to block these new and immensely powerful spells from PvP. If they can make stronger minions for us to cast in PvE that are blocked from PvP, why not block these overpowered spells?

Right PvP is rather centered around the idea first to hit hard enough wins. I PvP with my & and my balance always has high elemental resist but regardless of defensive capabilities the only way I know to survive these hits are with a tower shield that's tc and real one when they have shrike (and blocking their criticals which is easier said than done). If there were a ban for these shadow enhanced spells on PvP I feel like it would become a little slower paced again, but I'd much rather have it slow enough to cast half my deck than a couple 10-20 spells; maybe less if your unlucky.

On this note. I realize people have always complained about pvp and will continue too, but I have a personal issue that I'd like to bring up to attention. The second tier shadow spells of khrysalis are far from useless but with shadow enhanced spells taking up your shadow pips at first glace(along with shrike if you ever have 2 shadow pips) I feel like nobody really ever uses them because they simply are a waste of shadow pips and take too long and overall are much less efficient than shadow enhanced spells or 1st tier shadow spells.
minion won't work even do have stronger minion even made have shadow pips but "storm just to overpower" if have storm shield storm likely use "insane bolt" or "convert" clued when are immunity because don't want forgot about ice minion make as overpower would have universe resist!

make shadow shrike (that had defense) type so, overpower resist even more as shadow shrike make more fair! unless make spear tower shield then shadow shrike be useless but be better off had resist to armor pierce "don't waste space for dumb new spell that are not useful!

life/ice mostly getting sick of single spell (time for them get need aoe)
---------
but just wish make spell hatchery make own spell as hybrid spell (limit only real train spell) no treasure card