Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Better Balance Wizard and Level 100 Spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
I know Balance Wizards are to bring balance and order but the only thing they are good for as they are today, is to give other wizards extra blades. Because they have low damage, low hit spells, pretty much a low everything besides health. Giving the Balance Wizards a better level 100 spell like the multi hit Lord spell that is casted by the balance minions in part 1 of the Darkmoor dungeon would be awesome, the spell received is awful, not cool or exciting, and has very low damage even when enchanted a Balance wiz can't compete! Giving them a little more power would also be helpful!

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
I don't know what you're going on about... Gaze of Fate does 1100 damage and 1376 when enchanted. Balance wizards should just be grateful for what they have... Not every spell has to be a Loremaster.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Megan Frostflame on Dec 12, 2014 wrote:
I don't know what you're going on about... Gaze of Fate does 1100 damage and 1376 when enchanted. Balance wizards should just be grateful for what they have... Not every spell has to be a Loremaster.
sorry you are incorrect, Gaze of Fate is a Myth school spell and I have to agree, our Balnce spell doesn't seem to do as much damage as the other school spells. I also feel life got a little cheated, their spell should have been a universal,

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
Megan Frostflame on Dec 12, 2014 wrote:
No but every spell has to at least be decent compared to the others. The storm spell deals more damage than the balance spell and it's to all players and puts an ENFEEBLE on them. How is that fair to any of the schools? Seeing how darkmoor gear is basicly the same for all schools storm has the best spells with the same gear as everyone else. I think they should have upped the other spells and decreased or kept the storm spell the same

Explorer
Sep 05, 2009
Enlightened One on Dec 13, 2014 wrote:
sorry you are incorrect, Gaze of Fate is a Myth school spell and I have to agree, our Balnce spell doesn't seem to do as much damage as the other school spells. I also feel life got a little cheated, their spell should have been a universal,
Gaze of Fate is the Balance Spell. Mythic Colossus is the Myth spell
Just had to correct you there
Also, I wish Gaze of Fate did a little bit more maybe it should of been AOE and everyone gets hit with a different school plus the balance damage

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
I have 100's for every school, and when I looked at this spell I thought, "What were they thinking!" After using the spell, I realized that balance finally got a damage bubble. The spell is not as bad as it seems.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
goofygoober128 on Dec 23, 2014 wrote:
No but every spell has to at least be decent compared to the others. The storm spell deals more damage than the balance spell and it's to all players and puts an ENFEEBLE on them. How is that fair to any of the schools? Seeing how darkmoor gear is basicly the same for all schools storm has the best spells with the same gear as everyone else. I think they should have upped the other spells and decreased or kept the storm spell the same
Yes but Gaze of Fate does the lower base damage as Fire From Above and it gets a global while fires get 3 traps to use. The traps and global are the same damage except the global lasts every round until somebody changes it while fire's traps are only good for 3 attacks. Sure life gets a super absorb, sure ice gets a reverse efreet, myth gets a weaker Earthquake affect, Death doesn't even get an after affect! In my opinion balance wizards shouldn't complain about the spell, at least Kingsisle gave it the global affect instead of leaving it with no affect like the first week of the test realm.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
The damage bubble isn't balance. Thats not the way balance is supposed to work and they just threw in a bubble so people wouldn't complain. If they are going to buff gaze of fate they need to add a REAL balance bubble. As in a new one. because i'm pretty sure giving the enemy full power pip chance when balances already have about 95% is nothing but a benefit to the other team. Bubbles are supposed to EFFECT everyone but only BENEFIT one type of school (the school that casts it). But the balance bubble only benefits the other team. If there is going to be a balance bubble it needs to decrease everyones pp chance. Because once the balance casts it it will benefit only balances who will have the highest pp chance. Like dark rain only benefits storms balances bubble should benefit only balance. And since it's 4 pips as contrast to 2 pips as most schools have it, I'd say it needs something extra. I'd say decrease everyones power pip chance by 35% and balance spells that are 4 pips and up casted in the bubble give the caster one power pip. Because we all know power play is just about one of the worst spells every made in wizard101. Adding this to gaze of fate I think would lvl it with the AoE spells. Personally I think all the non AoE spells got it bad considering they do very little damage compared to the others.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
They're not only talking about the Gaze of Fate, but other spells too. I'm currently in Avalon and I always need to have someone paired with me because either the critical rating is too low that I can't get a good enough hit, or else Ra and Power Nova do nothing. When I see Storm do Tempest or Fire cast Rain of Fire, they will either pull a one hit kill, cause stuns or damage over time, even the Forest Lord can cause damage via prisms. I don't know how others were able to pull it off. But to fight alone seems impossible as a Balance wizard.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
S0ulBlood on Dec 23, 2014 wrote:
Gaze of Fate is the Balance Spell. Mythic Colossus is the Myth spell
Just had to correct you there
Also, I wish Gaze of Fate did a little bit more maybe it should of been AOE and everyone gets hit with a different school plus the balance damage
Thanks for that!
I'd actually never seem the Balance spell named but someone in my team called the Myth school by this name so I just assumed he was correct