Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

same level from pets to make a hybrid?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 01, 2013
hi, i have a question because i don't understand very well the hatching from pets. i been trying to get a night walker by hatching my wraith with my orthrus but i always get a single wraith again, and my wraith is epic and my orthrus is adult, i hatched with a hydra that was epic with my wraith and i made a darkreaver and they made a hybrid when they were same level so this means my orthrus needs to be epic for make a hybrid with my wraith?

Explorer
Jan 23, 2014
calebshadowbrand on Dec 27, 2014 wrote:
hi, i have a question because i don't understand very well the hatching from pets. i been trying to get a night walker by hatching my wraith with my orthrus but i always get a single wraith again, and my wraith is epic and my orthrus is adult, i hatched with a hydra that was epic with my wraith and i made a darkreaver and they made a hybrid when they were same level so this means my orthrus needs to be epic for make a hybrid with my wraith?
I don't believe the level of the pet determines what pet you'll get, just keep hatching the Wraith and Orthrus and wish for the best. Good luck!

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Nightwalker

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The level doesn't matter. They just need to be adult or higher. Hybrids are rare, most hatches will be one parent or the other. It just takes patience and lots of tries/luck.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
No, it does not. It's all a lot of luck for those level 48 hybrids, as far as I'm aware of. I should know, for it took me a long, long time to get my Jade Hound (Satyr x Orthrus; body of Orthrus). I generally hatched with Adult Orthrus, my Satyr being Ancient, but I still got the Traveller (looks like a Treant) hybrid.

So again, it's all just a bunch of luck. If you really want it, but continue to get bad luck, I would suggest to you that you find a person that owns a Nightwalker pet, so the chances are more even (50-50, I believe).

Best of luck!
~Shannon Skybreaker

Survivor
Nov 10, 2014
No, you just have to have the right pets for the hybrid.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2013
thank you, now that i know is by trying i wont stop hatching until i get my nightwalker