Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are pet talents random?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
Let me first say... I'm ready for all the opinions.

Hi, I'm Victoria StarShade(Fire wizard, level 73) And I've been reading a lot of posts on whether you can train your pets to receive a talent, or if it's all just random, meaning you can train your pet on any category(ex: strength) but no matter what you do, your pet will get the talent they were original supposed to get.

So.... Can you train your pet to get the talent you want, or is that all just a hunk load of (Insert Word Here)? If it is, I'm angry xD. Why would they give you things to train if it's all just a waste? So that's where I stand on this topic. :P Anyway, what do you guys think? And it'd be awesome if someone who actually worked for this company could truly reply.

Thanks everyone !

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
It's determined at hatch. The 5 talents that manifest, will be the 5 you get, in that order as soon as the egg hatches. No matter how you train, feed or play the pet, makes no difference.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
It isn't exactly random. Your pet can only get talents from a pool it starts with, but everything is set when the pet hatches. Nothing you do with training or snacks can change it.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
Okay, another question:

I've heard that not training intellect can increase the chances of your pet casting. Someone told me their pet literally spams the Fairy Friend talent and Spritely talent. Is this true?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
lMysticl on Jan 12, 2015 wrote:
Okay, another question:

I've heard that not training intellect can increase the chances of your pet casting. Someone told me their pet literally spams the Fairy Friend talent and Spritely talent. Is this true?
Not true. Attributes have no effect on may-cast talents. They have a fixed chance of happening upon specific triggers.